Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scotus 11: Will Thomas Ever Speak Again?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Scotus 11: Will Thomas Ever Speak Again?

Also, since when can't a virgin commit sexual assault? It's almost like the Judge doesn't know what sexual assault means.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Most of the Committee members (and Senate GOPers) went all in long ago, and it won't matter if ten eye witnesses come forward to support Ford and Ramirez--they will be flat out blind to the evidence. The public and a handful of GOP moderates, though?

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
        Most of the Committee members (and Senate GOPers) went all in long ago, and it won't matter if ten eye witnesses come forward to support Ford and Ramirez--they will be flat out blind to the evidence. The public and a handful of GOP moderates, though?
        I'm just starting to wonder what's the good result here. Ultimately, I would like him stopped. But, what happens then?

If the Catholic Woman is confirmed she's just as bad for the Court overall.
        If they have to put a moderate up (Garland) and confirm him that would be fine but I don't see that happening.
        Perhaps the Dems could wrest control in November and hold the seat open for two years?

Just seems right now that it's a lot like the dog chasing the car. What happens when the dog catches the car?
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          This isnt about benefit...she has the right to be heard too. (and he has the right to face his accuser) Everyone who wants to testify should we cant have another Anita Hill where she stands alone.
          Even people who don't want to testify should testify. Mark Judge being witness #1. Put him under oath, and see what he says. Better yet, have the FBI investigate the whole lot of them, and let's get to the truth here.

One of the writers of the New Yorker article was on CBS, and she said emails among Kavanaugh classmates at Yale have been going back and forth since July wondering whether the story about him shoving his dick in Ramirez' face was gonna come out. This was months before Ford came forward with her story.
          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            It is. Right now, I'm thinking he's guilty as hell, but also don't understand the thinking "Well, look at how hard he partied! Must be guilty!" I partied that hard, and never came close to assaulting someone. I don't see how that is really relevant. I know many others in that same boat.

Except the others who have said, he was great when he was sober, but became forward and aggressive when he was drinking. Attests to demeanor. He said he might have partied a bit, but never assaulted anyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              Also, since when can't a virgin commit sexual assault? It's almost like the Judge doesn't know what sexual assault means.
              Pretty sure Jason from Friday 13th was a virgin....
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

“Do you believe survivors?” she asks. “Senator, I have a right to know what your position is on Brett Kavanaugh.”
                “God bless you, ma’am,” Cruz responds.

Is that Canadian/Texan for "Bless your heart"?

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  I would say in both cases, innocent until proven guilty. Period. Let me hear all the facts. Then I'll decide.
                  You understand that for nearly everything but criminal trials, the legal standard is simply preponderance of the evidence, right? 50% plus a feather means you win.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                    Is that Canadian/Texan for "Bless your heart"?
                    Thoughts and prayers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                      It is. Right now, I'm thinking he's guilty as hell, but also don't understand the thinking "Well, look at how hard he partied! Must be guilty!" I partied that hard, and never came close to assaulting someone. I don't see how that is really relevant. I know many others in that same boat.
                      I'm sure you also know people who were angry drunks, and people who got a bit...frisky...when sloshed. Sounds like Kavanaugh was a bit of both.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                        I'm just starting to wonder what's the good result here. Ultimately, I would like him stopped. But, what happens then?

If the Catholic Woman is confirmed she's just as bad for the Court overall.
                        If they have to put a moderate up (Garland) and confirm him that would be fine but I don't see that happening.
                        Perhaps the Dems could wrest control in November and hold the seat open for two years?

Just seems right now that it's a lot like the dog chasing the car. What happens when the dog catches the car?
                        Exposing Kavanaugh as a Conservaperv has already benefited the Democrats Scoobs. Far from being an asset as originally envisioned during this campaign season he's now a liability. All Dems are now completely justified in voting against him and for several (Donnelly, McCaskill) who won their races against anti-women candidates last time this is a gift. Add Heitkamp to that as well as her opponent is basically saying attempted rape is cool as long as the rapist doesn't succeed for whatever reason.

Now having said that either Kavanaugh gets confirmed or some other knuckledragger takes his place next year since the Senate is favored to remain in the GOP's control. Elections have consequences and all that, but there's not enough time to jam a new nominee through given the extreme vetting the next choice is going to face by the GOP themselves in order to cover their own a sses.

But look on the bright side. A Kavanaugh vote will end Heller's Senate career if it isn't already over, and put a target on Cory Gardner, Joni Ernst, and Susan Collins when they're all up in 2020.
                        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
                          You understand that for nearly everything but criminal trials, the legal standard is simply preponderance of the evidence, right? 50% plus a feather means you win.
                          Still listen to all the facts though, right?
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                            Exposing Kavanaugh as a Conservaperv has already benefited the Democrats Scoobs. Far from being an asset as originally envisioned during this campaign season he's now a liability. All Dems are now completely justified in voting against him and for several (Donnelly, McCaskill) who won their races against anti-women candidates last time this is a gift. Add Heitkamp to that as well as her opponent is basically saying attempted rape is cool as long as the rapist doesn't succeed for whatever reason.

Now having said that either Kavanaugh gets confirmed or some other knuckledragger takes his place next year since the Senate is favored to remain in the GOP's control. Elections have consequences and all that, but there's not enough time to jam a new nominee through given the extreme vetting the next choice is going to face by the GOP themselves in order to cover their own a sses.

But look on the bright side. A Kavanaugh vote will end Heller's Senate career if it isn't already over, and put a target on Cory Gardner, Joni Ernst, and Susan Collins when they're all up in 2020.
                            See, I'm not sure about that. Absolutes only seem to work for the Republicans.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                              Still listen to all the facts though, right?
                              Since he's already a proven liar (remember his verbal fellatio of Trump when his nomination was announced that would've made Sean Spicer and Baghdad Bob proud?), his credibility is shot. In a case like this, that's the ballgame.

Comment

I think he said the whole "virgin" thing cause that's what he said to the wife when he first met her. "Oh honey, I'm not like those other guys. You're the very first".

No matter what kind of brave face she's putting on publicly, things can't be rosy in the Kavanaugh household. Two young daughters, what, early teens, maybe the youngest not even, and this is what they have to hear about their father on the news? That he was a scumbag assaulter of women when he was just a bit older than them? Boozing them up and then taking advantage of them? Yeah, that's a nice image when daddy comes to tuck you in at night.

That cannot be going over well with wifey, and if he doesn't end up getting confirmed, I can see divorce coming in their future.

Comment

Working...
                                X