Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scotus 11: Will Thomas Ever Speak Again?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Scotus 11: Will Thomas Ever Speak Again?

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    So basically, all of this was known back when he was initially vetted, and they decided to ram him through anyway.

Keep it classy, Trumpsters.
    Pretty much...and my guess is there is way more. There is a reason they classified everything and it isnt just for the lulz.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
      So much for those Republicans' concerns about men being wrongfully accused by women of sexual misconduct.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.ab1fddd74684

So, a concerted effort led by the people who have been pushing for Kavanaugh to be appointed to the court from the get go to push a theory of mistaken identity, and naming and publishing photographs of an innocent man they claim was the rapist instead of Kavanaugh.

But yeah, this whole thing is on the up and up, led by the most moral and upstanding citizens this country has to offer.
      That whole thing is f'in WEIRD. If Kavanaugh is completely innocent, is there ANY reason to "go there" with this BS? Its not like this Whelan guy is Alex Jones. He's a former SCOTUS clerk and a good buddy of Kavanaugh. I also think he's now going to get sued into oblivion.
      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        Pretty much...and my guess is there is way more. There is a reason they classified everything and it isnt just for the lulz.
        Gambling problem seems likely, based on all of his poorly explained debt.

Comment

The Republicans know something. You dont circle the wagons like this unless you have a reason. If you honestly think someone is innocent you dont need tactics like this. If they are wrong they are opening themselves up to civil action by randomly throwing someone under the bus. (please let him turn out to be a Dem cause that will explode all over their faces!)

They were banking on her holding firm and not speaking publicly. This stinks of desperation.
          If he's innocent, why wouldn't he want an FBI investigation?
          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Maybe...I dunno go back and watch Gorsuch testify then watch Kavanaugh. Kavanaugh reminds me of when politicians get called into disciplinary hearings. He isnt confident, he speaks awfully and he always looks like he is parsing his words cause he has something to hide. He seems like the guy Presidents throw under the bus when they are cuaght doing something illegal and serve time in Danbury. Nothing about him says "Supreme Court Justice". It more says "used car salesman".
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I'm thinking there's a copy of trump's tax returns in Kavanaugh's file.

Comment

Reportedly, the demands laid out by Ford's counsel for her to testify.

Ford will not appear any sooner than next Thursday

No questions to be asked at hearing by any outside counsel — only by Senators;

Mark Judge must be subpoenaed;

Kavanaugh would testify first, then Ford would testify, and Kavanaugh would have no opportunity to respond or rebut;

The Friday deadline for her to provide a written statement before the hearing would be waived;

Provide adequate security;

Only one pool camera in hearing room;

Ford and Kavanaugh allotted the same amount of time to talk.
                Originally posted by WiscTJK
                I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                Originally posted by Timothy A
                Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                  Yup. This is one of the worst things he’s ever said
                  Apparently his itchy Twitter finger got the best of him.

His south lawn presser on the way to the Carolinas the other day (Wed?) he sounded almost reasonable. Now this.
                  The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Kavanaugh would testify first, then Ford would testify, and Kavanaugh would have no opportunity to respond or rebut;
                    Um ... I'll say "What?"

Alan Dershowitz called that request ... unAmerican.

And Dershowitz is gonna be in a wringer with his Harvard friends for this: http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/09/2...showitz-reacts
                    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                      Um ... I'll say "What?"

And Dershowitz is gonna be in a wringer with his Harvard friends for this: http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/09/2...showitz-reacts
                      It is a little strange how aggressive they're being with a couple of these conditions. It's like they think they have a ton of leverage in this, which I find confusing.

Comment

The more Dershowitz opens his mouth, the more convinced I become that he's losing it.

That said, there will be pushback on a number of those demands, and her lawyers likely know that. So they are going all-in right now, and seeing what they can get in terms of a counteroffer.

Comment

• Seems fair enough. I'm sure it's criminal in the GOPs mind though.
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Mitch statement today says the gop will plow through and have kavanaugh confirmed shortly.

Nothing matters to these people or their voters anymore

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                              Um ... I'll say "What?"

This isn't a debate. Both sides say their piece and that is it. Why should he get to rebut anything? Can she then rebut his rebuttal?

Dersh is a clown and needs to go away.
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                                Um ... I'll say "What?"

For a supporter of the world's greatest negotiator, you sure seem confused by negotiation.

Comment

Working...
                                X