Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scotus 11: Will Thomas Ever Speak Again?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Scotus 11: Will Thomas Ever Speak Again?

Originally posted by rufus View Post
    Sounds awful shrill.
    Can't believe this is my Senator... and she's a complete obstructionist. Saying no to everything that Trump requests because, well, Trump. If Ms. Ford were being bullied, she wouldn't be given the platform to be heard.

Comment

Dear Mr. Flag.

There is no statute of limitations for sexual assault in Maryland.

Also, just wanted to point out again (dx did a great job of it last night) that there is no due process requirement here. This is a job interview. The mere appearance of impropriety is enough.

Signed,
      Scooby
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

We knew he wouldn't stay silent forever.

**NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          Can't believe this is my Senator... and she's a complete obstructionist. Saying no to everything that Trump requests because, well, Trump. If Ms. Ford were being bullied, she wouldn't be given the platform to be heard.
          didnt all y"all say no to bho's choice because, well, bho??
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              Totally agree. The ivy engineers I’ve eboun couldn’t hold a candle to really most of the big ten or Midwest engineers I’ve come across.

The ivies were smart but not good employees
              ivy's are the sux. and only whites are hockey players, swimmers ( ) and divers
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                Dear Mr. Flag.

There is no statute of limitations for sexual assault in Maryland.

Also, just wanted to point out again (dx did a great job of it last night) that there is no due process requirement here. This is a job interview. The mere appearance of impropriety is enough.

Signed,
                Scooby
                Not to mention, it is the FBI's job to do background checks on political appointees. State lines or no state lines.

You know, if I were that stupid, I think I'd just remain in the background and keep my mouth shut. Not continually demonstrate that stupidity day after day on internet message boards.

But that's just me. Have at it, Flaggy.
                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                  jfc

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                    jfc
                    Yup. This is one of the worst things he’s ever said

Comment

https://www.yahoo.com/news/former-st...212737695.html

These were the situations where, I think, you could talk to any prep school girl, and they would say, yeah, I was attacked or I was abused or I was touched or I was done in this improper fashion. And like I said, it was a fraternity, but it was also a situation where the girls wouldn’t talk about it later on, either. A lot of these women basically became kept women.

Was the assault that Christine Blasey Ford described typical?
                      Yeah, and a lot of that happened. And I think she said she was in a bathing suit, so that happened at Beach Week, I would guess.
                      That’s where everybody would go down to the coast, over to Ocean City [Maryland], or Rehoboth [Beach, Delaware], one of the local beaches. And somebody would have a house, or somebody would rent a house, and then it would just turn into a free-for-all there. My friend, who went to one of the private girls’ schools, said she woke up with a guy on top of her. And this was not a situation where people would talk about it. They would just say: “Oh, well, how’d you do? How was your weekend?” “Oh, well, I got attacked.” And that was just normal then. It was an attitude where “No” didn’t necessarily mean “I’m going to stop.” It meant “I’m going to keep going,” and “I’m going to keep going because I’m privileged and I’m allowed to and I’m not going to get in trouble for it.”

Sounds pretty much like my high school and college years, minus the sexual assault part. I mean, there were stories, and I'm sure probably a lot of it happened, but I never witnessed it. Story of a girl my freshman year who did a train of 20-some guys. Yeah, I'm sure that was consensual. Another story of a girl who woke up in a room full of guys at a frat house the next morning, completely naked, and no idea how she got there. Stuff like that. So I have no doubts that this woman is telling the truth.

Comment

Comment

So much for those Republicans' concerns about men being wrongfully accused by women of sexual misconduct.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.ab1fddd74684

So, a concerted effort led by the people who have been pushing for Kavanaugh to be appointed to the court from the get go to push a theory of mistaken identity, and naming and publishing photographs of an innocent man they claim was the rapist instead of Kavanaugh.

But yeah, this whole thing is on the up and up, led by the most moral and upstanding citizens this country has to offer.
                          Last edited by rufus; 09-21-2018, 09:31 AM.

Comment

I'm sure news such as this has Joe profoundly disturbed. Since he's all about civility in our political discourse.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/w...eiving-threats

From senators to the accuser to family members, women of all stripes involved in the sexual assault allegation against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh have received violent threats in recent days.

Comment

So basically, all of this was known back when he was initially vetted, and they decided to ram him through anyway.

Keep it classy, Trumpsters.

Comment

The Republicans know something. You dont circle the wagons like this unless you have a reason. If you honestly think someone is innocent you dont need tactics like this. If they are wrong they are opening themselves up to civil action by randomly throwing someone under the bus. (please let him turn out to be a Dem cause that will explode all over their faces!)

They were banking on her holding firm and not speaking publicly. This stinks of desperation.
                                Last edited by Handyman; 09-21-2018, 09:52 AM.
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X