Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scotus 11: Will Thomas Ever Speak Again?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Scotus 11: Will Thomas Ever Speak Again?

I think the general consensus is investigate, then see how it pans out (minus the extremists, of course, on both sides). Both sides have already made up their mind and an investigation won't change anything.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I fully encourage others to step forward. It's harder than anything I have ever experienced. It should be done, though. I can't imagine what is going on in (alleged; necessary term) those victim's minds.

To those that are threatening her, that's just sick and disgusting. Makes me ill. IF IF IF these are false allegations, the truth will come out. If she is speaking the truth, it will come out. Well, for the most part: beyond a reasonable doubt, unless someone cracks. I keep thinking back to Duke, the Rolling Stone story, and the Brian Banks stories...then again, we have the Catholic Church, Bill Cosby, and countless Hollywood stories. This is why I wait and see.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Lol. Brett loved the truth then

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
              This is the usual partisan nonsense. The fact people are analyzing his yearbook shows how absurd the whole thing is. Hasn’t he passed something like seven background checks(they’re not easy to pass as I’m sure a lot of people in the Trump administration have found out)? That should mean much more than some random accusation 35 years after the fact with no corroborating evidence.

I get that people don’t like his politics, but by any objective measure he is quite qualified to be on the court.
              Then why aren’t they letting the FBI exonerate him? Why are they in such a hurry to push it through?

No corroborating evidence? LMFAO

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                BS. I made the drinking age by 5 days when it was raised, my friend missed it by 2 days. Both of us when asked what the drinking age was in high school would reply 18. Kavanaugh wasn't asked what it was when he was 17.
                Talk about pure BS as it pertains to his statement.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                  ...It’s the same reason Garland wasn’t supported. ...
                  Just admit it, Garland wasn't supported because the ****** nominated him.

Garland received praise from both sides of the aisle his whole life, but because Obama nominated him, all of a sudden the GOP had to hate him.
                  “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                    Just admit it, Garland wasn't supported because the ****** nominated him.

Garland received praise from both sides of the aisle his whole life, but because Obama nominated him, all of a sudden the GOP had to hate him.
                    He received praise earlier that year from the Right. They were saying Obama should nominate someone like him instead of a hardcore liberal. Then he did and they wouldnt even have a hearing for him. But Kavanomeansyes they have to rubberstamp.
                    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

To quote Monty Python and the Holy Grail: "GET ON WITH IT!" https://www.infowars.com/grassley-sc...riday-morning/

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                        Talk about pure BS as it pertains to his statement.
                        While this is all pretty irrelevant to the larger picture I'm still confused about it. Here's what you said:

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                        I just missed the grandfather clause in MN and I know what the age was and was not for myself when I was 17 going on 18 and beyond. If I had been asked, "What was the drinking age when you were 17" I'd have said without hesitation, "21 and I just missed being grand-fathered in for 18" because I've actually had that conversation more than once. There is no reason whatsoever for him to have said it was 18 (while knowing for him it was not) other than to try and minimize it. Just stop.
                        I don't get it because I'm pretty sure the drinking age in MN was 19 from the mid 70's until the mid 80's when it was raised to 21. Those 19 by the day it went to 21 were grandfathered in. This fact obviously doesn't jive with what you are saying about missing being grandfathered for 18. Either you missed being grandfathered at 18 when it went to 19, in which case the drinking age was 18 or 19, not 21 while you were in HS, or you missed being grandfathered for 21, in which case you were just turning 19, (presumably) weren't in HS, have no experience with alcohol ever being legal for HS students, and the drinking age was still in fact 19 when you were in HS. So in no case that I can see, despite you having had the conversation frequently, could the drinking age have been 21 when you were in HS. Were you just drunk when these conversations took place?

My experience was that 18 was the drinking age, which is a huge difference from 19 or 21. HS Seniors of age could buy alcohol legally. They'd go out for lunch and beers and come back to school, They would meet at bars after school, and they would buy the alcohol for the parties. People are shocked now, but my HS paid for all the kegs at Senior Baccalaureate where parents, teachers, and students all got plowed together on the school's dime. It was a completely different world and culture as it pertains to HS students and drinking than it became even just a few years later. Since my experience is similar to Kavanaugh's, at least through his junior year in MD, and given that 18 year olds could still legally buy alcohol just 4 miles from campus in DC his senior year, I really have no problem with what he said about the drinking age and would say the same thing myself. As irrelevant as it is.
                        Originally posted by WiscTJK
                        I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                        Originally posted by Timothy A
                        Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                          What evidence do you expect them to find that will resolve it? I guess someone can investigate, but not sure what good it will do.
                          Who knows? But they won't find anything if they won't look. Which is just fine with you and all your Republican friends, and your representatives in Congress.
                          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                            Gorsuch was a straight swap and Kavanaugh isn’t. It’s the same reason Garland wasn’t supported. If he had been replacing one of the four democratic judges he gets confirmed no problem. For the record I think Trump should have gone straight swap instead of appointing Kavanaugh.
                            Garland wasn't even given a hearing. Wasn't even considered. At least Kavanaugh has gotten that.

But yeah, just Democrats, smearing and stonewalling. Christ, you're an imbecile.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                              Who knows? But they won't find anything if they won't look. Which is just fine with you and all your Republican friends, and your representatives in Congress.
                              He compared it to Hillary and the Email investigation. Last time I checked the FBI investigated that. Yet, the Republican ****tards won't allow the FBI to investigate this by demanding the White House to reopen the background check.

**** Republicans and **** this country.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                                I think the general consensus is investigate, then see how it pans out (minus the extremists, of course, on both sides). Both sides have already made up their mind and an investigation won't change anything.
                                But at least we may find out the truth about what kind of man he really is.

You're right, whatever is discovered, republicans will still vote to confirm him anyway. Just another symptom that is the sickness of today's Republican party.

Comment

Working...
                                X