X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: POTUS 45.41: We Need More Tax Cuts to pay for the Tax Cut

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
    I just did lol.
    Can you point to SB numbers that passed with him as (co-) author or sponsor? Asking for my friend Scoob.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

I'm not gonna do the work for you guys but the Low Income heat one was in September 2008 and he introduced it. In 2009 he and Chuck Grassley introduced the bill that prevented Wall St. banks from replacing laid off American workers with temp foreign labor. And he helped add the amendment to ACA in 2010 that expanded community health centers and funding for them. Obviously there are others but it's probably not good enough for Scooby because he has some weird irrational hatred of the guy.

Comment

I'm not gonna do the work for you guys but the Low Income heat one was in September 2008 and he introduced it. In 2009 he and Chuck Grassley introduced the bill that prevented Wall St. banks from replacing laid off American workers with temp foreign labor. And he helped add the amendment to ACA in 2010 that expanded community health centers and funding for them. Obviously there are others but it's probably not good enough for Scooby because he has some weird irrational hatred of the guy.
        https://www.politico.com/story/2016/...-record-220508

Democrats who worked with the Vermont senator say he contributed to the debate, but rarely forged actual legislation or left a significant imprint on it.
        Originally posted by Barney Frank
        His legislative record was to state the ideological position he took on the left, but with the exception of a few small things, he never got anything done
        He was not a major participant in the financial reform debates, either in the Clinton administration or in the Obama administration
        Last edited by BassAle; 09-14-2018, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Well yeah it's politico lol and their sources are a bunch of centrist politicians who are mostly against him. I literally just named a few things that he introduced that helped people and were enacted into law. But politico!

Comment

Well yeah it's politico lol and their sources are a bunch of centrist politicians who are mostly against him.
            I like the guy, he brings attention to some very important issues, but he doesn't have a whole lot of legislative accomplishments.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
              I like the guy, he brings attention to some very important issues, but he doesn't have a whole lot of legislative accomplishments.
              I mean I just named a few of them. Obviously he's not gonna pass single payer by himself.

Comment

He's introduced 3 bills that became law. 2 were renaming Post Offices, and the 3rd was increasing veterans cost of living
                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Ok so clearly none of the amendments that helped people matter

And honestly we could do this all day. Kamala Harris's huge accomplishments in the senate are what exactly? What about Booker? (and yes I realize they haven't been around that long and one could argue that either direction) Hillary did a great job voting for the Iraq war...
                  Last edited by trixR4kids; 09-14-2018, 11:40 AM.

Comment

He's ahead of Kamala Harris.
                    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Re: POTUS 45.41: We Need More Tax Cuts to pay for the Tax Cut

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                      He's ahead of Kamala Harris.
                      No ****. he's also been in DC a lot longer.

Again, I like the guy. I'd take him over Trump even if Bernie were 99 years old. But it's ridiculous to argue that he's more accomplished than Clinton, which is what I believe the Bernie Bro was arguing.

Comment

Bottom of the 8th

The only card Red Don has left to play, is to fire Sessions.

Comment

No ****. he's also been in DC a lot longer.
                          Not sure who that says worse things about: he's barely ahead of someone that junior; or, that Harris isn't ahead of Sander's meager list by now.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Not sure who that says worse things about: he's barely ahead of someone that junior; or, that Harris isn't ahead of Sander's meager list by now.
                            It'll be 2021 at best before a Democrat introduces a bill that passes into law.
                            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

But it's ridiculous to argue that he's more accomplished than Clinton, which is what I believe the Bernie Bro was arguing.
                              In some ways that's a good thing because some of her accomplishments were downright harmful.

Comment

yeah, I'm sure the republicans would love to give her a legislative win

Comment

Working...
                                X