X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    And the better ideas won out.
    The industrial part of the country won the physical war (shocking, I know), but the war of ideas never stopped. And the South won control of your party in the 1970s and hasn't looked back.

Comment

• Re: POTUS 45.41: We Need More Tax Cuts to pay for the Tax Cut

Originally posted by unofan View Post
      So you're not being pragmatic, you're dodging the question.
      If the law of the land became as you posit, I'd have two choices: comply or be an outlaw. The pragmatist in me would comply with the laws*. And I'd continue to work within the system to turn it to my views.

Can you say the same?

*There are lots of laws I don't like but have to comply to, like Saturday driving I-94 in ND and only being allowed to go 75 MPH when there wasn't another car within 5000 feet of me. Oh for an Autobahn ...
      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
        By virtue of the states' rights argument being violently beaten back.
        Life gets messy at times. Especially when the stakes are highest.
        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
          So....to be clear, you have no problem with a state forcing its residents to have the children of their rapists as long as that's what the majority of the state votes for?
          That's why we have several States. Some may take that narrow view (which I couldn't support personally); other States surely will not.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
            Life gets messy at times. Especially when the stakes are highest.
            Stop trying to muddy the waters. You were attempting to suggest that the better ideas winning out somehow proved your point. It didn't...at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
              That's why we have several States. Some may take that narrow view (which I couldn't support personally); other States surely will not.
              So you don't care that poor women in the South will get ****ed. I'm not surprised at all.

Comment

I was told by the President they didnt die. Now their husbands beat them to death?
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

The industrial part of the country won the physical war (shocking, I know), but the war of ideas never stopped. And the South won control of your party in the 1970s and hasn't looked back.
                  So ... win again.

And not a registered anything so what is this " your party" to which you refer?* I may be bent libertarian conservative, but I ain't and R as I'll probably be voting for Heitkamp (even though she, a UND alumna, Tweeted out support for NDSU recently )

*In ND there is not even voter registration.
                  I love the political-live-robo-scripted-calls that start out asking "Are you registered to vote?" ...
                  "Um, ... no."
                  "Well you really should ..."
                  "Um, ... I can't."
                  "Yes you can."
                  "Um, not in ND; there's no voter registration."

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

If there's no constitutional protection, states would be free to ban it, but so would the federal government. So as with pretty much all legal questions, the answer is, "It depends."

Now, would you be so cavalier if a liberal court signaled it wanted to do the same thing to your gun rights?
                    Roe v. Wade, and the constitutional protections set out in it, have basically been the law of the land for what, nearly a half century? Yes, states and courts have nibbled around the edges of it to see how far those rights go, but the basic rights set forth by the Supreme Court continue to exist.

The Supreme Court has overturned earlier cases, basically reversing themselves. There have been other instances where subsequent Supreme Court decisions haven't explicitly overruled an earlier decision, but effectively did. But can anyone think of an example where the Supreme Court has declared a constitutional right to exist for an individual, and then had a subsequent Court say "no, it doesn't?"

Cases enumerating constitutional rights are not overruled by subsequent Supreme Courts. Roe will never be overruled. The edges will continue to be nibbled at, and cases will be decided about who should be notified and what needs to be stated to the patient, but that constitutional right is as solid as if it were written into the document itself. No different than the right to an attorney, etc...
                    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

I was told by the President they didnt die. Now their husbands beat them to death?
                      Not even noon Monday and we have a front-runner, FEMA guy, for moron of the week.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

So you don't care that poor women in the South will get ****ed. I'm not surprised at all.
                        Thomas P. "Tip" O'Neill quote here. If your local sucks, fix it. Fix it includes leave if that's what it takes.

PS - I've lived in ND, NY, FL, and MN. It's not theory to me.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Apparently in this administration "emergency" means "criticism of Trump" and "management" means "gaslighting".

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                            So ... win again.
                            It's kinda hard to win when the other side keeps breaking the rules so you can't.

If things worked as you seem to think they do, Merrick Garland would be a SC justice, and you wouldn't be "just asking the questions" about this subject.

The only way to start winning again is to root out this cancer from our government. You're not exactly helping in that area.
                            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                              It's kinda hard to win when the other side keeps breaking the rules so you can't.

If things worked as you seem to think they do, Merrick Garland would be a SC justice, and you wouldn't be "just asking the questions" about this subject.

The only way to start winning again is to root out this cancer from our government. You're not exactly helping in that area.
                              Amazingly, I think he was actually talking about winning another civil war.

Comment

Oh, we can do that, too.
                                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Working...
                                X