X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.41: We Need More Tax Cuts to pay for the Tax Cut

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    They can voluntarily pay more taxes, write checks to the government, you know. Just sayin'.
    So, you got nothing?

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
      So, you got nothing?
      Wrong. Those people who want to be taxed more, then tell them to send in more money. What's the issue here? They are not paying any more than they have to, period.

I admire their charitable donations (Gates/Buffett), that is truly awesome. However, when it comes to taxes? No better than any other rich person. Period.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
        Oh fark that bullshiat argument and stop. Right now. That's not how taxes work, and you should know better. The fact that you're using a flaggy argument, literally, is beneath you.

NL managers could also voluntarily play without a DH in interleague games. Just because they're on the right side doesn't mean they have to handicap themselves.
        They still take advantage of every loophole. End. Of. Story. They could ignore those loopholes. They don't.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

They still take advantage of every loophole. End. Of. Story. They could ignore those loopholes. They don't.
          You're not playing the centrist on this one, Brent. You're just flat out being disingenuous.

Comment

You're not playing the centrist on this one, Brent. You're just flat out being disingenuous.
            I'm being very genuine. A vast majority of people take advantage of every tax break they can take. It doesn't matter party. The rich set the rules, like it or not. That's my point. It's not R/D/I. It's rich vs non-rich. That's the issue I have in this whole thing. Don't blame a party for the rules. Blame the rich for not making it happen.

Comment

I'm being very genuine. A vast majority of people take advantage of every tax break they can take. It doesn't matter party. The rich set the rules, like it or not. That's my point. It's not R/D/I. It's rich vs non-rich. That's the issue I have in this whole thing. Don't blame a party for the rules. Blame the rich for not making it happen.
              No, you said they could voluntarily pay extra. Because governments apparently run on charity in your delusional pipedream world.

And your latter argument is bull****. The Republicans cater to the rich by taking the Norquist pledge and enacting trickle down economics. The Democrats may not repeal that wholesale, but they sure as hell don't further it.

Comment

No, you said they could voluntarily pay extra. Because governments apparently run on charity in your delusional pipedream world.

And your latter argument is bull****. The Republicans cater to the rich by taking the Norquist pledge and enacting trickle down economics. The Democrats may not repeal that wholesale, but they sure as hell don't further it.
                1. I did say that. And they could. Pretty sure someone like Gates or Buffett have some pull.
                2. I also have said the Rs are worse. The Ds are no saints, though, which started this whole thing with me. IT'S NOT A PARTY ISSUE. It's an income class issue.

Comment

The rich from one party are asking for the rules to be changed in a way that would harm them individually while helping those less fortunate, and the rich from the other party are trying to change the rules in ways that will further enrich them at the expense of those less fortunate.

Comment

The rich from one party are asking for the rules to be changed in a way that would harm them individually while helping those less fortunate, and the rich from the other party are trying to change the rules in ways that will further enrich them at the expense of those less fortunate.
                    And the rules still haven't changed, and the rich still take advantage of the current rules in place.

Comment

Ok, to use obvious people, if Gates and Buffett were to really show they are behind changing taxes, they wouldn't write off a single thing or take advantage of a single loophole. Not one. But they do, because it's smart business to use all the advantages they have. Is it fair? Nope. Is it right? Debatable. Is it legal? Right now, yes.

Comment

The central points here should not be ignored but were. What Small Joe Business Owner does is not the underlying issue.

Brent stop saying, "everyone takes advantage" when the point is one party is trying to reduce those advantages while the other is trying to expand them. Address that please in a straightforward manner.

Comment

Ok, to use obvious people, if Gates and Buffett were to really show they are behind changing taxes, they wouldn't write off a single thing or take advantage of a single loophole. Not one. But they do, because it's smart business to use all the advantages they have. Is it fair? Nope. Is it right? Debatable. Is it legal? Right now, yes.
                          I'll take on that point.

There are two good reasons why they don't. 1. Because one person doesn't move the needle. I take it that there's something you believe in super strongly (not sure what it is). But for that one thing...my question to you is...why don't you go stand on 94 at noon to protest it? What are you telling me its not that important? The point is...one person does not move the needle against Trump's 1Trillion deficit.

2. The way they can get policy to change as celebrities is to say...I'll pay more taxes if everyone in my class does. If they believe in having the rich (including themselves) pay higher taxes...how dumb would it be to just pay higher taxes all by yourself. Gates is ready and willing but he and his fellow counterparts are playing the only game that matter to them - have all really rich people pay and actually have an impact.

Not one or the other - both points are valid.
                          Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                            The central points here should not be ignored but were. What Small Joe Business Owner does is not the underlying issue.

Brent stop saying, "everyone takes advantage" when the point is one party is trying to reduce those advantages while the other is trying to expand them. Address that please in a straightforward manner.
                            The latter party is trying (cough cough) but are foiled by lobbies, special interests, people funding them. They are two-faced. The sad, sad, situation of the Rs is that they tell you that they are screwing the people, and the people take it. They just frame it in a way that make their followers believe it's for the greater good. The Ds want to change a few things, but don't be fooled: the rich will still keep their money. AGAIN, the rich win. AGAIN, that's my only issue that made this thing blow up. Scoobs only blamed Rs. He's only partially correct. Had he blamed rich? I'm on board.

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                              I'll take on that point.

There are two good reasons why they don't. 1. Because one person doesn't move the needle. I take it that there's something you believe in super strongly (not sure what it is). But for that one thing...my question to you is...why don't you go stand on 94 at noon to protest it? What are you telling me its not that important? The point is...one person does not move the needle against Trump's 1Trillion deficit.

2. The way they can get policy to change as celebrities is to say...I'll pay more taxes if everyone in my class does. If they believe in having the rich (including themselves) pay higher taxes...how dumb would it be to just pay higher taxes all by yourself. Gates is ready and willing but he and his fellow counterparts are playing the only game that matter to them - have all really rich people pay and actually have an impact.

Not one or the other - both points are valid.
                              Now we are getting to see each other's point of view. And many rich folk (doesn't matter what party) don't wanna to do that. So, here we are.

And what good would it for a single lower-middle class blue collar worker to protest (to use your paying by all point)? I'd be considered a nutcase, (to lighten the situation, it's probably true ).

Comment

The Ds want to change a few things, but don't be fooled: the rich will still keep their money. AGAIN, the rich win. AGAIN, that's my only issue that made this thing blow up.
                                This whole point comes down to the above incorrect statement. Motley Fool, a banker investment analyst (not political rag), chose 6 states that 'tax the daylights out of the rich'. But with your analysis, they must be somewhat politically balanced or something. Nope. They're 6 of the most democratic states there are:

CA
                                NJ
                                NY
                                OR
                                VT
                                MN

Your point is refuted and it could be refuted another dozen times with the facts.

https://www.fool.com/taxes/2018/08/1...-the-rich.aspx

Now we are getting to see each other's point of view. And many rich folk (doesn't matter what party) don't wanna to do that. So, here we are.

And what good would it for a single lower-middle class blue collar worker to protest (to use your paying by all point)? I'd be considered a nutcase, (to lighten the situation, it's probably true ).
                                Your moving the goal posts. You were making claims just about Gates and Buffet, etc. and why they specifically don't just pay higher taxes on their own. I sincerely answered that question...and now your using it for a completely different point.

Edit: I'm really not trying to be a jerk, I just don't see your logic at all.
                                Last edited by 5mn_Major; 10-15-2018, 02:36 AM.
                                Go Gophers!

Comment

Working...
                                X