This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.41: We Need More Tax Cuts to pay for the Tax Cut

I am actually surprised MN isn't higher. CA is king, which we all know.

And I am not moving the goalposts. We just have different points of view. I appreciate the fact we are talking and trying to find common ground. The alt-right and anti-fa have seem to have lost that.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/don...mpression=true

Such a Trumpian headline...
      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
        JF C. Ugh.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          AGAIN, the rich win. AGAIN, that's my only issue that made this thing blow up. Scoobs only blamed Rs. He's only partially correct. Had he blamed rich? I'm on board.
          BOTH SIDES RICH people don't enact law and policy - Congress does. And rich D's in DC want to increase taxation of the 1% while the R's keep trying to reduce it. Again you're ignoring the facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
            BOTH SIDES RICH people don't enact law and policy - Congress does. And rich D's in DC want to increase taxation of the 1% while the R's keep trying to reduce it. Again you're ignoring the facts.
            So make it happen. The R's haven't always been in complete control. And you're foolish if you don't think outside interests influence policy. You really are. This is no conspiracy theory, heck the Koch brothers have been (rightfully) targets for years for influencing decisions. It happens on the D side, too. Anyone who believes otherwise is ignorant and/or blind.

Comment

If you really want to break it down to R and D, which is erroneous. The Rs are unabashedly proud of their middle finger to America. The Ds refuse to acknowledge that their leaders also contribute to this tax issue.

Comment

So make it happen. The R's haven't always been in complete control. And you're foolish if you don't think outside interests influence policy. You really are. This is no conspiracy theory, heck the Koch brothers have been (rightfully) targets for years for influencing decisions. It happens on the D side, too. Anyone who believes otherwise is ignorant and/or blind.
                And while the Ds haven't made HUGE changes when in power, they have made changes in the right direction. You seem to be ignoring what has actually happened. Sure I'd rather see more, but I'll take a small step forward over a huge leap back any day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  So make it happen. The R's haven't always been in complete control.
                  They typically do but the Rs always reverse course. Again facts you're ignoring.

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                    That should be the GOP motto

Comment

If you really want to break it down to R and D, which is erroneous. The Rs are unabashedly proud of their middle finger to America. The Ds refuse to acknowledge that their leaders also contribute to this tax issue.
                      Obama raised taxes on the rich. W cut them. Trump cut them. Tim Pawlenty cut them. Dayton raised them. The heist from middle America started with Reagan. It's been Republican policy since then. You fail to acknowledge any of that. And your big policy answer to all of it is the rich should just write a check if they want to pay more. People have written checks. Many have. The policy hasn't changed because of it and a few people writing checks are not going to pay the bills.

But, you go ahead and blame both parties equally if it makes you happy. You have a good political career ahead of you. All you need now is an Ayn Rand poster and you're set. Paul Ryan can hook you up.
                      Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 10-15-2018, 07:51 AM.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                        And while the Ds haven't made HUGE changes when in power, they have made changes in the right direction. You seem to be ignoring what has actually happened. Sure I'd rather see more, but I'll take a small step forward over a huge leap back any day.
                        What you fail to realize is that Dems the last two times they've taken power have had recessions to fix. You don't fix recessions by raising taxes.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                          What you fail to realize is that Dems the last two times they've taken power have had recessions to fix. You don't fix recessions by raising taxes.
                          Scooby makes an extremely important point here.

Actually there are probably half a dozen important points here.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                            1. I did say that. And they could. Pretty sure someone like Gates or Buffett have some pull.
                            And that's a horseshiat talking point primarily used by right wing nut jobs like flaggy and Russian troll bots.

Maybe you should rethink your position if that's the company you're keeping.

Comment

Working...
                            X