This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.41: We Need More Tax Cuts to pay for the Tax Cut

And to think, you wanted this person as President. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRBMutIXVPI

Lock her up.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
      Yay. We won. Pop the cork on the champagne.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

At dinner the other night my dad and I got into an argument about these stupid tariffs. He thinks they are great (he thinks it is the one good thing Trump has done) because trade is uneven and everyone takes advantage of us and [insert Faux News Claim here]. I said that is BS because all it does is destroy business. He said he knows but in the end it will work itself out. I countered with the story of my friend who could lose his business over this, and how American Businesses hate it. He counters again saying this will even things out and it will make things better. I say Trump campaigned on the idea that Americans would be better off, how are they better off if they dont have jobs and have to pay through the roof for products. He kinda shrugs and doesnt know.

I am no economic genius (gfs parents are!) but if you just have a cursory knowledge of how the economy works you can see why this is just stupid. Problem is, the average American doesnt know anything about the economy. They know what few figures the news tells them (Dow Jones, Unemployment...etc) but that is it.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          At dinner the other night my dad and I got into an argument about these stupid tariffs. He thinks they are great (he thinks it is the one good thing Trump has done) because trade is uneven and everyone takes advantage of us and [insert Faux News Claim here]. I said that is BS because all it does is destroy business. He said he knows but in the end it will work itself out. I countered with the story of my friend who could lose his business over this, and how American Businesses hate it. He counters again saying this will even things out and it will make things better. I say Trump campaigned on the idea that Americans would be better off, how are they better off if they dont have jobs and have to pay through the roof for products. He kinda shrugs and doesnt know.

I am no economic genius (gfs parents are!) but if you just have a cursory knowledge of how the economy works you can see why this is just stupid. Problem is, the average American doesnt know anything about the economy. They know what few figures the news tells them (Dow Jones, Unemployment...etc) but that is it.
          Your dad wouldn't by chance be in the age range of his 60's-70's would he?
          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Just as with any war, people have no idea just how tariffs are terrible on so many levels. And the sum of all that damage is incalculable.
            Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              More broadly speaking (i.e. not just tariffs) the economy hasn't been all that great for 30+ years for the majority of working class people. Productivity increases haven't matched non-existent wage increases, economic mobility is non-existent in this country, poverty has increased, economic inequality has increased, stock buybacks are at an all time high (though they certainly existed well before Trump) and I'm not even sure the majority of democrats would do anything meaningful about it given the opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                Your dad wouldn't by chance be in the age range of his 60's-70's would he?
                71 year old aging Hippie who watches too much Faux now. Sad really...
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Huh, employees feel that they're not getting any of the benefits from Trump's tax cuts and the continued upswing in the economy...

“Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

NRA deep in the red for 2nd straight year

Doesn't include their Rubles collected from Proper 2nd Amendment Americans. Probably why they hired Ollie, who's an expert on money laundering.
                    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Thoughts and prayers...…………….
                      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                        NRA deep in the red for 2nd straight year

Doesn't include their Rubles collected from Proper 2nd Amendment Americans. Probably why they hired Ollie, who's an expert on money laundering.
                        Sounds like they've spent themselves into a hole.

And if some people really have cut up their cards, that's just going to make the remaining membership even more extreme.

Comment

How about this to save a few bucks on the wall? https://www.sheriffswall.org/

Comment

*snicker* You really think a donation to the National Sheriffs' Association is going to help cut the price tag of the border wall?

They're looking for $100k in donations. The border wall is a minimum of $18B. This is the equivalent of taking one penny from the "take a penny" jar to help pay for a Cadillac Escalade.
                            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Why do we need to save any money? Mexico's paying for it, I was told.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                                Huh, employees feel that they're not getting any of the benefits from Trump's tax cuts and the continued upswing in the economy...
                                It's going to take a drastic change to the system to fix that. Even without the tax cuts that was going to have to happen. I'd argue the tax cuts made it worse and I bet I'd be right. But, stupid people can't be stopped from being stupid. How Fox News and everyone of it's viewers can believe in that trickle down Ayn Rand crap is beyond me.
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X