• Re: POTUS 45.41: We Need More Tax Cuts to pay for the Tax Cut

Originally posted by aparch View Post
    Plessy v. Ferguson, 1896
    Adler v. Board of Education, 1952
    Bowers v. Hardwick, 1986
    Pace v. Alabamam, 1883
    Wolf v. Colorado, 1949
    Dred Scott v. Sandford, 1857

Nope, never has the Supreme Court ruled with in favor of racism, intolerence, or bias where it was overruled with follow up Supreme Court decisions or Constitutional Ammendments.
    Same could be said about income taxes. If a generation chooses a Constitutional amendment, that's their prerogative. Hence why there were considerations about marriage about a decade ago.

Comment

Time for the swamp to be drained. https://www.infowars.com/watch-live-...-mccabe-texts/

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        Whether or not they had to decide, might as well stick it in the Constitution to ensure there are no questions. You could justify, however, that Dred Scott's case did determine that.
        ??? Dred Scott affirmed that whites *did* have the right to own slaves - a right that was later rescinded not by the courts, but by the executive, legislative, and (yes,joe) the states. So it doesn't qualify as a situation where the court affirmed a right and then later the court reversed itself.
        If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
          I'm not sure there's been another situation in our history where a large population wanted a right abolished and also had the power and opportunity to make it happen.

In most cases, once a right is established, opposition to it is marginalized relatively quickly. That's not the case here.
          I'll just have to agree to disagree with you on this. I think both currently, and in the past, there have been plenty of examples where a large segment of the population wanted a right abolished.

But I guess my thinking with the Court is I just don't see them doing it, no matter who gets appointed. The Court has had numerous chances to overrule Roe and has simply declined to take that step. It's been a conservative court for almost all of Roe's existence. I just don't think five people want to be the ones to say that they're taking that right away.
          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
            I'll just have to agree to disagree with you on this. I think both currently, and in the past, there have been plenty of examples where a large segment of the population wanted a right abolished.

But I guess my thinking with the Court is I just don't see them doing it, no matter who gets appointed. The Court has had numerous chances to overrule Roe and has simply declined to take that step. It's been a conservative court for almost all of Roe's existence. I just don't think five people want to be the ones to say that they're taking that right away.
            conservatives have never been so uniformly anti-choice. Trump even campaigned on the idea of appointing justices to the SC that would either reverse the Roe v Wade decision or severely weaken it. This used to be a small faction of the GOP. Now wanting to overrule Roe is the overwhelming view of the Republican party.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
              conservatives have never been so uniformly anti-choice. Trump even campaigned on the idea of appointing justices to the SC that would either reverse the Roe v Wade decision or severely weaken it. This used to be a small faction of the GOP. Now wanting to overrule Roe is the overwhelming view of the Republican party.
              Obviously polls are just polls, but I don't think you're correct in this opinion.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/fir...w-high-n893806
              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

So apparently this is an accurate description of the Presidents d*ck:

“Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

And Mario Kart is now ruined
                  "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                    Obviously polls are just polls, but I don't think you're correct in this opinion.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/fir...w-high-n893806
                    around 24% of Americans identify as Republican
                    23% of Americans think Roe v Wade should be reversed.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                      So apparently this is an accurate description of the Presidents d*ck:

what?

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                        what?
                        Per Stormy Daniel's new book.
                        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Wish I had bought stock in that brain bleach company.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            Wish I had bought stock in that brain bleach company.
                            Just wait til he starts tweeting that his is bigger than Obama’s. He’s gotta be fuming after stormy says his was smaller than average

Comment

The man knows nothing about economics and trade.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...=.ffebc960918f

At the White House, Trump wrongly said that “China is now paying us billions of dollars in tariffs” and he celebrated the Treasury Department collecting “tremendous amounts of money, which is great for our country.”

In fact, tariffs are taxes that are paid by Americans who import goods from abroad.

And you can be certain his advisors have told him this little fact hundreds and hundreds of times. Still, he persists.
                              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Wheeeeeeeeeeeee

“BREAKING: China has imposed new tariffs on $60 billion of US goods in response to the latest round of tariffs imposed by President Trump.”

Comment

Working...
                                X