X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: POTUS 45.41: We Need More Tax Cuts to pay for the Tax Cut

Originally posted by burd View Post
    Is it safe to say that, in terms of policy (and not gender/age), if the Democratic Party doesn't become more like Bernie and less like Hillary they will not win anyway?

Divided vote discussion aside.
    I would say no, because on policy there wasn't too much actual daylight between Bernie and Hillary. Beyond that in the near term the overriding theme of 2020 is that we're fighting Nazis, not each other.

Think of 2020 in a historical context. Upon running for re-election in 1936, FDR was facing pressure from the left for not being liberal enough. I've seen it written that Huey Long for example was going to challenge him as an independent, cost him the election and then run on a more left wing platform as a Dem in 1940. Now putting aside Long's probable overestimation of his ability to pull that off had he lived, the point is there was agitation even back then. However, by 1944 (and even 1940) I don't believe anybody was trying to take FDR out for not being liberal enough. Why? Because there was a much, much bigger problem to deal with.

Same thing is happening here. Whether or not the top tax rate should be 90% or 45% is sorta irrelevant compared to getting Chump and the treasonous money laundering cult that we call "Republicans" kicked the fuk out of office.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
      I would say no, because on policy there wasn't too much actual daylight between Bernie and Hillary. Beyond that in the near term the overriding theme of 2020 is that we're fighting Nazis, not each other.

Think of 2020 in a historical context. Upon running for re-election in 1936, FDR was facing pressure from the left for not being liberal enough. I've seen it written that Huey Long for example was going to challenge him as an independent, cost him the election and then run on a more left wing platform as a Dem in 1940. Now putting aside Long's probable overestimation of his ability to pull that off had he lived, the point is there was agitation even back then. However, by 1944 (and even 1940) I don't believe anybody was trying to take FDR out for not being liberal enough. Why? Because there was a much, much bigger problem to deal with.

Same thing is happening here. Whether or not the top tax rate should be 90% or 45% is sorta irrelevant compared to getting Chump and the treasonous money laundering cult that we call "Republicans" kicked the fuk out of office.
      Gee. I thought the ***** who should be locked up was a Republican? In fact I heard they're all the same probably a million times.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
        oh *****

Comment

Originally posted by rover View Post
          i would say no, because on policy there wasn't too much actual daylight between bernie and hillary.
          lmfao

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
            lmfao
            I can only go by Bernie's own words at his convention speech as a guide...
            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

lmfao
              Exactly. Hillary wasn't going to do anything. Just another Republican. And the investigations that would've happened. My God, it would have been anarchy.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Uh what?
                Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                Exactly. Hillary wasn't going to do anything. Just another Republican.
                There were plenty of legit reasons to not be inspired by her. Which isn't the same thing as saying people shouldn't have voted for her over Trump (obviously they should've).

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  Do I dare ask where one applies such creams?
                  The same place his head is located.
                  What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Uh what?
                    There were plenty of legit reasons to not be inspired by her. Which isn't the same thing as saying people shouldn't have voted for her over Trump (obviously they should've).
                    I'm super pumped about the Senator from Vermont who's accomplished nearly nothing in the Senate. He gets my juices going.

Comment

Boom.
                      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post

Boom.
                        So all those nice things Trump said were a lie? Isn't this rolling over for the bigger fish? Has Trump made that illegal yet?

Comment

I'm super pumped about the Senator from Vermont who's accomplished nearly nothing in the Senate. He gets my juices going.
                          Yeah because worker protection, helping people get healthcare, securing heat for low income families, none of that matters. Dude you don't like him I get it but stop being an idiot. Of course he's gonna run, he's probably the best shot the democrats have as he doesn't have the scandals or corporate ties that the other younger mainstream likely candidates do.

Comment

Yeah because worker protection, helping people get healthcare, securing heat for low income families, none of that matters. Dude you don't like him I get it but stop being an idiot.
                            Name one accomplishment? Any of that ever happened? No. Lots of people talk the talk.

Comment

Name one accomplishment? Any of that ever happened? No. Lots of people talk the talk.
                              I just did lol.

Comment

Do you get a thrill going up your leg?
                                The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Working...
                                X