• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    LOL.

No.
    Kasich I’m sure. He’s guaranteed to remove women’s rights

Comment

• Re: POTUS 45.41: We Need More Tax Cuts to pay for the Tax Cut

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
      Kasich I’m sure. He’s guaranteed to remove women’s rights
      Sure. He's a Democrat. Just like McCain.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
        Agree.
        Al Gore
        John Kerry
        Mike Dukakis
        Walter Mondale
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
          Hickenlooper?
          Not bad. He'd need some "box checking" coastie running mate.
          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
            If the answer is Avenetti the D's should just fold up their tent and go home.

I think it depends largely on the political climate in two years, but it seems like D's are likely to run into a problem that R's have had for some time, which is that the far wing of the party is so active in the primaries, a candidate with the potential for broad national appeal gets pushed aside. Or at least has to run to the fringes so far to get through it creates difficulties in defending their stances to the national audience. i.e. that selfie kneeling at Lenin's tomb can turn from awesome to problematic later on in the gen election.

Also, I lived in Newburyport briefly several years ago. Nice town.
            Let's play this in reverse...

If the answer is Trump the R's should just fold up their tent and go home.

...it seems like R's are likely to run into a problem...which is that the far wing of the party is so active in the primaries, a candidate with the potential for broad national appeal gets pushed aside. Or at least has to run to the fringes so far to get through it creates difficulties in defending their stances to the national audience. i.e. that tape talking about how you sexually assault people can turn from awesome to problematic later on in the gen election.
            So, remind me again how poorly that all went for the R's?

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              Al Gore
              John Kerry
              Mike Dukakis
              Walter Mondale
              Any of those v. The Donald? Yes.
              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Is there a D governor out there with any 2020 gusto? I've said before I prefer former governors; I'd like someone with prior "top executive of the executive branch" experience to see how they'll handle the "buck stops here" pressure situations.
                Not until 2024. They're looking at picking up between 5-8 Governor Houses in 2018. They need to keep rebuilding at the state level after being down to 16 currently
                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  Thank you!!! I've been pushing for that for a few years. The Midwest is preferred.
                  Bless your heart.

Comment

Any of those v. The Donald? Yes.
                    You'll never get me to believe that. I saw what happened with Comey and with the Billy Bush video. I also have seen what happened with Kavanaugh.

Comment

Well, then it shouldn't have been a lock.
                      Some people fail to listen
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Not sure why being a Midwestern governor matters? So...Mark Dayton for prez?

Regarding Gov's who's states have been doing well (and excluding Jerry Brown who's older than Bernie Sanders I believe) you've got both Inslee and Hickenlooper sniffing around. Cuomo I suppose although he declared he's not running. Ex-govs would be Deval Patrick (no thanks) and The Macker (MacAuliff - really really no thanks).

But, after the Obama and Chump presidencies we should lay waste to pre-disqualifying people based on race, heritage, gender, past indiscretions or basic sanity. The electorate seems pretty fluid right now.
                        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                          Not sure why being a Midwestern governor matters?
                          Midwestern isn't in my criteria; just governor experience is.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                            Not until 2024. They're looking at picking up between 5-8 Governor Houses in 2018. They need to keep rebuilding at the state level after being down to 16 currently
                            That's a realistic take. The Ds need to rebuild the bench.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

You'll never get me to believe that. I saw what happened with Comey and with the Billy Bush video. I also have seen what happened with Kavanaugh.
                              Yeah you saw what exactly? You act like he won some massive victory and his numbers are through the roof. He didn't and they aren't.

But sure you are right no Dem can win...
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Is there a D governor out there with any 2020 gusto? I've said before I prefer former governors; I'd like someone with prior "top executive of the executive branch" experience to see how they'll handle the "buck stops here" pressure situations.
                                Jerry Brown will be free then.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Working...
                                X