Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: POTUS 45.41: We Need More Tax Cuts to pay for the Tax Cut

Re: POTUS 45.41: We Need More Tax Cuts to pay for the Tax Cut

Listening to the total decompensation of the Cheetos in Chief about Puerto Rico. Past the fact he is a feckin' idiot on general principles, it is really scary to think about the current hurricane coming. We need someone who is good under pressure and can problem solve. Not good to have someone in charge who will freak out, say there is no problem rather than problem solve and disrupt any attempts to work things out because he will be saying there ins't a problem. If I didn't have compassion for people there I would be getting out the popcorn. This is going to get ugly quick.

rock and roller
    no man's land, between wildcat and black bear territory

Quote Originally Posted by 5mn_Major View Post
    Could be big. We were told that he would not flip.

Paul Manafort and special counsel close to deal for guilty plea

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/13/polit...lea/index.html
    Yeah. Guilty but not cooperating. At least for now.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Quote Originally Posted by 5mn_Major View Post
    Could be big. We were told that he would not flip.

Paul Manafort and special counsel close to deal for guilty plea

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/13/polit...lea/index.html
    Be prepared for more frantic Twitter tantrums from Red Don this weekend, when he should be focused on the Hurricane Flo recovery efforts.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Made in the USA

While you were distracted with hurricanes, the invasion has begun. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ESuy3snZes
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

"Better to be infamous than never famous at all." -Roger Stone

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    While you were distracted with hurricanes, the invasion has begun. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ESuy3snZes
    flaggy doesn't need a storm warning--he's huddled in his basement in fear already.

The good thing is he can live for months on his stockpile of brain growth elixirs and anti-globalist creams.

RIP Liberalism 6/27/2018 ScoobyDoo's Avatar

Apparently John Kerry belongs in the cell next to the *****.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

Yep, still here

"I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Quote Originally Posted by bronconick View Post
    I have to agree.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    I have to agree.
    Ditto.

The Dark One
    killin your brain like a poisonous mushroom

I'm not as worried about that. If these primaries have taught us anything, its that progressives are leaning towards young or female or non-white or some combination of the three. Bernie is 1) old, 2) male and 3) white as a ghost. If you're affiliated in any way with Kamala Harris you're probably feeling pretty good right now. Not only will you crush it in terms of delegates as the only candidate from California, you'll probably also clean up down South as the only viable non-white candidate. Bernie had his time, and now his time is over. Better off handing the mantle over to someone with the same view but half his age and a more direct connection to the base.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

I'm not as worried about that. If these primaries have taught us anything, its that progressives are leaning towards young or female or non-white or some combination of the three. Bernie is 1) old, 2) male and 3) white as a ghost. If you're affiliated in any way with Kamala Harris you're probably feeling pretty good right now. Not only will you crush it in terms of delegates as the only candidate from California, you'll probably also clean up down South as the only viable non-white candidate. Bernie had his time, and now his time is over. Better off handing the mantle over to someone with the same view but half his age and a more direct connection to the base.
    No. He needs to destroy the party he was never part of first. Then he'll leave.

The Dark One

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    No. He needs to destroy the party he was never part of first. Then he'll leave.
    She's going to walk away with 90% of his supporters.

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

anti-globalist creams.
    Do I dare ask where one applies such creams?
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Moscow's calling...

Is it safe to say that, in terms of policy (and not gender/age), if the Democratic Party doesn't become more like Bernie and less like Hillary they will not win anyway?

Divided vote discussion aside.

The Dark One

Is it safe to say that, in terms of policy (and not gender/age), if the Democratic Party doesn't become more like Bernie and less like Hillary they will not win anyway?

Divided vote discussion aside.
    I would say no, because on policy there wasn't too much actual daylight between Bernie and Hillary. Beyond that in the near term the overriding theme of 2020 is that we're fighting Nazis, not each other.

Think of 2020 in a historical context. Upon running for re-election in 1936, FDR was facing pressure from the left for not being liberal enough. I've seen it written that Huey Long for example was going to challenge him as an independent, cost him the election and then run on a more left wing platform as a Dem in 1940. Now putting aside Long's probable overestimation of his ability to pull that off had he lived, the point is there was agitation even back then. However, by 1944 (and even 1940) I don't believe anybody was trying to take FDR out for not being liberal enough. Why? Because there was a much, much bigger problem to deal with.

Same thing is happening here. Whether or not the top tax rate should be 90% or 45% is sorta irrelevant compared to getting Chump and the treasonous money laundering cult that we call "Republicans" kicked the fuk out of office.

I would say no, because on policy there wasn't too much actual daylight between Bernie and Hillary. Beyond that in the near term the overriding theme of 2020 is that we're fighting Nazis, not each other.

Think of 2020 in a historical context. Upon running for re-election in 1936, FDR was facing pressure from the left for not being liberal enough. I've seen it written that Huey Long for example was going to challenge him as an independent, cost him the election and then run on a more left wing platform as a Dem in 1940. Now putting aside Long's probable overestimation of his ability to pull that off had he lived, the point is there was agitation even back then. However, by 1944 (and even 1940) I don't believe anybody was trying to take FDR out for not being liberal enough. Why? Because there was a much, much bigger problem to deal with.

Same thing is happening here. Whether or not the top tax rate should be 90% or 45% is sorta irrelevant compared to getting Chump and the treasonous money laundering cult that we call "Republicans" kicked the fuk out of office.
    Gee. I thought the ***** who should be locked up was a Republican? In fact I heard they're all the same probably a million times.

Internet Nutcase

oh *****

Quote Originally Posted by rover View Post
    i would say no, because on policy there wasn't too much actual daylight between bernie and hillary.
    lmfao

The Dark One

Quote Originally Posted by trixR4kids View Post
    lmfao
    I can only go by Bernie's own words at his convention speech as a guide...

Thread Information