This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by burd View Post
    Avenatti v. Trump in '20. Now there's a contest that would make you want to retire early to Equador.

But as (fill in the adverb) entertaining as two rabbit-hole candidates would be, and as sure as I am that Republicans would once again choose Trump as their best foot forward, I don't see Dems going that low.

Even if they got the Russians behind them to seal the deal. Not worth it.
    Somebody like Avenatti might be the only person who can beat him.

Comment

• Re: POTUS 45.41: We Need More Tax Cuts to pay for the Tax Cut

Then the game is already lost. That guy is no more fit to be President than Trump is. You dont combat their insanity with insanity of your own. This is actually worse than the idea of Oprah running.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        Then the game is already lost. That guy is no more fit to be President than Trump is. You dont combat their insanity with insanity of your own. This is actually worse than the idea of Oprah running.
        As much as i hate it, I just don’t see an Elizabeth Warren or Cory Booker beating him.
        Last edited by ericredaxe; 10-11-2018, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
          As much as i hate it, I just don’t see an Elizabeth Warren or Cory Booker beating him.
          I don't see Warren beating him. I love her in her financials/views, but that's about it.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Somebody like Avenatti might be the only person who can beat him.
            Well, we know they're both good at pumping up their own ego with childish boasts and that bankruptcy is an important tool for both. What more could you ask for in a President?

Comment

And I dont see either of them even getting serious consideration. And I see plenty of people who could beat him if they play the game right.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

....the ugly girl you hang out with to feel better about yourself.
                Why do you hate women??
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Well, we know they're both good at pumping up their own ego with childish boasts and that bankruptcy is an important tool for both. What more could you ask for in a President?
                  Zaphod Beeblebrox FTW.
                  If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

He’s not qualified, but he’s certainly more intelligent and would be a huge improvement over the orange **** stain.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                      He’s not qualified, but he’s certainly more intelligent and would be a huge improvement over the orange **** stain.
                      Half of the seventh grade class in the middle school down the street would be more intelligent and a huge improvement.

No way the Dems would pull a GOP and nominate a carnival side show.

Comment

And I dont see either of them even getting serious consideration. And I see plenty of people who could beat him if they play the game right.
                        Maybe this should move to the thread on 2020 contenders... but what / who would be the best choices that could both win the democratic primary and also take on trump in the general?

Comment

This is disgusting.
                          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Half of the seventh grade class in the middle school down the street would be more intelligent and a huge improvement.

No way the Dems would pull a GOP and nominate a carnival side show.
                            I hope not. This is what super delegates are for.

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                              I hope not. This is what super delegates are for.
                              were

I believe the DNC limited or got rid of them.
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Maybe this should move to the thread on 2020 contenders... but what / who would be the best choices that could both win the democratic primary and also take on trump in the general?
                                If the answer is Avenetti the D's should just fold up their tent and go home.

I think it depends largely on the political climate in two years, but it seems like D's are likely to run into a problem that R's have had for some time, which is that the far wing of the party is so active in the primaries, a candidate with the potential for broad national appeal gets pushed aside. Or at least has to run to the fringes so far to get through it creates difficulties in defending their stances to the national audience. i.e. that selfie kneeling at Lenin's tomb can turn from awesome to problematic later on in the gen election.

Also, I lived in Newburyport briefly several years ago. Nice town.
                                Originally posted by WiscTJK
                                I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                                Originally posted by Timothy A
                                Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Working...
                                X