X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.41: We Need More Tax Cuts to pay for the Tax Cut

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

IF? IF? Ask our pork and soy producers whether or not they've already been targeted by retaliatory tariffs in this asinine trade war.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

The President promised his supporters mush room in the country once he got rid of the illegals, but he has still yeti to build the wall.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
        Is there a come over involved?
        I hope that is a typo and not a Freudian slip. Either way, barf.
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

I wonder if Fox News will keep the dick insult out of the broadcast to its boss' feelings. Imagine the war he would have to start to compensate.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
            I hope that is a typo and not a Freudian slip. Either way, barf.
            Yeah it was a typo. Haha. Didn't see it before.
            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
              Even more.

Everything. Everything we import from China will be subject to tariffs.
              Even Republican businesses are telling him this is stupid. I know he likes to pretend he is rich but ****ing off the donor base is not the way to help you or your party.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                IF? IF? Ask our pork and soy producers whether or not they've already been targeted by retaliatory tariffs in this asinine trade war.
                My buddy owns a shipping company that deals entirely in stuff like that shipped to China. They were practically shut down. If Vietnam hadnt changed their standards on a few items they might have gone out of business.

BTW they are tried and true, full on, never waver Republicans...until now from what I can tell.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Toad advisor Peter Navarro was on NPR this morning to explain that the tariffs on Chinese goods won't hurt consumers, because places like Vietnam and South Korea can simply up their production to make up for the lost goods from China. What a plan, hurt our ability to export while just switching which countries we import from.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                    Hold me back! Hold me back!
                    Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                      Toad advisor Peter Navarro was on NPR this morning to explain that the tariffs on Chinese goods won't hurt consumers, because places like Vietnam and South Korea can simply up their production to make up for the lost goods from China. What a plan, hurt our ability to export while just switching which countries we import from.
                      Not to mention, goods are sourced from China for a reason, mainly, that they are cheap. I don't know production from Vietnam or Malaysia, but the chances are that they could cost more to produce in those countries. The one area I know about in regards to this are bicycle frames. Used to be, the best frames from the far East were built in japan. Then, those became to expensive for American companies, so they moved over to Taiwan. Once Taiwan became too costly for the American companies, cause, you know, the bottom line is all that matters, they moved to China.

Taiwan manufacturing is far better, but it costs more, and some companies still have their frames made there, usually their most expensive ones. All the really cheap ones come from China. Nobody gets frames from Japan anymore. Any bike still made here in the US is usually a small, boutique brand, usually just one guy making truly hand crafted works of art, and extremely expensive. I know Trek still makes some bikes in the US, but again, very expensive.
                      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

-aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Not to mention, goods are sourced from China for a reason, mainly, that they are cheap. I don't know production from Vietnam or Malaysia, but the chances are that they could cost more to produce in those countries. The one area I know about in regards to this are bicycle frames. Used to be, the best frames from the far East were built in japan. Then, those became to expensive for American companies, so they moved over to Taiwan. Once Taiwan became too costly for the American companies, cause, you know, the bottom line is all that matters, they moved to China.

Taiwan manufacturing is far better, but it costs more, and some companies still have their frames made there, usually their most expensive ones. All the really cheap ones come from China. Nobody gets frames from Japan anymore. Any bike still made here in the US is usually a small, boutique brand, usually just one guy making truly hand crafted works of art, and extremely expensive. I know Trek still makes some bikes in the US, but again, very expensive.
                          Vietnam and Malaysia are cheap, they're just not as accessible as China. They don't have the same access to resources, and they lack the land. China is huge, and it's a lot of land. Vietnam is long and narrow, and full of jungles. Malaysia is all islands, complicates things.
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

Cheap, sure. But as cheap as China?
                            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Cheap, sure. But as cheap as China?
                              I don't know, likely depends upon what you're making. Vietnam had a slow entrance into manufacturing market - their government held them back for a while, limiting how much exposure they could have.

Comment

Is it subject to tariff???

@nationalpost: Huge marijuana bundles are washing up on Florida beaches after hurricane Florence, and swimmers are fighting over them https://nationalpost.com/news/world/...box=1537276797 https://twitter.com/nationalpost/sta...881734/photo/1
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X