This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
    Sadly it seems like after one honeymoon year with free HD streams via Sportszone, that has been killed in favor of paying for AHCs inferior product.
    Ed said on page one that sportzone has this year's coverage minus tonight's exhibition
    RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2018/2019 - Time For The Tigers to Roar <<<

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
      Ed said on page one that sportzone has this year's coverage minus tonight's exhibition
      RIT SportsZone produces the video broadcasts, yes. The question is how to access the broadcasts: over-the-air TV? Cable? Free streaming? Paid streaming? There's no information about that on the SportsZone web site, and their Facebook page has been quiet about it as well.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Well Drackett was the first goalie to play in the exhibition which is usually an indicator of the presumptive starter once the games start to matter next week. On media day coach said he wanted to get away from the goalie carousel and stick to his guy for longer this year...so I would guess that means Drackett gets himself, hm....3 more guaranteed starts?
        RIT

Comment

Well Drackett was the first goalie to play in the exhibition which is usually an indicator of the presumptive starter once the games start to matter next week. On media day coach said he wanted to get away from the goalie carousel and stick to his guy for longer this year...so I would guess that means Drackett gets himself, hm....3 more guaranteed starts?
          With all the goalies being inconsistent last couple years, it's been rough. I do think that Drackett and Short both see action next week in the non-conference games and then Drackett at BCA. Unless, of course, Drackett gets a strong win.
          2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
          2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
          2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
          2010 Frozen Four participant
          2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
            RIT SportsZone produces the video broadcasts, yes. The question is how to access the broadcasts: over-the-air TV? Cable? Free streaming? Paid streaming? There's no information about that on the SportsZone web site, and their Facebook page has been quiet

Powers &8^]
            Last year watched on my smart TV or phone from their web site. It was free. Don't know about this year.
            RIT Tigers

Comment

Very happy with what I saw Saturday night. There was a lot of talk about the extra time the coaches now have with the players which I think did show. What I was most happy about was the gap control. Been awhile since I remember seeing a game where RIT defensemen made mostly good decisions on pinching and the forwards did a great job of getting back when they did. I noticed a lot of good communication which allowed them to work as one unit. If decision making stays in that range I think this team will be just fine.

Was nice to see Drackett make a big save early off a defensive miscue. That was one of the issues last two years, come out play well and first mistake would end up in the back of the net. I think this team may end up living on dying off him. What concerns me is that I see the same approach in goal as last season, which never made sense to me. However, guys are a year more mature (in theory) so I think it has more of a chance to succeed.

What I really loved was seeing a guy like Petrucci, this guys comes in off being the OJHL MVP and leading the league in Goals. I noticed him getting physical multiple times. Lot of the freshman showed that grit, if they keep that work level with the talent this team have they will make it back to Blue... errr... HarborCenter and have a good chance to win and go to the NCAAs...

Really will have a trail by fire this weekend against a really good Lowell team...
              Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
              The Mule
              Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
                RIT SportsZone produces the video broadcasts, yes. The question is how to access the broadcasts: over-the-air TV? Cable? Free streaming? Paid streaming? There's no information about that on the SportsZone web site, and their Facebook page has been quiet about it as well.

Powers &8^]
                On the RIT SZ webpage, it has the Men's hockey home schedule at the bottom of the page. I'm hoping that means they'll broadcast it online like last year.
                RIT Tigers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln145QKj2pE - A video I shot of Ricky Walton's penalty shot vs. Canisius 11/2/07. It ended up being the game winner.

2013-14 AHA Pick 'Em Champion!

Comment

This is what the game notes from RIT for this weekend say about video/streaming: All home games this season will feature video streaming with audio by Stretch Internet on a subscription basis. For more information, go to https://portal.stretchinternet.com/atlantichockey/. As always, Gene Battaglia and John DiTullio bring you all the action from the Gene Polisseni Center.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
                    This is what the game notes from RIT for this weekend say about video/streaming: All home games this season will feature video streaming with audio by Stretch Internet on a subscription basis. For more information, go to https://portal.stretchinternet.com/atlantichockey/. As always, Gene Battaglia and John DiTullio bring you all the action from the Gene Polisseni Center.
                    Disastrous.
                    RIT

Comment

Disastrous.
                      The WITR broadcasts are always free, both home and away:-)
                      Scott Biggar
                      WITR - Voice of the RIT Tigers
                      Staff Writer - US College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Biggar View Post
                        As if I don't hear your voice enough in my life...
                        Russell Jaslow
                        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post

You have to sign up for an account (fill up mailbox with spam), navigate a site that was developed by junior high students during their learn how to type class to find out that it cost 11.00 per single game or 105.00 for a season pass. Doing the math, x/y where y = 17 home games and the result is 6.17 USD per game. Are there fees and taxes, I don't know!

Obviously the yearly pass is the best deal and not too shabby if you have a solid internet connection. I don't know where I read this but I hear that WITR is always free!
                          RIT Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                            As if I don't hear your voice enough in my life...
                            Sometimes you get to hear mine instead of Scott's! [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Biggar View Post
                              Not shading WITR, love you guys. But missing out on a free HD video stream with actually very high production quality (plus their 30 minute pregame show) is a big disappointment. I'm sure the stream did nothing to help attendance issues (certainly kept me home) but it's unlikely I go to many/any more games now that they've killed it.
                              RIT

Comment

I emailed Joe Venniro, and he told me that they are still working on it, and he is hopeful that in the next week they will be able to announce details for broadcast TV and streaming, but as of Saturday nothing was official yet. So it sounds like all is not lost yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X