X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2018/2019 - Time For The Tigers to Roar <<<

Originally posted by Tiger98 View Post
    It also doesn't have permanent ice. It sounds like they didn't want to. They want to keep it open for other things during the year. Having ice during the fair was merely a nice attraction and break from the summer heat for the fairgoers, and a dog and pony show for the governor to showcase his newest "achievement" after taking out the much-loved by race fans, historic, 1-mile dirt racetrack a few years ago.

I won't get into a debate on the whole track issue, but in all fairness racing is a dying sport. This coming from a former race series promoter and manager. The new Expo center will actually have a chance to host a race from what I am being told (or is at least being looked into). While indoor TQ midget/sprint racing isn't for everyone, neither is the mods on a 1 mile track. Had Donnely held up to his end of the bargain there would have been a nice facility just north of the fairgrounds. Yes it sucks that the history was taken down, but those who are boycotting the state fair solely on the fact that the track was taken down is a tad silly to me.

Onto the rink, you pointed out the EXACT reason why hosting an event like an AHA playoff tournament. Yes I am very well aware its not a permanent ice surface, but they're NOT going to go out and get all this stuff to make a temporary ice surface to use it for 2 weeks. It would make perfect sense to put it back up come playoff time to be used again. There are a ton of local teams who would love to use the rink.

As both a racing and hockey fan, I was sad to see it go, but the new building has a lot of potential. Watching dirt racing at Oswego isn't too shabby either IMO. I know a few drivers who were very unimpressed with the fair surface the last couple years and prefer the tighter Oswego Speedway.....
    Remy Babineaux
    remyb616@gmail.com
    D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Tigers picked to finish seventh by AHA coaches: https://www.ritathletics.com/news/20...ason-poll.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
        Tigers picked to finish seventh by AHA coaches: https://www.ritathletics.com/news/20...ason-poll.aspx
        This has to be the first time ever AIC has been picked to finish above us, right? At least since our play-in season?
        RIT

Comment

RIT Sweater sighting on my TV from Clinton tonight... XC???
          Last edited by Transplanted Tiger Fan; 09-25-2018, 07:31 PM.
          Dave
          RIT - '90

Comment

Originally posted by Transplanted Tiger Fan View Post
            RIT Sweater sighting on my TV from Clinton tonight... XC???
            Not me. I'm watching on TV as well.
            John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
            AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
            AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
            NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
            NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
            NCAA DII - 1983
            NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Comment

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
              This has to be the first time ever AIC has been picked to finish above us, right? At least since our play-in season?
              I really want to know what the coaches think they know about AIC that we don't. Eric Lang has that program moving in the right direction but that's a big reach to say they are the best team from the East. I think drop AIC back down to Earth and the Tigers are about where they deserve to be in the preseason poll. Keep an eye on Bentley, I think they may have the best Freshman class in the AHA this season...
              Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
              The Mule
              Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Re: &gt;&gt;&gt; RIT Tigers 2018/2019 - Time For The Tigers to Roar &lt;&lt;&lt;

For those who would like to look, AIC and Sacred Heart have posted their roster. The AHA list is now complete.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1049715786
                Last edited by Tom Naeger; 10-01-2018, 07:00 PM.

Thomas M. Naeger
                The Mule

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Story on Miles Powell as an Amerk by Kevin Oklobzija:

https://pickinsplinters.com/2018/09/...k-with-amerks/

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
                    For those who would like to look, AIC and Sacred Heart have posted their rooster. The AHA list is now complete.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1049715786
                    I believe you're thinking of South Carolina and Jacksonville State.
                    Can't we all just get along?
                    Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
                      I believe you're thinking of South Carolina and Jacksonville State.
                      You know it's hockey season when Naeger starts his assault on the English language...

Thomas M. Naeger
                      The Mule

Comment

You know it's hockey season when Naeger starts his assault on the English language...
                        Tom, you changed it from rooster to roaster. Still a chicken, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
                          Tom, you changed it from rooster to roaster. Still a chicken, though.
                          I swore I put just one O...

Long Day, I interviewed a BA in CS today. I think that blow my mind...

Thomas M. Naeger
                          The Mule

Comment

I really want to know what the coaches think they know about AIC that we don't. Eric Lang has that program moving in the right direction but that's a big reach to say they are the best team from the East. I think drop AIC back down to Earth and the Tigers are about where they deserve to be in the preseason poll. Keep an eye on Bentley, I think they may have the best Freshman class in the AHA this season...
                            I'm curious about AIC, since that took me as a surprise. They are certainly on the rise but to put them top 5? We shall see. I agree RIT is about where they should be. They have so many freshmen and sophomores on the roster, which is interested. My gut feeling is that unless one of the goalies has a breakout season (looking at Drackett), the wins will come when RIT outscores other teams in somewhat high scoring games.
                            2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                            2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                            2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                            2010 Frozen Four participant
                            2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Has anyone heard anything about TV coverage this year?

Comment

Originally posted by joew74 View Post
                                Has anyone heard anything about TV coverage this year?
                                Sadly it seems like after one honeymoon year with free HD streams via Sportszone, that has been killed in favor of paying for AHCs inferior product.
                                RIT

Comment

Working...
                                X