This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2018/2019 - Time For The Tigers to Roar <<<

Wow, listening to Wayne roast his own team in the post game on WITR was quite a religious experience. One of the most overtly critical soapboxes I have heard him on in half a decade of listening.
    RIT

Comment

Not thrilled with the outcome but at least they didn't give up and got back within one. Do better tonight please
      RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
        Wow, listening to Wayne roast his own team in the post game on WITR was quite a religious experience. One of the most overtly critical soapboxes I have heard him on in half a decade of listening.
        What did he say? I watched the game on stretch, and except for parts of the 2nd period, they looked out of sync and slow. I think they completed more passes to Laker sticks than to their own.
        John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
        AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
        AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
        NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
        NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
        NCAA DII - 1983
        NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Comment

Originally posted by XCTiger View Post
          What did he say? I watched the game on stretch, and except for parts of the 2nd period, they looked out of sync and slow. I think they completed more passes to Laker sticks than to their own.
          Here are my notes from when I was telling a buddy about it afterwards:

- He called them lazy, said he saw no effort, and did not believe they were sharp at all.
          - WITR guys noted they could hear him shouting at his D making adjustments on the fly when 'Hurst was on the rush, he responds that he was yelling at them to wake up and pay attention
          - Mentioned that the power play guys were just sitting around hoping for a bounce near the net, otherwise he thought they could feasibly hold the puck the full 2 minutes and never shoot
          - Pointed out (unprompted) that his top line was on the ice for all 4 goals against
          RIT

Comment

Here are my notes from when I was telling a buddy about it afterwards:

- He called them lazy, said he saw no effort, and did not believe they were sharp at all.
            - WITR guys noted they could hear him shouting at his D making adjustments on the fly when 'Hurst was on the rush, he responds that he was yelling at them to wake up and pay attention
            - Mentioned that the power play guys were just sitting around hoping for a bounce near the net, otherwise he thought they could feasibly hold the puck the full 2 minutes and never shoot
            - Pointed out (unprompted) that his top line was on the ice for all 4 goals against
            Sounds like he's changing up his typically laid back approach this year. Sure glad to hear it. Tonight was a much better effort. Good hustle, and much sharper passing and movement. Hopefully this lesson sticks for the rest of the season.
            John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
            AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
            AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
            NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
            NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
            NCAA DII - 1983
            NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Comment

• Originally posted by XCTiger View Post
              Sounds like he's changing up his typically laid back approach this year. Sure glad to hear it. Tonight was a much better effort. Good hustle, and much sharper passing and movement. Hopefully this lesson sticks for the rest of the season.
              Well, aside from the first period, which was pretty inexcusable coming off a loss. Whatever he said between the 1st and 2nd he should bottle up, because they came out a completely different team.

Comment

• Originally posted by XCTiger View Post
                Well I just came from the Army Air Force game where Air Force won again and swept the weekend series in West Point. We all know Franks style and I can tell you not only does he bark out orders to his players he also grabs the ears of the linesmen and referees and if it means that he gets a call once in awhile where he might not have otherwise and they score on the ensuing power play I’d say it’s worth it to be a vocal coach behind the bench. Glad RIT picked up a late goal and salvaged a tie.
                RPI Engineers
                RIT Tigers
                ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Hard to believe this team that is now 1-2-1 in Atlantic Hockey play was, not that long ago, top 5 in PWR and had just won 6-1 at homecoming vs a Hockey East foe.

Wilson more or less said tonight that injuries are preventing him from being able to make any lineup changes, which is not a great spot to be in given how the team as a whole is performing.
                  RIT

Comment

Hard to believe this team that is now 1-2-1 in Atlantic Hockey play was, not that long ago, top 5 in PWR and had just won 6-1 at homecoming vs a Hockey East foe.
                    The PA road trip is never easy. This is also a very young team. It's hard to trust PWR because it's WAAAAAAAY too soon to pay attention to it. It's fun to be sure, but not realistic. Every team goes into slumps. Look at BC this year.

They have a bunch of games coming up at the GPC. Win most of those and everything will be fine.
                    2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                    2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                    2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                    2010 Frozen Four participant
                    2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

• Originally posted by komey1 View Post

They have a bunch of games coming up at the GPC. Win most of those and everything will be fine.
                      I hope you’re right Komey, looks like 8 of the next 10 will be at home with trips to Northeastern and Niagara being the only 2 away games. Interested to see how this team responds if our coaches are changing their coaching tactics with this young team mid stream.
                      RPI Engineers
                      RIT Tigers
                      ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
                        I hope you’re right Komey, looks like 8 of the next 10 will be at home with trips to Northeastern and Niagara being the only 2 away games. Interested to see how this team responds if our coaches are changing their coaching tactics with this young team mid stream.
                        look at the numbers. Most numbers are very average, ranked 6 or 7 out of 11. Except scoring last in Atlantic hockey.

Comment

...not that long ago, top 5 in PWR
                          Not only is it too early to look at PWR, the actual calculation is statistically pretty meaningless, if not downright invalid with this small of a sample size.

and had just won 6-1 at homecoming vs a Hockey East foe.
                          When did Colgate move to Hockey East?
                          Last edited by TigerFan86-87; 11-05-2018, 12:24 PM.
                          Can't we all just get along?
                          Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
                            looks like 8 of the next 10 will be at home with trips to Northeastern and Niagara being the only 2 away games.
                            It doesn't just look like 8 out of 10. It actually is 8 out of 10 ... and for that matter, 9 out of 11 after they complete the home-and-home with Niagara.
                            Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeyplayer82 View Post
                              look at the numbers. Most numbers are very average, ranked 6 or 7 out of 11. Except scoring last in Atlantic hockey.
                              Give it some time. Nobody else had to play their first four games on the road against RMU and MU. We'll have to wait a while to see how strong these teams end up being on the season, but most years that would be considered a pretty brutal beginning to a season, schedule-wise.

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
                                The PA road trip is never easy. This is also a very young team. It's hard to trust PWR because it's WAAAAAAAY too soon to pay attention to it. It's fun to be sure, but not realistic. Every team goes into slumps. Look at BC this year.

I don't know, man... the home games certainly are nice, and personally I love the GPC as a hockey venue, but statistically it has not been very good to "us", and there is little-to-no evidence of any ‘home ice advantage’ over recent years. Home and Away records since 2014 (both overall and conference), from collegehockeystats:

Code:
                                            Overall Home  Conf Home  Overall Away  Conf Away
                                2017-2018:     6-13-1       5-9-0       9-7-1        8-5-1
                                2016-2017:     6-13-1       5-9-0       8-9-0        8-6-0
                                2015-2016:     5- 8-3       5-7-2      11-6-3        9-2-3
                                2014-2015:    10- 6-3       7-4-3       7-7-2        7-5-2
                                Only one winning season on-record... this must change. Maybe load the team on a bus and drive-around Henrietta before the games?
                                Dave
                                RIT - '90

Comment

Working...
                                X