X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2018/2019 - Time For The Tigers to Roar <<<

Originally posted by jflory81 View Post
    Couldn't agree more. The benefits of a full building and extra concessions far outweigh the lost money in tickets, IMO. Maybe if you start to establish the building as a fortress, and you start winning all the time, you can start phasing that out.
    Winning games in front of those crowds helps as well.
    2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
    2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
    2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
    2010 Frozen Four participant
    2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
      Just need a current ECAC team to join HE and RIT will have their opportunity to join their Liberty League brethren in the ECAC.
      Hockey East doesn't seem to be in a hurry to fill that odd spot. I'm curious if they did some behind the scenes feelers out and there was no real interest.
      2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
      2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
      2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
      2010 Frozen Four participant
      2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

They did not deserve to win that game tonight. They were outplayed badly, and got quite a bit of fortune. Even taking into account Drackett's fine play, they probably win that game twice out of 10 games. Tonight happened to be one of the two.

They fell asleep numerous times, and they continue to struggle to create offense at even strength, which you would have not thought would be a problem coming into conference play. They're lucky Drackett's come along and been one of the best goaltenders in the conference, because if they had gotten last year's goaltending through this year's play, they might still be looking for their first conference win.
        Glad they got the win nonetheless. Sitting around some Army fans last night at Tate Rink chatting between periods I heard some comments about how fast Sacred Heart was and how good they were (SH won 4-2), some folks were surprised I think. Got me thinking about that old barometer again we sometimes chat about...how many USHL and BCHL players do they have? Well they have plenty and a couple HEA transfers too, good on them for a strong recruiting effort. Got me thinking about doing a quick look up this morning to see if the landscape has changed in regard to BCHL/USHL signings as the scholarship numbers go up in AH. During RIT's Frozen Four run, I counted 13 USHL/BCHL players on the Tigers. Most teams in AH during the 2009/2010 season had less than 5 USHL/BCHL players. A pretty big difference between RIT and the rest of the league in 2009/2010.

Coming back to this season, the team with the fewest USHL/BCHL signings....RIT, most teams have significantly more USHL/BCHL signings. The talent has improved immensely in Atlantic Hockey, so unless one team finds the perfect combination of players, I'd expect pretty much all the teams to play around .500 hockey the entire season, with the playoffs being a crap shoot. I think we've seen that the last few years anyways. I'd be surprised if one team dominates the entire league.

As far as our scoring woes, it could be that since we only have one line that has been steadily producing, the other teams have figured that out, and are clamping down on our first line pairing their top D line against them whenever possible. We need the other lines to produce to take the pressure off RIT's top line. Glad we did that last night. Would love to see a sweep but not surprised if we split. AIC is a much improved team.
        RPI Engineers
        RIT Tigers
        ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Hockey East doesn't seem to be in a hurry to fill that odd spot. I'm curious if they did some behind the scenes feelers out and there was no real interest.

Hey, that gives me an idea, forget the ECAC, lets move to Hockey East, the Hockey East teams always seem to enjoy playing us! Just kidding folks...we would need some serious re-tooling to play in that league for an entire season...
          RPI Engineers
          RIT Tigers
          ARMY Black Knights

Comment

• Nice 1st period. Out with family so can’t listen. Let’s win the next two periods too.
            RPI Engineers
            RIT Tigers
            ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Note to self: Todays game did not start at 7:05 pm. Tuned in to WITR just in time to catch the recap.
              RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

• Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
                Note to self: Todays game did not start at 7:05 pm. Tuned in to WITR just in time to catch the recap.
                At least you caught the recap.. Much needed sweep. While you were listening to the recap I was watching the Rockettes at Radio City Music Hall with the family. The Christmas Spectacular is awesome even if this show is before Thanksgiving but I think I would of been just as happy at home listening to our radio guys call the RIT game. Just back from NYC and it’s traffic...exhausted. G’Night.
                RPI Engineers
                RIT Tigers
                ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Much better game, even if some of the goals had a bit of stink to them. Stunned they allowed the 4th goal, I suppose they ruled that the puck made contact with his skates as he was swinging around with no clear idea of where the puck was, and then did not make contact while he was clearly attempting to kick at it. Or, rather, that there was no proof that he touched the puck during the clear kicking motion. If I'm AIC, I'm furious. It's an example of how even with replay, so much still depends on the officials on the ice. That goal really should have been disallowed on the ice and not put through the "conclusive proof" crap that almost every sport really struggles with.

Oh, and if the kick was as bad as it sounds, the AHC (still feels weird typing that) needs to drop a significant suspension on the AIC kid. There can be no place in the game for trying to do damage to an opponent with razor sharp skate blades.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
                    At least you caught the recap.. Much needed sweep. While you were listening to the recap I was watching the Rockettes at Radio City Music Hall with the family. The Christmas Spectacular is awesome even if this show is before Thanksgiving but I think I would of been just as happy at home listening to our radio guys call the RIT game. Just back from NYC and it’s traffic...exhausted. G’Night.
                    Had I remembered, I would have streamed it on the drive back from Boston. Sportzone recap came in shortly after. Suprised on goal number four they didn't call the play due to losing sight of the puck. Regardless, a nice weekend of wins . Just have to keep the momentum going.
                    RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

If I'm AIC, I'm furious. It's an example of how even with replay, so much still depends on the officials on the ice. That goal really should have been disallowed on the ice and not put through the "conclusive proof" crap that almost every sport really struggles with.
                      According to the radio guys, the puck was swept into the goal by the goalie's pads. If it'd gone in off the kick it would have been disallowed.

Powers &8^]

Comment

the AHC (still feels weird typing that)
                        The league office told us at the beginning of the season that AHA is the only abbreviation they are using from now on. I know they're the ones who started AHC. So use AHA without guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
                          According to the radio guys, the puck was swept into the goal by the goalie's pads. If it'd gone in off the kick it would have been disallowed.

Powers &8^]
                          Having actually seen it both live and on replay, I find it very hard to believe that Girduckis' kicks into the 5-hole area of the goaltender did not have a have a significant effect in the puck going in the net. Just one of those nights where everything went right for the Tigers. Like I said, if I'm AIC I'm furious that goal was allowed.

Comment

So even though I did say AIC was a bit overrated in the coaches Poll that is a nice sweep and hopefully will calm some people down. Seems this year with the younger defensive core they take less chances and has lead to a few less odd men rushes.

Drackett has settled in nicely this season, maybe it's the new goaltender coach...
                            Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                            The Mule
                            Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

This was the type of series RIT needed to sweep to have any chance at looking like legit contenders. AIC has come a long way from being an also-ran, but they are still a bottom tier program that we absolutely need to be able to sweep at home.

Friday night wasn't the best effort, but for the first time in a long time we had a spectacular goaltending performance in league play that carried us to a win. Saturday was much more what I would have expected from a legit Tiger team against AIC.

I am so glad Wayne finally adapted his goalie coaching strategy from "rotate them endlessly and wonder why no one is consistent" to "pick a guy and let him prove it". Logan has had some rough starts that in the past would have meant a different goalie for the next game. This year riding him has clearly worked out, as he has tended to bounce back and is getting better and better. He's sporting a .926 save percentage, which is something RIT hasn't seen a goalie do since 2014.
                              RIT

Comment

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
                                I am so glad Wayne finally adapted his goalie coaching strategy from "rotate them endlessly and wonder why no one is consistent" to "pick a guy and let him prove it". Logan has had some rough starts that in the past would have meant a different goalie for the next game. This year riding him has clearly worked out, as he has tended to bounce back and is getting better and better. He's sporting a .926 save percentage, which is something RIT hasn't seen a goalie do since 2014.
                                They took a gamble and initially it paid off as Drackett played well out of the gates. It surprised me, I expected an early season rotation, I thought that was asking a lot from a Freshman. That to me was initial mistake one, but then as the merry-go-round got going after Drackett had a rough stretch and it spun out of control. One of the big problems was some horrible give aways, last years team was haunted by them. They had an uncanny ability at making unforced giveaways at the worst possible times. However, I think they punished the goaltenders more because of it (part of it was injuries and could not sit a defensemen). Seemed like one guy would get a small win streak going and as soon as he lost a game they go to who ever was next in line. I am a big believer in Wayne Wilson and the staff he has and that is why I laugh when the panic button pushers start calling for his job. However, if there has been a weak area in coaching decisions it has been goaltending. You can go back all the ways to when they shelved DeMike for most of the season and the few times we did see him we though oh no we need to get another goaltender. Then when they gave him a reasonable chance he looked like a completely different goaltender. That is what I found the biggest gaffe of last season, not learning from that, they just gave the keys to a Freshmen and then when the train went off the tracks they never got back on.

I've made this point before, every coaching staff is going to have their strong and weak areas. Overall, you got a dang good staff at RIT. But I was happy to see some new blood brought in this off season on the goaltending. I think some new idea were in order and early returns are paying off...
                                Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                                The Mule
                                Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Working...
                                X