Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA 18-19 Matt 2.0

Originally posted by shootdontpass View Post
    I wonder why UAA got rid of the Alaska Airlines puck shoot? Now it’s like they just have random students do some sort of relay or race on the ice at intermission. The puck shoot was great and now they’ve taken away a main highlight for fans going to the games.
    I believe the puck shoot was sponsored by Alaska Airlines, and maybe they pulled their sponsorship. Just a thought. On the bright side, just now while watching channel 11 news we saw a UAA hockey commercial. And it wasn't a generic ad either, it mentioned Bowling Green coming to town this weekend. A step in the right direction - props to UAA for realizing they need to do some advertising to promote Seawolf Hockey. However, all the advertising in the world won't save hockey if the games aren't entertaining and the guys need to win some games.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
      We are 0-7-1 thank you very much haha

But we’ve also played three straight weekends against top ranked teams. Hopefully that experience carries over positively to the rest of the WCHA play for the Nanooks.
      I've watched most of the Nanook games, and they are a good team. Pulling out a tie in Denver was amazing. I'm sure they will be okay once they start playing WCHA games. The bugaboo that bit the Seawolves in the butt was not having a game for two solid weeks. And after this weekend they won't be back at the Sully until January. Sigh.
      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Welp, election results pretty much guarantee the program will be on the chopping block again...
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Well for last Saturday's after game mingle there were about 15 players and 45 fans when I counted. It took a while for the players to come up after the game and some people left prior to my approximate count.

The email coach sent out this week did have that info about the new commercials and the new display on the door. That jingle in the commercial is so iconic in Anchorage it is nice hearing it used again. Kids will love the new Seawolf entry art at the Sully.

Coach's corner this Friday at 6:05 and there is a meet and greet with the players after this Saturday's game.

Comment

The commercial https://youtu.be/KhQtzdUz7_g

And an interview.
            https://youtu.be/Duks8qpGHGg

Comment

Originally posted by kamariek View Post
              Well for last Saturday's after game mingle there were about 15 players and 45 fans when I counted. It took a while for the players to come up after the game and some people left prior to my approximate count.

The email coach sent out this week did have that info about the new commercials and the new display on the door. That jingle in the commercial is so iconic in Anchorage it is nice hearing it used again. Kids will love the new Seawolf entry art at the Sully.

Coach's corner this Friday at 6:05 and there is a meet and greet with the players after this Saturday's game.
              I love the doors! Wish UAA could get some kind of banner inside the Sully, similar to what UA_ has.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Wow, what a game tonight! I thought Bowling Green was gonna stomp on UAA, but the Seawolves played some great … some very entertaining … hockey. They outshot Bowling Green, and dominated much of the game. I am so surprised the refs reviewed Xavier's shot that hit the post. So close!! Tomorrow is gonna be even tougher, I have a feeling Bowling Green underestimated the Seawolves. They won't make that mistake tomorrow night. But they got a point against the #10 team. Way to go Seawolves! That was a fun game to watch. Wish we would have made the drive in.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Your goaltender was outstanding.

Comment

Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
                    Your goaltender was outstanding.
                    So was yours.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

This is a fun team to watch.
                      It's a great day to be a Seawolf!

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                        That game was a lot of fun to watch. The best I've seen them play so far, even better than the CC series. We are very tempted to make tonights game, but we have to go to a fundraiser that I have been involved in … no way out of it.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                          That game was a lot of fun to watch. The best I've seen them play so far, even better than the CC series. We are very tempted to make tonights game, but we have to go to a fundraiser that I have been involved in … no way out of it.
                          I feel for you. The Boys are getting better every game and It's the last home game for months ....... so the next best thing

Just wear your sweater, find a seat at a table out of the way and whip out the I phone at 7oh 7. Slip the remote head phones on under that green and gold fan wig and........ smile.

Just don't do your usual jumping up and down screaming rant's at goals and cheap whistles cuz it will blow your cover.
                          Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                          UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                            I feel for you. The Boys are getting better every game and It's the last home game for months ....... so the next best thing

Just wear your sweater, find a seat at a table out of the way and whip out the I phone at 7oh 7. Slip the remote head phones on under that green and gold fan wig and........ smile.

Just don't do your usual jumping up and down screaming rant's at goals and cheap whistles cuz it will blow your cover.
                            HA! You don't know just how true this really is! I have been known to listen to Seawolf hockey on the radio while attending hubby's work Christmas parties. I didn't wear my UAA sweater though. But one year they had a Christmas party with a sports theme and I dressed up like a UAA hockey player. That was a fun night.
                            Last edited by Suze; 11-10-2018, 04:53 PM.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                              Friday and Saturday Live and Free 3:07 is game time at the American Legion Post 28 @ 7001 Brayton.......coming south on the Seward or on Old Seward ........time to take the sweet 76th st underpass do the roundabout and slide over on

the frontage and pull into the Legion Parking lot with out stopping.....sweet.

all fans welcome
                              Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                              UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

• Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                                Friday and Saturday Live and Free 3:07 is game time at the American Legion Post 28 @ 7001 Brayton.......coming south on the Seward or on Old Seward ........time to take the sweet 76th st underpass do the roundabout and slide over on

the frontage and pull into the Legion Parking lot with out stopping.....sweet.

all fans welcome
                                Seawolves fans are also welcome to join me for the NMU Radio Broadcast at RRNSports.com with the Stucko’s Pregame Show starting around 2:30 AT. I just chatted with Coach Matt Curley and he’ll join me on the pregame each night around 2:35 AT
                                Last edited by davyd83; 11-15-2018, 04:18 PM.
                                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Working...
                                X