• Show
Clear All

Re: UAA 18-19 Matt 2.0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcejKrZQVV8

the jersey reveal.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxdefpF47pY

I liked this. And that it is the start of hockey week. The 2018 UAA Hockey Pump Up

Comment

Originally posted by kamariek View Post
        I like them. Dang, Trinks is a big guy!
        Originally Posted by aparch
        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Update to my favorite hockey movies:

1: Miracle
          2: Goon (first time watching it Wednesday and excited to watch the sequel)
          3: Slap Shot
          Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
            Update to my favorite hockey movies:

1: Miracle
            2: Goon (first time watching it Wednesday and excited to watch the sequel)
            3: Slap Shot
            Goon: Last of the enforcers was pretty good too. I’m surprised we haven’t had Goon on any of our bus trips!
            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

I loved Goon and the sequel. Check out the documentary Ice Guardians. It is on Netflix and is about pro hockey fighting. UAA connection is it does have a couple of seconds of UAA's Justin "JJ" Johnson when he was an Islander. About the 1 hour 10 second mark.

Comment

Over/under on wins, love to see what everybody else is thinking.

8 without Butcher
                10 with Butcher

I don't see a huge pile of wins like we got with Matt version 1.0, that team was frankly better all around. I can see the twins finally shining and putting up some big points though.
                Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Over/under on wins, love to see what everybody else is thinking.

8 without Butcher
                  10 with Butcher

I don't see a huge pile of wins like we got with Matt version 1.0, that team was frankly better all around. I can see the twins finally shining and putting up some big points though.
                  I think Xavier may surprise us this season. I think 10 wins is being generous. Hope I'm wrong. I keep telling myself that will can beat skill.
                  I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                    I think Xavier may surprise us this season. I think 10 wins is being generous. Hope I'm wrong. I keep telling myself that will can beat skill.
                    Thomas got us to 18 wins from 4 the previous season. Shyiak is the only coach to get less wins in his first year, from 12 to 6. Should be noted Talafous was even at 9 wins.

Comment

The guys attitude on the bench last night was a very pleasant change from the past few seasons.
                      The entire team had a bench attitude change for the better.
                      It's real early but I got the feeling they like this coach.

Comment

Green and gold game going on right now is spirited. One to zero in the second period.

Comment

Originally posted by kamariek View Post
                          Green and gold game going on right now is spirited. One to zero in the second period.
                          Thoughts?

I choose to watch Hawaii football and I'm glad I did oh boy are they back.

Comment

Thoughts?

I choose to watch Hawaii football and I'm glad I did oh boy are they back.
                            Did the PA announcer have speakers to use besides those little Sony speakers hanging on the glass by the penalty boxes?

Comment

Originally posted by shootdontpass View Post
                              Did the PA announcer have speakers to use besides those little Sony speakers hanging on the glass by the penalty boxes?
                              Wasn't there, but the MAC isn't really set up for college games. Highschool teams play there. I used to go to the Chugiak highschool games and I don't recall there being an issue with the PA system.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by shootdontpass View Post
                                No they passed notes to some kid behind the sin bin who screamed out everything they gave him thru the little end of a road cone....sounded a little like Bruce....
                                Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                                UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Working...
                                X