Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: UAA 18-19 Matt 2.0

Re: UAA 18-19 Matt 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
    Will UAA be requiring future coaches to sign an NLI so they can't be poached by other programs? Asking for a friend...

Gotta love his new Colgate bio, especially this part:
    "Borges joined the University of Alaska-Anchorage men's hockey program as an assistant coach from June 2018 through August 2018. In his time with the Seawolves, Borges was responsible for recruiting, skill development, academic oversight, and working with the defensemen and power play squads."

They forgot to include resume writing, attending job interviews and leaving his ethics back East... What a tool.

Sucks to have to go through the process twice, but you don't need that kind of kid behind your bench.

Ryan J
    If I were him, I would be ashamed to have that in my bio.

Saw a picture of the new jerseys today (on Twitter). Love them. They have the state of Alaska on them, with a "star" in the location of Anchorage. Very cool.
    Last edited by Suze; 09-14-2018 at 12:47 AM.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Quote Originally Posted by Suze View Post
    Saw a picture of the new jerseys today (on Twitter). Love them. They have the state of Alaska on them, with a "star" in the location of Anchorage. Very cool.
    I believe I saw the same Tweet. How can one go about acquiring one of these new jerseys? Preferably game worn, so I know these will likely have to last a year or two before they're cycled out of use.

I'd love to have one in my collection.

If I were him, I would be ashamed to have that in my bio.

Are they new full time jerseys or alternates?

Quote Originally Posted by aparch View Post
    I believe I saw the same Tweet. How can one go about acquiring one of these new jerseys? Preferably game worn, so I know these will likely have to last a year or two before they're cycled out of use.

I'd love to have one in my collection.
    I think you're right, it will be a year or two before they are available.
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Quote Originally Posted by Squarebanks View Post
    Are they new full time jerseys or alternates?
    I don't know.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

I think you're right, it will be a year or two before they are available.
    That kinda depends on how much money you want to spend.

So I heard that UAA was not able to get a radio deal, and most likely Butcher is not coming back. This sucks.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

So I heard that UAA was not able to get a radio deal, and most likely Butcher is not coming back. This sucks.
    Is there a reason that they cant/wont put it on the UAA student station? We were on KSUA for years, if not decades, before Forrest Karr moved us to the ESPN affiliate and apparently neglected to mention it to KSUA. Im happy we are back there...I think it helps support the campus community. Seems like UAA could do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Squarebanks View Post
    Is there a reason that they can’t/won’t put it on the UAA student station? We were on KSUA for years, if not decades, before Forrest Karr moved us to the ESPN affiliate and apparently neglected to mention it to KSUA. I’m happy we are back there...I think it helps support the campus community. Seems like UAA could do the same.
    I have no answers for you. Sounds like a smart idea though.

This seasons hockey media guide is out. https://issuu.com/seawolf1/docs/2018...dia_guide/2?ff

Interesting that Butcher is listed. I hope I'm wrong and he does play this season. The team REALLY needs him.
    Last edited by Suze; 09-15-2018 at 04:14 PM.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

I have no answers for you. Sounds like a smart idea though.

This seasons hockey media guide is out. https://issuu.com/seawolf1/docs/2018...dia_guide/2?ff

Interesting that Butcher is listed. I hope I'm wrong and he does play this season. The team REALLY needs him.
    Cover is nice, except for the land bridge to Russia.
    At the end of the day, the Gov Cup is just a trophy, UAA senior Jordan Kwas said. Id rather be in the Final Five every time over winning the Gov Cup.

2017-18 Words: Medicore progam for 25 years due to administration's lack-a-dasical approach to the sports team that gave birth and success to the other teams.

Thread Information