Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: UAA 18-19 Matt 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Suze View Post
    Totally agree with you. He was kinda hit on his side, not his back. A few non-calls on CC didn't help either. Heck, UAA played more than half the second period short handed. But hey, they beat CC and the refs. Whatever, UAA looked like they wanted to win. Haven't seen that kind of hustle and desire in a while.

Looking at the stats, CC had 14 power plays on the weekend to UAA's 4. And one of ours was only 27 seconds long. Special teams were amazing.
    I think the final stats actually shorted CC a pp, which ultimately hurts the PK numbers...grand scheme of things, not overly important. I love the way this team plays, they aren't shackled to a strict dump, chase and cycle system. It shows that they are being allowed to use their creativity. It was enjoyable watching them play this weekend.

Re: UAA 18-19 Matt 2.0

Nice win Seawolves...you outworked them.....
    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Good hockey is always fun to watch and a win makes it that much more. Yay Seawolves!!

Hiekkavirta honored with the WCHA Defenseman of the Week award. Congrats Tomi!
    http://www.goseawolves.com//ViewArti...CLID=211775243
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Still upright

Congratulations! Huge win!
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Quote Originally Posted by kamariek View Post
    Thanks for putting that link up kamariek. It was a fun read.

The WCHA website has an excellent article on Curley, called "Building The Right Way".

http://www.wcha.com/men/articles/201...-right-way.php
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Ahhhh....UAF scored tonight....too bad. St. Cloud must be terrible!

Quote Originally Posted by DTuttle View Post
    The game is nearly unwatchable. Terrible quality, the video feed keeps cutting in and out and going to a black screen.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Quote Originally Posted by DTuttle View Post
    Twice. Things are looking up.

Quote Originally Posted by Squarebanks View Post
    Twice. Things are looking up.
    Nanooks looked good in the first period. The Huskies must be highly overrated.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Just noticed we have a new recruit, and he's from the USHL!

https://twitter.com/search?q=%20Chad...nd%20&src=typd

Neutral Zone:

3.75 Chad Hillebrand commits to Alaska-Anchorage. Rangy and has added strength since last year. Good instincts and moves to smart spots. Smooth stride. Touch around the goal with some snarl to create space. 1999 is trending upward. High ceiling.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Did I miss the mention of captains? To be clear there ins't one, but three.
    Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Just noticed we have a new recruit, and he's from the USHL!

https://twitter.com/search?q=%20Chad...nd%20&src=typd

Neutral Zone:
    Interesting. He was on a bad NAHL team and got to move up, he was second in team points at almost half a point a game. The number one scoring kid played less than half the games Chad did.
    Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Quote Originally Posted by AKSWF View Post
    Interesting. He was on a bad NAHL team and got to move up, he was second in team points at almost half a point a game. The number one scoring kid played less than half the games Chad did.
    I'm looking forward to seeing who else the coaches have recruited. The early signing date is just a few weeks away.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

The game is nearly unwatchable. Terrible quality, the video feed keeps cutting in and out and going to a black screen.
    Same schools have same low quality untrainable staff and same lame don' give a **** team work. poop in ....poop out

I have emailed schools about their film crews and not much, if any improvement.

emailed wcha and ...... they didn't even bother to answer.

Flosports isn't better............... it just cost more, If realy board you can at least watch reruns of International Choral Conducting Competition , Marching Bands and some crap soccer at no extra charge .
    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
    Same schools have same low quality untrainable staff and same lame don' give a **** team work. poop in ....poop out

I have emailed schools about their film crews and not much, if any improvement.

emailed wcha and ...... they didn't even bother to answer.

Flosports isn't better............... it just cost more, If realy board you can at least watch reruns of International Choral Conducting Competition , Marching Bands and some crap soccer at no extra charge .
    I've watched games on flosports played at UAA, Fairbanks, Ferris State and Huntsville. UAA and Ferris St are honestly the best so far. Fairbanks was better after they got the bugs worked out (which took an entire first period) and Huntsville was fair. Both Fairbanks and Huntsville have issues with the camera guy being able to follow the puck and they both zoom in way too often so you don't see much of the ice.

As far as cost, $150 for the entire season of WCHA hockey isn't bad at all. It comes out to less than $4 a game if we watch JUST the UAA games, home and away.
    Last edited by Suze; 10-20-2018 at 09:10 PM.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Alec Butcher appeal news?

Quote Originally Posted by AKSWF View Post
    Alec Butcher appeal news?
    I think we are all wondering about that. It's been 7 months, how long does it take for the NCAA to make a determination? Ridiculous. The guy has only played 2 1/2 years. He should be found eligible!

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Thread Information