Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: UAA 18-19 Matt 2.0

Re: UAA 18-19 Matt 2.0

Green and gold game going on right now is spirited. One to zero in the second period.

Quote Originally Posted by kamariek View Post
    Green and gold game going on right now is spirited. One to zero in the second period.
    Thoughts?

I choose to watch Hawaii football and I'm glad I did oh boy are they back.
    Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Quote Originally Posted by AKSWF View Post
    Thoughts?

I choose to watch Hawaii football and I'm glad I did oh boy are they back.
    Did the PA announcer have speakers to use besides those little Sony speakers hanging on the glass by the penalty boxes?

Quote Originally Posted by shootdontpass View Post
    Did the PA announcer have speakers to use besides those little Sony speakers hanging on the glass by the penalty boxes?
    Wasn't there, but the MAC isn't really set up for college games. Highschool teams play there. I used to go to the Chugiak highschool games and I don't recall there being an issue with the PA system.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Quote Originally Posted by shootdontpass View Post
    No they passed notes to some kid behind the sin bin who screamed out everything they gave him thru the little end of a road cone....sounded a little like Bruce....
    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Quote Originally Posted by Suze View Post
    Wasn't there, but the MAC isn't really set up for college games. Highschool teams play there. I used to go to the Chugiak highschool games and I don't recall there being an issue with the PA system.

Sorry, I meant the Wells Fargo arena

UFC was crazy tonight.

All the CC goals were from the hash marks and closer.
    No defense in front of a goalie sometimes out of position and the scoreboard shows the result.
    Was pleased with the team effort and we showed some offense.
    These guys will win some games this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
    No defense in front of a goalie sometimes out of position and the scoreboard shows the result.
    A few rookie mistakes. I liked Curley's post game thoughts. Goal tending was the issue last night, but the guys didn't help the goalies in a few of those goals. Not all were Stead's fault. Hoping for a better performance tonight.
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Quote Originally Posted by Suze View Post
    A few rookie mistakes. I liked Curley's post game thoughts. Goal tending was the issue last night, but the guys didn't help the goalies in a few of those goals. Not all were Stead's fault. Hoping for a better performance tonight.
    At least you scored.

(Comrade Fox)

Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
    Shot attempts were 39-37 CC. That's got to be a promising sign considering just how much UAA got shelled in that category last year.
    https://twitter.com/TheVTHockeyBlog
    https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
    NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

UVM record in games I've attended as a student:

Men's: 22-22-4
    Women's: 11-17-7

/r/collegehockey moderator
    Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Already insane, UAA making it worse
    Quote Originally Posted by Squarebanks View Post
    At least you scored.
    Its the little things.

Quote Originally Posted by TovarishchLisa View Post
    Shot attempts were 39-37 CC. That's got to be a promising sign considering just how much UAA got shelled in that category last year.
    SOG were pretty close too, another encouraging sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    SOG were pretty close too, another encouraging sign.
    Good performance tonight. The guys are looking good. Killing off penalties for the last 12 minutes of the second period killed the momentum. First a 5 minute major and then two 5 on 3's. Come on guys, let's play the third to WIN.

Positives so far … we are winning faceoffs. Our penalty kill has been amazing. And we scored a pp and short handed goal. Special teams!! The guys are playing with a lot of energy.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Woo hoo! What a gutsy game by the green and gold. Winning 4-3 over CC. Nice way to bounce back guys. I think we found a goalie!

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

SEAWOLVES WIN!

We won't go winless! Woo!
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Quote Originally Posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Quote Originally Posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

TDS Index Case FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar

Nice job, UAA.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

(Comrade Fox)

Good stuff! Got a soft spot for youse.

Also, a comeback win after giving up a 10-spot the night before to the same team...that's some serious mental toughness there
    https://twitter.com/TheVTHockeyBlog
    https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
    NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

UVM record in games I've attended as a student:

Men's: 22-22-4
    Women's: 11-17-7

/r/collegehockey moderator
    Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

On the CFB call, live it looked like the player felt the contact, started to turn, lost his balance and fell into the boards, not so much an actual check. Kind of a rough call IMO.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Quote Originally Posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Quote Originally Posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Quote Originally Posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    On the CFB call, live it looked like the player felt the contact, started to turn, lost his balance and fell into the boards, not so much an actual check. Kind of a rough call IMO.
    Totally agree with you. He was kinda hit on his side, not his back. A few non-calls on CC didn't help either. Heck, UAA played more than half the second period short handed. But hey, they beat CC and the refs. Whatever, UAA looked like they wanted to win. Haven't seen that kind of hustle and desire in a while.

Looking at the stats, CC had 14 power plays on the weekend to UAA's 4. And one of ours was only 27 seconds long. Special teams were amazing.
    Last edited by Suze; 10-08-2018 at 12:33 AM.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Thread Information