Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 187

Thread: UVM 2018-19: This is so sad Alex play Esposito

  1. #1
    (Comrade Fox)
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Burlington, VT
    Posts
    1,069

    UVM 2018-19: This is so sad Alex play Esposito

    Move-in was this weekend, so it's a good time to get the season thread going IMO.

    (this memey title will surely age well)
    https://twitter.com/TheVTHockeyBlog
    https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

    Frozen Four: '96, '09
    NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

    UVM record in games I've attended as a student:

    Men's: 22-22-4
    Women's: 11-17-7

    /r/collegehockey moderator
    Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

  2. #2
    (Comrade Fox)
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Burlington, VT
    Posts
    1,069

    Re: UVM 2018-19: This is so sad Alex play Esposito

    UVM's tri-captains have been announced. Matt O'Donnell, Matt Alvaro, and Derek Lodermeier.

    I think they're solid choices, to be honest
    https://twitter.com/TheVTHockeyBlog
    https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

    Frozen Four: '96, '09
    NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

    UVM record in games I've attended as a student:

    Men's: 22-22-4
    Women's: 11-17-7

    /r/collegehockey moderator
    Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

  3. #3
    (Comrade Fox)
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Burlington, VT
    Posts
    1,069

    Re: UVM 2018-19: This is so sad Alex play Esposito

    Also, we'll have a new voice of the Catamounts this year, as Alastair Ingram is headed to BC as Associate Director of Communications.

    Sucks for us, but a great opportunity for a great guy!
    https://twitter.com/TheVTHockeyBlog
    https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

    Frozen Four: '96, '09
    NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

    UVM record in games I've attended as a student:

    Men's: 22-22-4
    Women's: 11-17-7

    /r/collegehockey moderator
    Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    566

    Re: UVM 2018-19: This is so sad Alex play Esposito

    As an old(er) person I had to Google your meme in the title. Funny. I have a bunch of those things in my house too..

    Cautiously optimistic as I am at the start of every year. All these guys have talent or they wouldn't be playing division 1 hockey. I will save the vitriol for when UVM gives Sneddon another 5 year extension at the end of the season....:--)

  5. #5
    (Comrade Fox)
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Burlington, VT
    Posts
    1,069

    Re: UVM 2018-19: This is so sad Alex play Esposito

    Quote Originally Posted by GreenCat View Post
    As an old(er) person I had to Google your meme in the title. Funny. I have a bunch of those things in my house too..

    Cautiously optimistic as I am at the start of every year. All these guys have talent or they wouldn't be playing division 1 hockey. I will save the vitriol for when UVM gives Sneddon another 5 year extension at the end of the season....:--)
    Yeah, it was funny to me as I wanted a pun, and I think sadness is a mood a lot of UVM fans have been feeling.

    I'm gonna try and restrain myself a bit more this year, I feel like I delved way too much into hot takery last year, so I'm going to hope for the best while expecting the worst. It's working for me with the A's....
    https://twitter.com/TheVTHockeyBlog
    https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

    Frozen Four: '96, '09
    NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

    UVM record in games I've attended as a student:

    Men's: 22-22-4
    Women's: 11-17-7

    /r/collegehockey moderator
    Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

  6. #6
    Now UVM Cat in Georgia
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    1,338

    Re: UVM 2018-19: This is so sad Alex play Esposito

    Quote Originally Posted by GreenCat View Post
    As an old(er) person I had to Google your meme in the title. Funny. I have a bunch of those things in my house too..

    Cautiously optimistic as I am at the start of every year. All these guys have talent or they wouldn't be playing division 1 hockey. I will save the vitriol for when UVM gives Sneddon another 5 year extension at the end of the season....:--)
    I guess I must be older than you. Not only was I confused by the thread title, I never thought to google it.

    I know it was said in jest, but the only way I'm okay with a Sneddon extension is if the Cats go undefeated and win the national championship!

  7. #7
    Now UVM Cat in Georgia
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    1,338

    Re: UVM 2018-19: This is so sad Alex play Esposito

    Quote Originally Posted by TovarishchLisa View Post
    Yeah, it was funny to me as I wanted a pun, and I think sadness is a mood a lot of UVM fans have been feeling.

    I'm gonna try and restrain myself a bit more this year, I feel like I delved way too much into hot takery last year, so I'm going to hope for the best while expecting the worst. It's working for me with the A's....
    As a Yankee fan, the A's kinda scare me since they might be our wildcard opponent. They're definitely playing good ball! They seem to always have good teams on a shoestring budget. Must be the Moneyball.....

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    219

    Re: UVM 2018-19: This is so sad Alex play Esposito

    The meme originated as a post about moving on from something sad (someone's cat got into their bowl of spaghetti). The Google knows all.

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    219

    Re: UVM 2018-19: This is so sad Alex play Esposito

    Was just at UVM dropping off a check for our season tickets. Sounds like the gym replacement and Gutterson reno is a go. Planning to start work in November. Say good bye to sitting on 2x10s.

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    111

    Re: UVM 2018-19: This is so sad Alex play Esposito

    Quote Originally Posted by j24vt View Post
    Was just at UVM dropping off a check for our season tickets. Sounds like the gym replacement and Gutterson reno is a go. Planning to start work in November. Say good bye to sitting on 2x10s.
    Not so fast, I don't think they are replacing all the seats at the Gutt - they should - but don't believe they are.

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    219

    Re: UVM 2018-19: This is so sad Alex play Esposito

    Quote Originally Posted by Vermont Ref View Post
    Not so fast, I don't think they are replacing all the seats at the Gutt - they should - but don't believe they are.
    I asked if section 21 would still be sitting on 2x10s or in seats after the renovation

  12. #12
    Now UVM Cat in Georgia
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    1,338

    Re: UVM 2018-19: This is so sad Alex play Esposito

    Quote Originally Posted by Vermont Ref View Post
    Not so fast, I don't think they are replacing all the seats at the Gutt - they should - but don't believe they are.
    I heard they were upgrading to 2x12's.

  13. #13
    (Comrade Fox)
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Burlington, VT
    Posts
    1,069

    Re: UVM 2018-19: This is so sad Alex play Esposito

    Quote Originally Posted by Vermont Ref View Post
    Not so fast, I don't think they are replacing all the seats at the Gutt - they should - but don't believe they are.
    If I were them I'd keep the student section as benches because everyone stands there anyway, but that's just me
    https://twitter.com/TheVTHockeyBlog
    https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

    Frozen Four: '96, '09
    NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

    UVM record in games I've attended as a student:

    Men's: 22-22-4
    Women's: 11-17-7

    /r/collegehockey moderator
    Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

  14. #14
    Colorado Cadets Fan
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Lafayette, CO
    Posts
    9,606

    Re: UVM 2018-19: This is so sad Alex play Esposito

    Quote Originally Posted by j24vt View Post
    Was just at UVM dropping off a check for our season tickets. Sounds like the gym replacement and Gutterson reno is a go. Planning to start work in November. Say good bye to sitting on 2x10s.
    I haven't been in Vermont for a few years, but before I left there was talk of building a shiny new modern facility. What happened to that idea?
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    111

    Re: UVM 2018-19: This is so sad Alex play Esposito

    Quote Originally Posted by TovarishchLisa View Post
    If I were them I'd keep the student section as benches because everyone stands there anyway, but that's just me
    The student section is only the middle section. They didn't used to stand all the time, it is very annoying and selfish as others can't see play in the corners. The generation that is all about themselves I guess, sigh.

  16. #16
    Now UVM Cat in Georgia
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    1,338

    Re: UVM 2018-19: This is so sad Alex play Esposito

    Quote Originally Posted by NUProf View Post
    I haven't been in Vermont for a few years, but before I left there was talk of building a shiny new modern facility. What happened to that idea?
    I've been following UVM hockey since I first stepped on campus in 1983. Since then, there has ALWAYS been talk of building a shiny, new, modern facility. Although construction doesn't appear to be a problem at almost every other school that fields a D1 hockey team, a new arena has never happened at UVM, and probably won't during my lifetime. Gutterson was already refurbished once around 1988 and will be refurbished again soon, leaving us with The Gut 3.0. UVM appears able to construct plenty of new buildings, just not one that involves their signature sport. (Check that, the signature sport is probably basketball now which, ironically, will be getting a shiny, new, modern facility). UVM has been free-falling in terms of hockey relevance and, unfortunately, this ain't gonna help.

  17. #17
    (Comrade Fox)
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Burlington, VT
    Posts
    1,069

    Re: UVM 2018-19: This is so sad Alex play Esposito

    Quote Originally Posted by Vermont Ref View Post
    The student section is only the middle section. They didn't used to stand all the time, it is very annoying and selfish as others can't see play in the corners. The generation that is all about themselves I guess, sigh.
    Translation: Millenials Are Killing Hockey Sightlines

    Standing in the student section is basic College Hockey in 2018 protocol lol. Also, while it is where most students sit because it offers the best view, the two corner sections around the band can also be sat in by students, and if the band is ginormously big, some of their stragglers stand there
    Last edited by TovarishchLisa; 08-30-2018 at 02:00 PM.
    https://twitter.com/TheVTHockeyBlog
    https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

    Frozen Four: '96, '09
    NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

    UVM record in games I've attended as a student:

    Men's: 22-22-4
    Women's: 11-17-7

    /r/collegehockey moderator
    Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

  18. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 1999
    Location
    Burlington, Vermont,USA
    Posts
    1,268
    Quote Originally Posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
    I've been following UVM hockey since I first stepped on campus in 1983. Since then, there has ALWAYS been talk of building a shiny, new, modern facility. Although construction doesn't appear to be a problem at almost every other school that fields a D1 hockey team, a new arena has never happened at UVM, and probably won't during my lifetime. Gutterson was already refurbished once around 1988 and will be refurbished again soon, leaving us with The Gut 3.0. UVM appears able to construct plenty of new buildings, just not one that involves their signature sport. (Check that, the signature sport is probably basketball now which, ironically, will be getting a shiny, new, modern facility). UVM has been free-falling in terms of hockey relevance and, unfortunately, this ain't gonna help.
    The Gutt and the new hoop arena will share concessions and restrooms. The improved Gutt will include new boxes, media facilities and chairback seating. It will also include major lockeroom and player area improvements.

  19. #19
    Now UVM Cat in Georgia
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    1,338

    Re: UVM 2018-19: This is so sad Alex play Esposito

    Quote Originally Posted by PuckVoice View Post
    The Gutt and the new hoop arena will share concessions and restrooms. The improved Gutt will include new boxes, media facilities and chairback seating. It will also include major lockeroom and player area improvements.
    Thanks for posting George. I honestly do hope it's a gem.

  20. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    219

    Re: UVM 2018-19: This is so sad Alex play Esposito

    I think they are also replacing the refrigeration system.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •