X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: POTUS 45.40: If You Need a Lawyer, Don't Hire Michael Cohen

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
    One point that Trump is lying about (shocking I know, but Sic is in here repeating it for him) is that Manafort was convicted of decade old crimes. Both counts of bank fraud he was found guilty of were committed in 2016.
    Well, you see, when you’re senile you have no concept of time.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I checked in on the Fox news side of the story earlier tonight as I was making dinner and caught Lanny Davis on for a few minutes. It was the oddest thing -- the host was quoting Dershowitz and a former FEC chair both claiming basically that Cohen paying the women and (apparently) Trump then reimbursing Cohen, didn't break campaign finance law or constitute any crime. So then Davis began arguing that yes, it was in fact a crime and one that his client, Cohen, is most certainly guilty of...

I say odd because I don't believe I've ever seen a defense attorney on TV arguing that his client is guilty when told by somebody else that he isn't.

Also Cohen's go fund me page is now up to $125k. Who are these people donating money to Cohen?
      Originally posted by WiscTJK
      I'm with Wisko and Tim.
      Originally posted by Timothy A
      Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Dersh has gone full Trumper...the guy always was an ego maniac but now he is is completely off his rocker.

And yes what they did was illegal. Though yeah I agree it is funny that the defense was saying he is guilty in the face of others saying he isnt. Of course he is pleading out so if he wants his deal he will have to say he is guilty of something.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

It was posted in the last thread, didn't respond before it got locked.

1. The overall cause of Mollie's death was this f*er's attitude towards women. It is pathetic, and many other men have the same attitude. Makes me sick.
          2. A second issue, separate from the first, was this guy wasn't supposed to be here in the first place. Again, this is a SEPARATE but also relevant issue.

Do not associate one issue with the other. One has NO bearing on the other. However, BOTH are relevant issues. If he wasn't here, he wouldn't have the opportunity to commit such a heinous crime (at least in our country).
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            2. A second issue, separate from the first, was this guy wasn't supposed to be here in the first place. Again, this is a SEPARATE but also relevant issue.
            If he wasn't here, he wouldn't have the opportunity to commit such a heinous crime (at least in our country).
            Doesn't change the fact that natural born citizens are more likely to commit crimes than immigrants, illegal or otherwise. But because this case caught the national eye, Republicans will use this to paint all immigrants with a broad brush.

Next time Farmer Joe kills someone in a drunk driving accident, I'm sure Fox News and Trump will use a similarly broad brush.
            Last edited by unofan; 08-22-2018, 09:36 PM.

Comment

About him....

Murder suspect Cristhian Bahena Rivera worked under fake name

When Rivera was hired in 2014, he presented an out-of-state government-issued photo identification and a matching Social Security card, he said. That information was run through the Social Security Administration's employment-verification system and checked out, he said.
              "He showed up every day, and he did his job. He was patted on his back. They turned a blind eye to the reality of documentation," [Rivera's defense attorney, Allan] Richards said.
              So who's fault is this? Mollie Tibbetts for being a pretty young woman? The farm for following the legal minimum requirements but not finding out he was actually illegal? Cristhian Rivera for coming to America illegally as a child? The US Government for not stopping Rivera (and his family?) at the border?
              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

I know the defense attorney. Let's just say I'd probably use a first year, freshly minted public defender over him, and I'll leave it at that.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                  About him....

Murder suspect Cristhian Bahena Rivera worked under fake name

So who's fault is this? Mollie Tibbetts for being a pretty young woman? The farm for following the legal minimum requirements but not finding out he was actually illegal? Cristhian Rivera for coming to America illegally as a child? The US Government for not stopping Rivera (and his family?) at the border?
                  Rivera for his attitude towards women is the #1 blame. Period.

The rest is secondary blame, but also valid reason.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                    I know the defense attorney. Let's just say I'd probably use a first year, freshly minted public defender over him, and I'll leave it at that.
                    Yikes.
                    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                      Yikes.
                      I'd be fine with that. This little *er needs to be punished.

Comment

It was posted in the last thread, didn't respond before it got locked.

Do not associate one issue with the other. One has NO bearing on the other. However, BOTH are relevant issues. If he wasn't here, he wouldn't have the opportunity to commit such a heinous crime (at least in our country).
                        Say a CEO commits securities fraud then later goes on to kill his wife. Should we then have a national freakout session over how lax we are on pursuing white collar criminals? I mean, if he would have been in jail, he wouldn't have had the opportunity to kill his wife!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
                          Say a CEO commits securities fraud then later goes on to kill his wife. Should we then have a national freakout session over how lax we are on pursuing white collar criminals? I mean, if he would have been in jail, he wouldn't have had the opportunity to kill his wife!!!
                          We are lax on that. And when "convicted" they go to some country club prison. If they are convicted. Most likely fined, and oftentimes the fine is not even close to what they make from the golden parachute when they are fired for such crime. Nice try, though.

Comment

We are lax on that. And when "convicted" they go to some country club prison. If they are convicted. Most likely fined, and oftentimes the fine is not even close to what they make from the golden parachute when they are fired for such crime. Nice try, though.
                            Wooooosh

Comment

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
                              Wooooosh
                              Nope. If that CEO was convicted, like s/he should have been, then no, no opportunity to commit future crimes.

However, and this AGAIN is the secondary blame, that is less important than the attitude of the criminal committing the more brutal crime.

Comment

Nope. If that CEO was convicted, like s/he should have been, then no, no opportunity to commit future crimes.

However, and this AGAIN is the secondary blame, that is less important than the attitude of the criminal committing the more brutal crime.
                                Exactly. And in such a scenario do you honestly think anyone would be focusing on the white collar criminal aspect? This white collar criminal killed his wife! We must go after white collar criminals!

Comment

Working...
                                X