X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.40: If You Need a Lawyer, Don't Hire Michael Cohen

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
    Allen Weisselberg, longtime Trump Organization CFO, was granted immunity in Cohen Probe
    Well there shouldn't be much question over whether Trump is the target any more.
    Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
      Allen Weisselberg, longtime Trump Organization CFO, was granted immunity in Cohen Probe
      Ruh Ro!

Of course it is anything like Cohen Congress will be sure to act swiftly!

I swear it is like they think Hillary won...they had a whole play book in mind to destroy her including having it be rigged. Problem is she lost and they have no other plans so they go forward with the same plan.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

-aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
            And?

To people who are actually concerned about the rule of law, flipping is just reporting that someone is breaking the law, and that's a good thing.

To the people breaking the law, it's a very bad thing.
            The main thing is you have to question the credibility of anyone who just flips and is getting preferential treatment out of it. But the thing is, it's something used to convict more typical criminals and ones who don't have access to the best lawyers (Trump certainly has access he's just not very good at picking them lol) and it's funny to see someone as powerful and as pampered as Trump complaining about how the average criminal is treated. Others have mentioned that it'd be kinda hilarious if some progressive reforms came out of this because Trump perceives himself or others being treated "unfairly".

Comment

No competent prosecutor would ever offer a deal in return for accusations, not even for accusations under oath. If you want a deal, you'd better be able to provide *evidence* of a crime. No prosecutor is going to give up his jailbird-in-hand just so he can get into a he-said-she-said stalemate with the bigger fish.
              If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                No competent prosecutor would ever offer a deal in return for accusations, not even for accusations under oath. If you want a deal, you'd better be able to provide *evidence* of a crime. No prosecutor is going to give up his jailbird-in-hand just so he can get into a he-said-she-said stalemate with the bigger fish.
                Yup. What you say has to be corroborated or it is worthless.
                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Eh, people have gotten convicted over the words of jailhouse informants (granted this is different in that they're already convicted and serving time, so different from Cohen who took a plea) who were trying to cut a deal for themselves when the defense is really terrible at their jobs. For the most part you're right though.

Comment

• Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                    Eh, people have gotten convicted over the words of jailhouse informants (granted this is different in that they're already convicted and serving time, so different from Cohen who took a plea) who were trying to cut a deal for themselves when the defense is really terrible at their jobs. For the most part you're right though.
                    Usually those words are along the lines of, "you'll find a body in the freezer in my cellmate's basement." Sure, just words, since that guy's never been in that basement, but easily verified as true or false. I don't think anyone could get a deal by claiming that thier cellmate was the real Jack the Ripper.
                    If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Yeah and judges dont like jailhouse informants too much because credibility is an issue since, you know, they are criminals. There has to be more than just heresay there needs to be evidence to back up the heresay.
                      -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Usually those words are along the lines of, "you'll find a body in the freezer in my cellmate's basement." Sure, just words, since that guy's never been in that basement, but easily verified as true or false. I don't think anyone could get a deal by claiming that thier cellmate was the real Jack the Ripper.
                        I'm not going to pretend to know how common it is but there are a number of people who have been convicted on faulty information provided by jailhouse snitches that could've discredited by a more competent lawyer. Like I said though this is generally in cases where the person on trial doesn't have access to good legal help or their lawyer is just an idiot. In Cohen/Dump's case it's highly doubtful that he doesn't have useful information that can help the prosecution.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                          I'm not going to pretend to know how common it is but there are a number of people who have been convicted on faulty information provided by jailhouse snitches that could've discredited by a more competent lawyer. Like I said though this is generally in cases where the person on trial doesn't have access to good legal help or their lawyer is just an idiot. In Cohen/Dump's case it's highly doubtful that he doesn't have useful information that can help the prosecution.
                          Immunity is often dependent upon the "snitch" providing truthful information. If the person intentionally misleads, or is found to have been withholding vital details, then immunity can be revoked. There may also be different types of deals about which I'm unaware, as I won't pretend to be a lawyer.
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                            Immunity is often dependent upon the "snitch" providing truthful information. If the person intentionally misleads, or is found to have been withholding vital details, then immunity can be revoked. There may also be different types of deals about which I'm unaware, as I won't pretend to be a lawyer.
                            And in this case, they are surely not relying on just personal opinions of specific people. If the person can supply information, that can also be gotten via a different path- which basically confirms the data from multiple sources, then they can really use that to nail someone.

I see them trying to just poke holes in dumpy's constant likes and adjustments to what happened. It's amazing that they have let this go on that badly, as all it ends up doing is adding to possible obstruction problems- every point the excuse changes, or more correctly, the cover up changes.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                              Right when immunity is being offered they would need verifiable/credible information I would imagine.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Ron Rosenstein can't be far behind. And that's the equivalent to the "Saturday Night Massacre". So, I do not understand how these Republicans can be running around in favor of removing Jeff Sessions.
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X