X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.40: If You Need a Lawyer, Don't Hire Michael Cohen

Originally posted by rufus View Post

My dad, who to his credit has completely abandoned his "give Trump a chance" stance (despite still watching Faux a whole lot) has kind of bought into this crap. He was talking about how his paycheck is a bit bigger now than it was prior to Chump. He doesnt seem to get that he wont be keeping that money long term...and even if he was $25 a week isnt worth the damage being done. He also isnt as upset as he should be that he has to work full time at 71 and that the GOP run government is screwing him on his entitlements. He is lucky my gf has a condo she lets them rent at zero profit (its worth at least 30% more than they are paying monthly) because they cant afford to live anywhere else.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      My dad, who to his credit has completely abandoned his "give Trump a chance" stance (despite still watching Faux a whole lot) has kind of bought into this crap. He was talking about how his paycheck is a bit bigger now than it was prior to Chump. He doesnt seem to get that he wont be keeping that money long term...and even if he was $25 a week isnt worth the damage being done. He also isnt as upset as he should be that he has to work full time at 71 and that the GOP run government is screwing him on his entitlements. He is lucky my gf has a condo she lets them rent at zero profit (its worth at least 30% more than they are paying monthly) because they cant afford to live anywhere else.
      Your dad is probably a good example of why we liberals need to be careful the way we demonize and write off those who voted for Trump. I'm guilty of that, despite the fact that I know quite a few people "back home" who voted for him (and some still support him over any dem) but whom I like and respect for the kind of people they are.

From where I sit, supporting Trump has no rational explanation other than greed or ignorance, but it's hard to ignore the fact that a lot of smart, hard working, generous, honest people don't see it that way.

Comment

My dad didnt vote for him...just wouldnt speak out against him when he won.

Speaking of Trump Vote Early Vote Often!
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
          Going to need a statement of fact, not opinion, that is false. Then need actual damages in many instances. Plus, if the target is a public person, you’ll need actual malice.
          He posts statements that are not fact all the time. He encourages people to boycott, denigrates reputations, encourages others to do the same. I cannot think of another motivation except for malice. Frequently he prefaces the statement with how the person/company did X and then encourages his followers to make the person [suffer the consequences by...] How is this not illegal? Seriously if I decided to tweet out this type of thing regarding a fellow citizen, encourage people to harm them or their business for a reason that is demonstrably false or publicly professed statements regarding their character I am pretty sure they could come after me. Someone in my area did this re another public figure in town, posting false things to smear their reputation. Got sued, had to pay damages and they took down the accounts.

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

Sigh. Why do tweets like this work with any "base". Seriously. How ****ing stupid is this base?
          Is this a trick question?

Originally posted by burd View Post
          One rational explanation for this clown is that he is intentionally fu**ing up on a daily basis just to see how stupid or corrupt his supporters are. He either has money on it or thinks he can use it as a pilot.

The only other one is that he is truly deserving of Article 25.
          He has a personality disorder that makes him completely devoid of empathy and crave attention and accolades. When people don't give that to him he gives it to himself.

Originally posted by burd View Post
          Your dad is probably a good example of why we liberals need to be careful the way we demonize and write off those who voted for Trump. I'm guilty of that, despite the fact that I know quite a few people "back home" who voted for him (and some still support him over any dem) but whom I like and respect for the kind of people they are.

From where I sit, supporting Trump has no rational explanation other than greed or ignorance, but it's hard to ignore the fact that a lot of smart, hard working, generous, honest people don't see it that way.
          THe same could be said for the people who refuse vaccines for their kids. It tracks just like someone with a phobia/obsession does. They have a gut feeling of rightness that they need to avoid or have the thing. No amount of reason or logic sways them because they can't register anything that challenges the rightness of their feelings. Challenge the belief and you get severe reactions to defend against rationality. You can't have a reasonable conversation and no amount of fact will sway them, even when it interferes with their life or puts them in harms way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

I love the fact that there is a spot to put your name in the email in. If one of you gets a nasty email from the Don please please please post it
            Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

That poll is ****ing sick. I hope Democrats flood the site.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

The best part is he obviously put it up so his MAGAtes could vote and skew the numbers and he could use it as proof the world hates the media. Now it is going to backfire
                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Sicatoka is your father???
                  "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
                  Groucho Marx
                  "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
                  Ron White
                  "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
                  Milo Bloom

Comment

-aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

-aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by busterman62 View Post
                        Sicatoka is your father???
                        My dad would never cheer for UND
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

-aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

It's going to be super awkward when everyone fails.
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I want to care but I dont. The Red States can burn...
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                It's going to be super awkward when everyone fails.
                                As far out as the Times stuck their neck, they have to be holding another card.

Comment

Working...
                                X