X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.40: If You Need a Lawyer, Don't Hire Michael Cohen

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    These are the same self-righteous, left-wing imbeciles that called for a boycott of Chick-fil-a. And the same self-righteous, right-wing imbeciles that are currently calling for a boycott of Nike.

The difference is that In N Out is actually good, whereas Chick-fil-a is mediocre at best, and Nike runs sweatshops.
    And New Balance was a big Trump supporter in an election where 80k votes made the difference.

Why is boycotting bad? If policy is terrible, would you avoid protesting it strictly 'because its self righteous'? If an acquaintance is a jerk off, would you be fine with that? Life has consequences = I think it makes perfect sense to take more into account than just price. Serious question.
    Last edited by 5mn_Major; 09-08-2018, 06:57 AM.
    Go Gophers!

Comment

I don't care if Nike uses sweatshops in relation to this ad campaign. If people are upset with Nike for that I'm sure they're already not buying their products. None of that discredits an attempt to promote a healthy message unless you're really incapable of thinking outside the box.

The deplorables will surely be triggered and well f##k them.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
        I boycott In N Out because it sucks. I’d rather eat out of a dumpster.
        Be my guest.
        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Tucker Carlson: Whites Only

Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
            Tucker Carlson: Whites Only

I didnt realize they left that sign up at Ellis after desegregation.

Whites Only sounds awfully boring. Especially when he clearly means white, straight, Christian men.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              I didnt realize they left that sign up at Ellis after desegregation.

Whites Only sounds awfully boring. Especially when he clearly means white, straight, Christian men.
              That's what it's always meant, though. With some slight changes to include the Italians and Irish over the years.
              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                Glad to see Repubs finally embracing affirmative action.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DmfyhrGU4AIA2E0.jpg
                I thought only democrats paid people to go to rallies
                Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                  I don't care if Nike uses sweatshops in relation to this ad campaign. If people are upset with Nike for that I'm sure they're already not buying their products. None of that discredits an attempt to promote a healthy message unless you're really incapable of thinking outside the box.

The deplorables will surely be triggered and well f##k them.
                  I posted an article from marketing and economics site that was an analysis of the plan. Nothing to do with politics. More looking at variables and the demographics. In the article they have 'live' links that show the current market performance of various stocks they were discussing. Very dry but I find the science of marketing fascinating. A couple of people instantly responded politically, denying what was in the article (live facts) and one clearly had ony seen the pic. I doubt he made it to the title of the article. Went completely off the rails giving me all sorts of political reasons for why I was posting, accusing me of having X stance, etc. How the feck can you get so freaked out about an article that is basically discussing the 'science' behind the decision- numbers, demographics, market shares, etc? People are bat sh1t crazy. And Marketing is really scarily honed.

If there really is a Deep State I think it is sponsored by Big Pharma. The medical fallout of all this crazy is increased prescribing of BP meds and psych meds.

Comment

Cant remember if it was posted, but there is video out there of the Trump rally in Montana where a dude behind Trump (who wasnt cheering much) was asked to move and was replaced by a much more enthusiastic young lady. Then an ugly Rube is pushed aside so her cohort who is young and blonde can stand next to her. (live on tv) These are things most politicians do a better job of hiding.

this was he guy who was asked to leave:

Last edited by Handyman; 09-08-2018, 10:02 AM.
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                      ...And Marketing is really scarily honed. ...
                      Slightly off-topic, but yes, marketing can absolutely be scarily on point. So much so that Target's internal marketing has the ability to pinpoint the shopping habits of a new expectant mom long before it may be obvious.

(And here's the NY Times article the Forbes article is based upon)
                      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                        Slightly off-topic, but yes, marketing can absolutely be scarily on point. So much so that Target's internal marketing has the ability to pinpoint the shopping habits of a new expectant mom long before it may be obvious.

(And here's the NY Times article the Forbes article is based upon)
                        I love Psych stuff. They've been developing this science for yrs and now they can predict just about anything as long as they know the population. Speaking as someone who dealt with patients for a few decades I can attest that much of what people do is very predictable. And also there are things that are not malleable about them. It is a bit mind boggling to know they can do it for populations of people rather than a small group.

Comment

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

duh.

everyone knows you attract the most flies with a dead squirrel
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                              duh.

everyone knows you attract the most flies with a dead squirrel
                              The telling part is that the Trumpers are so stupid that they legitimately think it might not have occurred to a NYT writer that Trump would like her better if she wrote nice thimgs about Trump. Don't know the writer myself, but I am guessing she could have figured that out on her own.
                              If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Except from Jeff Pearlman’s book about the USFL (“Football for a Buck”) is a chapter about Trump: Bombastic from the start, a jerk on purpose.
                                And, in response to Trump’s whining about the NFL and Nike:

The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X