X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.40: If You Need a Lawyer, Don't Hire Michael Cohen

Originally posted by rufus View Post
    More than on 9/11. And no one gives a crap.

And yet here we are 17 years later, still putting on this show of mourning.
    I spoke with my father a couple of years ago about the attitude of the country after WWII. He's an Army Air Forces/Army Air Corp/Air Force veteran who served during the years in the immediate aftermath of the the end of the war. No one harped over and over about Pearl Harbor day during those years, and we were coming out of the biggest conflict the world had ever seen. In the years after WWII, we wanted to move on and rebuild their lives. Nearly every American was personally touched by the ravages of the war, either through the loss of a close relative, someone close coming back physically maimed or at the very least a son, brother, father or uncle (and sisters, moms or aunts too to a certain extent) serving somewhere far away. The events of 9-11 and the 17 years of the global war on terror that have followed, by contrast, haven't had a close personal touch on the majority of Americans. But we sure do feel good seeing our presidents and our other leaders (of BOTH parties) pausing to reflect, hand over hearts -- or pumping fists I suppose -- and vowing America will fight on. What the Hell are we fighting for? I don't think it's healthy.

Comment

I wonder if it finally dawned on Paul Ryan that trickle down doesn't work. Or is he that ****ing stupid? Or, maybe he just doesn't care.

How does one become a Congressman and work in public service and not have one empathetic bone in your body?

Is Ayn Rand really that powerful?
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Appears Trump is going to try and pay for his tax cut by putting a pay freeze on Federal Workers. Who are mostly middle class. What a shock.

http://www.rollcall.com/news/policy/...t-driving-debt

Federal worker compensation, repeatedly used as a piggy bank to fund other priorities earlier this decade, is once again in budget cutters’ crosshairs. The latest catalyst is President Donald Trump’s desire to shrink costs associated with the “administrative state,” both by freezing civil workers’ pay next year and making them contribute more to their pensions.

The pay freeze issue is coming to a head as soon as this month, when Congress decides whether to incorporate Trump’s proposal or allow a 1.9 percent boost to federal worker pay next year, as contained in a bipartisan Senate spending package approved on a 92-6 vote last month.
        That savings will be a pittance.

Whether the ultimate raise for federal workers next year is zero or 1.9 percent is basically immaterial to government finances — roughly $2 billion saved out of a $4.1 trillion budget, though the savings would grow over time due to the reduced baseline.

According to a Roll Call analysis, the reduction would be the equivalent of just 1 percent of total projected spending on direct pay for civilian federal workers next year, and about 0.5 percent of total compensation for current and former employees, including health benefits and retiree pensions.

And if Congress doesn’t reduce discretionary spending caps at the same time, federal agencies would still have the extra money to spend — just not on salaries — so it wouldn’t actually “save” even that de minimis amount
        And my favorite part.

Targeting federal worker compensation remains popular with the conservative base, including the Heritage Foundation think tank that once employed James Sherk — now one of Trump’s top domestic policy aides and a longtime advocate of reining in the civilian bureaucracy.
        The conservative base needs to go. It needs to be voted out of existence. So glad that ***** wasn't elected. Why isn't she in jail?
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
          It might not be so bad. There are a lot of white people on the North Carolina coast.
          Whatever. But you need to have systems in place and competent management for them to be effective. I won't hold my breath.
          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            Appears Trump is going to try and pay for his tax cut by putting a pay freeze on Federal Workers. Who are mostly middle class. What a shock.

http://www.rollcall.com/news/policy/...t-driving-debt

That savings will be a pittance.

And my favorite part.

The conservative base needs to go. It needs to be voted out of existence. So glad that ***** wasn't elected. Why isn't she in jail?
            Yeah, this is ridiculously dumb.
            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
              Whatever. But you need to have systems in place and competent management for them to be effective. I won't hold my breath.
              The scariest part for me is Norfolk. That is probably one of the five most important places in our country. It will be quite a test for Trump if it gets damaged. It sounds like most of the ships have already left.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                It’ll be Obama’s fault when they don’t get aid

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                  Yeah, this is ridiculously dumb.
                  Yeah, I mean seriously, if Clinton were in jail everything would be perfect right now.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                    I wonder if it finally dawned on Paul Ryan that trickle down doesn't work. Or is he that ****ing stupid? Or, maybe he just doesn't care.

How does one become a Congressman and work in public service and not have one empathetic bone in your body?

Is Ayn Rand really that powerful?
                    Ryan's just different than McCain.

McCain stuck it out as long as humanly possible...fighting the good fight for the country until his last breath. Although having fingerprints all over it, Ryan is bailing because he sees storms on the horizon and doesn't want to be around when it hits the fan.
                    Go Gophers!

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                      Yeah, I mean seriously, if Clinton were in jail everything would be perfect right now.
                      Yeah, her and some of the media.

To be clear, I meant Trump’s idea not to give the raises was stupid, not your post.

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                        Ryan's just different than McCain.

McCain stuck it out as long as humanly possible...fighting the good fight for the country until his last breath. Although having fingerprints all over it, Ryan is bailing because he sees storms on the horizon and doesn't want to be around when it hits the fan.
                        For all of McCain's greatness he was also stupid enough to believe in trickle down. He was just another panderer to the rich and powerful.

Comment

Working...
                        X