Page 1 of 51 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: POTUS 45.40: If You Need a Lawyer, Don't Hire Michael Cohen

POTUS 45.40: If You Need a Lawyer, Don't Hire Michael Cohen

Continue.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: No Heart

(((NPC)))

Re: POTUS 45.40: If You Need a Lawyer, Don't Hire Michael Cohen

You beat me by like 10 seconds!!

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    You beat me by like 10 seconds!!

Sorry. I waited a while.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: No Heart

One point that Trump is lying about (shocking I know, but Sic is in here repeating it for him) is that Manafort was convicted of decade old crimes. Both counts of bank fraud he was found guilty of were committed in 2016.

(((NPC)))

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

rock and roller
    no man's land, between wildcat and black bear territory

fter all the stuff yesterday there still isn’t any evidence of collusion. It’s time to stop wasting taxpayer money and end the investigation.

Question for Drew: What'd you think of the 11 separate investigations into Benghazi?
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    Question for Drew: What'd you think of the 11 separate investigations into Benghazi?
    They weren’t comprehensive enough. Four people actually died in Benghazi.

Trump is the victim here. He was a political novice who unfortunately trusted the wrong people.

(((NPC)))

-aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

(((NPC)))

Quote Originally Posted by Drew S. View Post

Trump is the victim here. He was a political novice who unfortunately trusted the wrong people.
    Obvious troll is obvious. Just stop not even you are this stupid. Hell even Flaggy isnt this stupid.
    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

rock and roller
    no man's land, between wildcat and black bear territory

Drew's a Russian trollbot?
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Already insane, UAA making it worse

Just a boring user.

Uh, no. He told his attorney to make an illegal payment to make someone quiet. That's what his attorney said in court yesterday while pleading guilty.

dumpy has been around long enough to know who to trust and who not to trust, if you think this is some kind of new movement, you should know that he's been doing business for a long time, and if he's not capable of choosing the right people after so many years running a company, that just says that he's completely incompetent to not only run a business (which is a fact) he's not even close to qualified running this country.

How you don't see that is shocking.

BTW, you keep going on with this need for collusion- when will you remember that Mueller is just looking at the russian involvement into the election- which you said before you were against. If there's collusion in that, well, that's dumpy's problem, not Mueller.

Yeah they only spent like thousands of hours on it and found nothing but ok. Also being dumb isn't a get out of jail free pass.

Just a boring user.

BTW, this witch hunt is doing a better job than if they did this same thing in Harry Potter- they are finding witches and warlocks in all corners of this administration.

I bet you were first in line to tell us Obama had no business being President because he had no experience, and he seemed to do a competent job of not hiring a flock of criminals. Given that he prides himself on only hiring the best people, if you want to give him the benefit of the doubt, maybe he is just an enormous fraud?

Quote Originally Posted by alfablue View Post
    Uh, no. He told his attorney to make an illegal payment to make someone quiet. That's what his attorney said in court yesterday while pleading guilty.

dumpy has been around long enough to know who to trust and who not to trust, if you think this is some kind of new movement, you should know that he's been doing business for a long time, and if he's not capable of choosing the right people after so many years running a company, that just says that he's completely incompetent to not only run a business (which is a fact) he's not even close to qualified running this country.

How you don't see that is shocking.

BTW, you keep going on with this need for collusion- when will you remember that Mueller is just looking at the russian involvement into the election- which you said before you were against. If there's collusion in that, well, that's dumpy's problem, not Mueller.
    Let me ask this question, not just of you alfa, but of others here.

Do you guys think that Cohen and/or Trump knew the Daniels payoff was an illegal campaign donation?

See I don't, and that's what I find a bit amusing about the situation for them.

I don't think they had a clue that campaign finance laws would be triggered by that payoff, that's how stupid and in over their heads they were in this campaign.

It certainly doesn't excuse the conduct. It's illegal and I have no problem with prison sentences for violators.

But what the story really shows is how Trump's advisors basically take his lead and "wing" everything, as opposed to actually sitting down and thinking through problems and figuring out whether you can actually do something or not.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Well yeah I would agree, they're corrupt as hell but also hilariously incompetent on a number of things.

Quote Originally Posted by trixR4kids View Post
    Yeah they only spent like thousands of hours on it and found nothing but ok. Also being dumb isn't a get out of jail free pass.
    Yeah, should have spent more time on it!!
    He’s shown us time and time again he is really this stupid

I don't know if it's a reflection of how stupid and in over their heads they were (both are true for sure) or more a reflection of how Trump has viewed the law all his life. Laws are for poor people, why even bother to know them when you can buy or bully your way around them.

Just a boring user.

Quote Originally Posted by SJHovey View Post
    Let me ask this question, not just of you alfa, but of others here.

Do you guys think that Cohen and/or Trump knew the Daniels payoff was an illegal campaign donation?

See I don't, and that's what I find a bit amusing about the situation for them.

I don't think they had a clue that campaign finance laws would be triggered by that payoff, that's how stupid and in over their heads they were in this campaign.

It certainly doesn't excuse the conduct. It's illegal and I have no problem with prison sentences for violators.

But what the story really shows is how Trump's advisors basically take his lead and "wing" everything, as opposed to actually sitting down and thinking through problems and figuring out whether you can actually do something or not.
    Yes, by the time that the payment happened, dump was THE candidate, and Cohen was his lawyer. So they had to know the campaign finance laws, or at least were informed of them. More important, if they didn't know it was against the law, why so much effort to hide it, deny it, and keep making stories up about it. Just say- I'm sorry, we didn't know that was illegal, and move on. All they did was hide, excuse, deny, etc- over this whole issue. If you really think they didn't know, I'm not sure how you interpret what they have been doing and saying.

But if they didn't....

1) not knowing a law is not an excuse for the fact that you broke the law.

2) if they didn't know, then Cohen is a pretty bad lawyer and dumpy is a pretty bad candidate for choosing bad lawyers and a whole lot of people who were working for him. Exactly what we don't want as President.

Thread Information