Oswego State 2018-19 Back To Work... #ItsAGreatDayToBeALaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Oswego State 2018-19 Back To Work... #ItsAGreatDayToBeALaker

The double shut out of last year's Whiteout are just a distant memory. Congratulations on a great weekend and a truely superior job Saturday night!

Comment

A great game last night. Both teams played a great game but we got the bounces last night. A couple of take aways from the weekend. Novick was the man this weekend. He was all over the place both games. The freshman played great for both games with a lot of composure. Sorta of reminds me of years past of the diaper line of the 87 team. I was really impressed of Pelnik Saturday. This was his best game of his career by far. I hope he continues this play for the rest of his Laker career. We finally played a game that is worthy of a 10 ten team Saturday, and our PPK finally showed up.
      Oswego '88

Comment

Originally posted by DIIIFan View Post
        A great game last night. Both teams played a great game but we got the bounces last night. A couple of take aways from the weekend. Novick was the man this weekend. He was all over the place both games. The freshman played great for both games with a lot of composure. Sorta of reminds me of years past of the diaper line of the 87 team. I was really impressed of Pelnik Saturday. This was his best game of his career by far. I hope he continues this play for the rest of his Laker career. We finally played a game that is worthy of a 10 ten team Saturday, and our PPK finally showed up.
        Oswego '88
        Of course I don't show and we take the weekend in fine fashion,I must be a jinks...Only caught the Platty game and we played a complete game,looked jacked up all game and made our breaks/bounces..DIII nailed it as well,Novick had pep in his step and Pelnick did play a very good game,he could be a BIG help if he keeps that up.Lecler did have a few good moves/plays and got rewarded for crashing the net with one off his foot.Richer closed the door when needed with a few big saves,nice to see him step up.Gillespie got robbed off his toe drag.Emerson goal was a snippppp.Molinaro xrossbar ugh...Nenadal was all over the ice very good game by him,throws the body ,love it wish we had a few more yrs of him...all around nice win

Comment

Drafty, you're no jinx!!! I was in the wheelhouse for both games, spent some time with Ed, Red and the sheriff Friday and Saturday morning...the preparation paid off...the boys responded. Friday night was a tale of two games - we spent the first two periods in Lala land...third period was a solid effort - got the W and showed what could happen Saturday...as you pointed out, Saturday was three solid periods, winning the small battles, being physical and smart. We were much faster, played quicker and was sharp all around.

One pet peeve - Waterstreet would look at players the wrong way with his big body and get whistled...Platty has two aircraft carriers who played tough...no whistles...not saying they did anything bad, but a few guys around me said what I was thinking....

Let's hope everyone has a good break, the wounded heal and the rest come back hungry. Go Lakers!
          LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
            Drafty, you're no jinx!!! I was in the wheelhouse for both games, spent some time with Ed, Red and the sheriff Friday and Saturday morning...the preparation paid off...the boys responded. Friday night was a tale of two games - we spent the first two periods in Lala land...third period was a solid effort - got the W and showed what could happen Saturday...as you pointed out, Saturday was three solid periods, winning the small battles, being physical and smart. We were much faster, played quicker and was sharp all around.

One pet peeve - Waterstreet would look at players the wrong way with his big body and get whistled...Platty has two aircraft carriers who played tough...no whistles...not saying they did anything bad, but a few guys around me said what I was thinking....

Let's hope everyone has a good break, the wounded heal and the rest come back hungry. Go Lakers!
            Thanks LEL hope to make a playoff game to make up for it,,,,,Your correct with Waterstreet,if he nailed a guy the arm went up and to the sin bin for him,their 2 big boys seemed to hold a lot in the corners from what I saw,we did out hustle them in the corners and back checking,and it showed in the end...hope the break serves us well,not sure about injuries but yet to see Macmillian?? and a few others....stay warm all...

Comment

So do we think we will lose any players over the break??….rumors??? Happy Holidays as well...

Comment

• Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                So do we think we will lose any players over the break??….rumors??? Happy Holidays as well...
                It's been reported, we lost three, one was a surprise. Huffnagle (wonder what went down with this one), Farabee (never really got a good shot I felt don't like the loss of him), and Tyson Bruce (didn't fit our style really, a bit to slow but gave great effort)

Comment

GameDay - WTOP10 will broadcast game with "skinny" crew (I guess that means under 135lb to make weight)...WNYO on the air as well....let's see how the break treated the boys and who comes back hungry....
                  LakerEagleLover

Comment

Originally posted by OZrebel View Post
                    It's been reported, we lost three, one was a surprise. Huffnagle (wonder what went down with this one), Farabee (never really got a good shot I felt don't like the loss of him), and Tyson Bruce (didn't fit our style really, a bit to slow but gave great effort)
                    Huffnagle has moves but made to many at times,maybe worked in Jr;s but not on this level...Didn't get to see much of Farabee and Bruce never had much for numbers like he did in Jr's....if they are gone best to'em,sure they will get ice elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
                      GameDay - WTOP10 will broadcast game with "skinny" crew (I guess that means under 135lb to make weight)...WNYO on the air as well....let's see how the break treated the boys and who comes back hungry....
                      I'll take skinny and TOP anyday over most fat crews...Many thanks to them...

Comment

• Looking forward to taking in my first game at the Campus Center since 2010 tomorrow. Last game I was at was Oswego/Adrian. Oswego won 5-2 IIRC.
                        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                        GO LAKERS!!!
                        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                        Oswego State '09

Comment

• Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                          Looking forward to taking in my first game at the Campus Center since 2010 tomorrow. Last game I was at was Oswego/Adrian. Oswego won 5-2 IIRC.
                          Prez....let the radio and tv boys know you are in the house...they are probably hurting for guests...
                          LakerEagleLover

Comment

It’s bounce back day...interested to see how the team responds. Hopefully we finish better than last night.
                            LakerEagleLover

Comment

• Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                              Looking forward to taking in my first game at the Campus Center since 2010 tomorrow. Last game I was at was Oswego/Adrian. Oswego won 5-2 IIRC.
                              You mean the Marano Campus Center. Names have changed since you’ve been there... :-)
                              Russell Jaslow
                              [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                              U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

5 goals in 1st period. What’s the over/under?
                                LakerEagleLover

Comment

Working...
                                X