Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Oswego State 2018-19 Back To Work... #ItsAGreatDayToBeALaker

Originally posted by BKrosky View Post
    It's a home hockey game - so there will be video per the usual.
    WTOP-10 will have their normal broadcast. I know for WNYO, the radio station, tryouts will be happening, so there will be different crews all three periods. However, for the fall semester, play-by-play with be Sam Sandler and color will Cole Parzych.

The Oswegonian will also have a post-game story after the game with quotes from Gosek.
    Ben Grieco

SUNY Oswego, Class of 2021
    The Oswegonian, Sports Editor

Comment

Originally posted by BKrosky View Post
      It's a home hockey game - so there will be video per the usual.
      10-4 thanks,just asking because the other exhibition games that were played did not have any video,but then they don't have WTOP...…..Looking forward to watching between all the softball games the little one has...

Comment

First group getting a run tonight looks small, lets hope we stayed fast.

Comment

Fast and finesse first 15 minutes, then got sloppy. Richer has two mit slams but no luck, kinda bizarre, how goal one came against him. Goal 2 for naz was corner stick side, richer was screened by the defender.

3-2 Oswego after 1

Comment

Fast 3 goals then penalties seemed to take the flow of the game away.....Spink with 2 markers stood out ...Antinucci on D looked very good,after that it was blur off special teams,with not much good to say about either......WTOP was very good..

Comment

We seemed to continue the never ending cycling then one misspass breaks it all up again with our PP. Hopefully we can drop that down to 2-3 passes then shoot. We had what seemed like 5-7 then a messup turnover so many times last night.

Comment

The PP was terrible last year. Unless they can find some outside shooters like Hulsof, Galatti and Johnson, the PP plan must change. The lone goal scored in the last three games last year was, PP, Herlihey passing it to Emmersson down low and #9 doesn't hesitate, he turns and jams in from the side of the net. Emmersson made the exact play on the PP Sat. night, didn't score but it was the best chance of the PP, the play is almost always there. Ed has to work down low he doesn't have the outside bombers in this group, I think.

Anyways, I have very high expectations this year. We lost only 1 key player from a team that clinched the SUNYAC title a week before the season ended, I think we forget that because of the last three games. We added lots up front including the kid from Buffalo State. We don't seem to have a super stud on D, but they may be good enough. Maybe Brun in his final year will finally reach his potential.

It's been 4 years without a SUNYAC playoff championship. I think it's our turn, our year. Go Lakers.

Comment

Passero is going to be the most interesting guy on the PP. He's going to be in that Botten/Herlihey near side role (Interesting considering Gosek prefers lefties in that spot) in where he makes the cross-ice pass to Gillespie (Galati role). Gillespie is the most skilled natural scorer on the team, but didn't have that impact on the PP last year.

Zizek and Berry will sit in the slot and get a few quick wristers, and Emerson will get his down just with effort, but Passero and Gillespie are the X Factors.

Originally posted by coasttocoast View Post
                  The PP was terrible last year. Unless they can find some outside shooters like Hulsof, Galatti and Johnson, the PP plan must change. The lone goal scored in the last three games last year was, PP, Herlihey passing it to Emmersson down low and #9 doesn't hesitate, he turns and jams in from the side of the net. Emmersson made the exact play on the PP Sat. night, didn't score but it was the best chance of the PP, the play is almost always there. Ed has to work down low he doesn't have the outside bombers in this group, I think.

Anyways, I have very high expectations this year. We lost only 1 key player from a team that clinched the SUNYAC title a week before the season ended, I think we forget that because of the last three games. We added lots up front including the kid from Buffalo State. We don't seem to have a super stud on D, but they may be good enough. Maybe Brun in his final year will finally reach his potential.

It's been 4 years without a SUNYAC playoff championship. I think it's our turn, our year. Go Lakers.

Comment

Special teams are big,really big at crunch time.... I think Penalty kill should be very aggressive,force turnovers etc....PP needs more movement,I like the Geneseo PP they cycle up high and move a lot,we have the skill for that,our PP is very conventional and the other teams have no one to fear at this time like a gallati or Hulshof which made them shade to one side which opened up the other....We have all season to get it right and the coaches will figure who and where to put the players by crunch time,that is when we really need it...…...

Comment

On opening weekend for most, another warm up and chance to continue recovering.

Heard Berry is a little banged up and MacMillan is out for awhile, any other words out there?

Comment

Nice game vs. a team that I didn't think would give that much trouble to Oz, but they do have/had many D1 players going thru the system...They were very fast the first period and gave our dmen a hard time which is good....Bottom line we wore them down with so many players coming out line after line......Biggest thing in the box score was.....pause.....Mike Montagna linesman,if its the same player from a few years ago Oswego2015 pretty funny/bizarre,anyone else notice,and how did he do,was there any favoritism??
                        Last edited by bakdraft21; 10-28-2018, 11:22 AM.

Comment

A good game for us last night with many challenges. It was good to see that we were beat for the first 10 minutes. Our second 10 showed that we can recover. Don't like the T formation for the PP. Liked what I was from # 28 the freshman I thought he played a good game. A good 5 on 3 PPK for us. Will be very interesting on who makes up the 3rd and 4th lines. Those 2 lines might be the best of any 3rd 4th lines in DIII. Not much of a drop off in talent. That could be our strong area for the season. It was really nice to see some type of reflection that both the men's and women's programs have had through out the years. It was about time. I guess Lord Stanley is getting mellow in her old age. Sorry #5 you were not up there.
                          Oswego '88

Comment

Originally posted by DIIIFan View Post
                            A good game for us last night with many challenges. It was good to see that we were beat for the first 10 minutes. Our second 10 showed that we can recover. Don't like the T formation for the PP. Liked what I was from # 28 the freshman I thought he played a good game. A good 5 on 3 PPK for us. Will be very interesting on who makes up the 3rd and 4th lines. Those 2 lines might be the best of any 3rd 4th lines in DIII. Not much of a drop off in talent. That could be our strong area for the season. It was really nice to see some type of reflection that both the men's and women's programs have had through out the years. It was about time. I guess Lord Stanley is getting mellow in her old age. Sorry #5 you were not up there.
                            Oswego '88
                            Don't need to be up there,I was there...good to see DIII posting.....

Comment

Originally posted by OZrebel View Post
                              On opening weekend for most, another warm up and chance to continue recovering.

Heard Berry is a little banged up and MacMillan is out for awhile, any other words out there?

Berry had a lingering hip problem. Gosek and the rest of the staff decided to rest him for the regular seaso. MacMillan out, from what I've heard, until Thanksgiving or around then. Richer was out last weekend due to a personal family matter, will be back for the regular season. No other injuries to report at this time.
                              Ben Grieco

SUNY Oswego, Class of 2021
                              The Oswegonian, Sports Editor

Comment

Originally posted by BenTGrieco View Post
                                Berry had a lingering hip problem. Gosek and the rest of the staff decided to rest him for the regular seaso. MacMillan out, from what I've heard, until Thanksgiving or around then. Richer was out last weekend due to a personal family matter, will be back for the regular season. No other injuries to report at this time.
                                Thanks for the info, with plenty of skaters,rest is ezr to come by.

Comment

Working...
                                X