2018 LLWS: Jubilation for some, tears for the others

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2018 LLWS: Jubilation for some, tears for the others

There's also been atleast 3 fantastic defensive plays in this game, could all probably make SC top 10.

Comment

Walk it off, boys.

And forget the traditional handshakes, the boys opt for hugs down the line.

Comment

So did they get the parents to sign a release to wear these green hats that are obviously promoting some cause?
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
          So did they get the parents to sign a release to wear these green hats that are obviously promoting some cause?
          That "some cause" is for Sports Matter, which supports youth and the importance of youth sports around the world. Dick's Sporting Goods is primarily associated with it. There are far worse "causes" that could be forced upon them.

Comment

GA and TX with yet another extra inning thriller, GA advancing to face MI tomorrow. NY and HI will meet for a spot in the US Championship Wedsnesday.
            Last edited by hockeyplayer1015; 08-20-2018, 10:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
              That "some cause" is for Sports Matter, which supports youth and the importance of youth sports around the world. Dick's Sporting Goods is primarily associated with it. There are far worse "causes" that could be forced upon them.
              So a Dick’s Sporting Goods AstroTurf fund meant to increase their profits?

Listen, make no mistake about it, these companies aren’t providing things at this tournament because they love kids. And Little League isn’t exactly a white knight organization either.
              I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                GA and TX with yet another extra inning thriller, GA advancing to face MI tomorrow. NY and HI will meet for a spot in the US Championship Wedsnesday.
                On paper, the four best US teams advanced this far. I'm still trying to decide which team i think gives the US the best chance of beating the International sides. I think it's Hawaii.

Regardless, some excellent ball players on all of these teams. Michigan is becoming the cardiac comeback kids.
                The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                GO LAKERS!!!
                GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                  On paper, the four best US teams advanced this far. I'm still trying to decide which team i think gives the US the best chance of beating the International sides. I think it's Hawaii.

Regardless, some excellent ball players on all of these teams. Michigan is becoming the cardiac comeback kids.
                  On paper? There's paper on little league teams?

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                    Yes.
                    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                    GO LAKERS!!!
                    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                    Oswego State '09

Comment

During Idaho-Michigan they were saying Idaho had enough tape from regionals to put together hot/cold zones on MI batters.
                      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                        During Idaho-Michigan they were saying Idaho had enough tape from regionals to put together hot/cold zones on MI batters.
                        I hate this planet.

Comment

I hate this planet.
                          Little League is a sham yo.
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                            So a Dick’s Sporting Goods AstroTurf fund meant to increase their profits?

Listen, make no mistake about it, these companies aren’t providing things at this tournament because they love kids. And Little League isn’t exactly a white knight organization either.
                            http://www.sportsmatter.org/

Look. If this program helps some kids to find something in sports to keep them off the streets, isn't that worth it?

Comment

Hawaii - South Korea in the championship game.

Hawaii takes the first pitch of the bottom of the first and deposits it over the CF wall.
                              FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Hawaii needs to take the SK pitcher to RF.
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X