Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football 2018-19: We Want Mugs, Pugs, Thugs... AND METHODISTS on our team!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: College Football 2018-19: We Want Mugs, Pugs, Thugs... AND METHODISTS on our team

Gameday will be in Eugene for Stanford@Oregon.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
      Gameday will be in Eugene for Stanford@Oregon.
      Thanks a lot Wisconsin...
      AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
        They’ve got one scholarship QB on the roster. He was injured and did not play last week. Their defense has more issues than Time Magazine. They’re going to be a mess for a couple years.
        They’ve been so bad on the line of scrimmage since they joined the B1G.

Scott should be able to recruit, but quite honesty, Nebraska has been fine in recruiting — they’ve really struggled developing their line of scrimmage

Orlando is quite the place to recruit to, and the “lower hanging fruit” there is crazy athletes and an easy sell..

Frost’s offense is quick hitting and meant to overcome marginal offensive line play, but they need serious growth there still.

Defensively, I’m going to be very interested to see if Frost can get that turned around — even last year at UCF his defense wasn’t very good.
        AF 99

Comment

• Re: College Football 2018-19: We Want Mugs, Pugs, Thugs... AND METHODISTS on our team

That awesome fake fair catch punt return TD we saw from North Texas last Saturday?

The NCAA wants to ban it.
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

The words “fair catch punt return TD” indicates to me it probably should be banned.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              The words “fair catch punt return TD” indicates to me it probably should be banned.
              I just watched it- it wasn't a fair catch. He didn't move when he caught the ball, and the ref didn't blow the whistle. And for sure, he never signaled for a fair catch.

If he did signal, then it would have been a delay of game penalty for running off.

Should not be banned- it should have been a lesson to pay attention, and play until the whistle.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                I just watched it- it wasn't a fair catch. He didn't move when he caught the ball, and the ref didn't blow the whistle. And for sure, he never signaled for a fair catch.

If he did signal, then it would have been a delay of game penalty for running off.

Should not be banned- it should have been a lesson to pay attention, and play until the whistle.
                The thing that is bugging the NCAA is that they are afraid of someone getting absolutely smoked when trying this again. The game as a whole, at all levels, is trying to downplay "the big hit" and this type of play is just begging for one to happen (legal or not).

This play worked because the N. Texas player had the balls to catch the ball and then just bounce like he normally does with the coverage closing in. He exploited the fact that the coverage has become accustomed to pulling up in a scenario like this (R will almost never attempt a return here. They will let the ball bounce or take a Fair Catch the other 99 times). That is why the play worked. The NCAA doesn't want to see a regression in the process of removing "the big hit".
                It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                  The thing that is bugging the NCAA is that they are afraid of someone getting absolutely smoked when trying this again. The game as a whole, at all levels, is trying to downplay "the big hit" and this type of play is just begging for one to happen (legal or not).

This play worked because the N. Texas player had the balls to catch the ball and then just bounce like he normally does with the coverage closing in. He exploited the fact that the coverage has become accustomed to pulling up in a scenario like this (R will almost never attempt a return here. They will let the ball bounce or take a Fair Catch the other 99 times). That is why the play worked. The NCAA doesn't want to see a regression in the process of removing "the big hit".
                  This. And I 100% agree with it. I don’t need to see young men killing themselves on the field. I hated this play so much.
                  Code:
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    This. And I 100% agree with it. I don’t need to see young men killing themselves on the field. I hated this play so much.
                    Maybe football isn't a sport for you.

Comment

Yeah, that must be it.
                      Code:

Comment

Originally posted by Adam_Krug#1 View Post
                        Maybe football isn't a sport for you.
                        The problem is that this play works because it exploits the fact that the defenders are no longer trying to kill you. This play flat out doesn't work in the 80's, 90's or early 2000's.
                        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

In theory, sure- but you can also put in a rule that you should just grab the guy, and you are done. I get the risk of "the big hit"- but the one who is risking that is the receiver, pretending that it's a fair catch. On top of that- "the big hit" was very much prevented by the acting- the defenders pulled up (which they have to anyway- the receiver needs clear access to catch the ball), so their speed was basically at a standstill.

BTW, how do you enforce such a rule? If you don't take a step withing a time period, it's then a free catch?

Comment

The problem is that this play works because it exploits the fact that the defenders are no longer trying to kill you. This play flat out doesn't work in the 80's, 90's or early 2000's.
                            One should note that in this specific instance, they could not have done that anyway, as the defenders got to the receiver before the ball did. If they hit him hard, that would have been an easy 15 + ejection for hitting a defenseless player.

Comment

Week 4 Pick ‘Em

Saturday September 22nd

Minnesota at Maryland
                              Pittsburgh at North Carolina
                              Louisville at Virginia
                              South Carolina at Vanderbilt
                              #17 TCU at Texas
                              Florida at Tennessee
                              #7 Stanford at #20 Oregon
                              #18 Wisconsin at Iowa

Sorry, busy week — will update standings after this weekend.
                              AF 99

Comment

Saturday September 22nd

Minnesota at Maryland
                                Pittsburgh at North Carolina
                                Louisville at Virginia
                                South Carolina at Vanderbilt
                                #17 TCU at Texas
                                Florida at Tennessee
                                #7 Stanford at #20 Oregon
                                #18 Wisconsin at Iowa

Comment

Working...
                                X