Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football 2018-19: We Want Mugs, Pugs, Thugs... AND METHODISTS on our team!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
    UCF "deserves better" than a 2 for 1

Don't bother complaining when you get left out again for a trash schedule.
    Florida is trash. I wouldn't schedule them either.
    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Re: College Football 2018-19: We Want Mugs, Pugs, Thugs... AND METHODISTS on our team

Kansas State has hired North Dakota State's Chris Klieman.
      A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

UCF "deserves better" than a 2 for 1

Don't bother complaining when you get left out again for a trash schedule.
        What other Top 10 teams would accept a 2 for 1 agreement? None and they shouldn't be expected to either.

Comment

• Re: College Football 2018-19: We Want Mugs, Pugs, Thugs... AND METHODISTS on our team

Originally posted by cF[Authentic] View Post
          What other Top 10 teams would accept a 2 for 1 agreement? None and they shouldn't be expected to either.
          As long as they never make the step by accepting that position at the moment, they will never really be considered for the NC.

Make the step like TCU did, and you might find yourself on the short list of expansion for a big conference.

Comment

Originally posted by cF[Authentic] View Post
            One that isn't a top ten program. 25 wins doesn't make you equal to a program with three national titles. UCF is three years removed from 0-12.
            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

One that isn't a top ten program. 25 wins doesn't make you equal to a program with three national titles. UCF is three years removed from 0-12.
              Bingo. UCF is in no way, shape, or form a top 10 program in college football.
              AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

• Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                Bingo. UCF is in no way, shape, or form a top 10 program in college football.
                Have they had a recruiting scandal? If not, your statement is true.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  Have they had a recruiting scandal? If not, your statement is true.
                  Yes they have, in 2011.
                  AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                    As long as they never make the step by accepting that position at the moment, they will never really be considered for the NC.

Make the step like TCU did, and you might find yourself on the short list of expansion for a big conference.
                    UCF needs a partner (and maybe a third) to help them get to that level then. TCU had a good amount of success from 2000-2011. Nine double digit win seasons during that timespan, but they didn't really rise to prominence until Utah and BYU both got good around the same time to help the Mountain West effectively establish itself power conference, and if I remember correctly there was actually talk of either replacing the Big East with the Mtn West, or straight up replacing them when the BCS contract was up for negotiation.

UCF doesn't have that. Houston, Navy, and Memphis all dropped off at the same time. Maybe Cincy will become the foe they need. UCF also hasn't been helped out by weather. They've had two P5 games canceled the last two years due to hurricanes.

At the same time, what's the point of the G5 even being in FBS if the only way to make the playoff is to be good at the time a P5 needs expansion? And it's not even solely about being good, or Boise wouldn't still be in the Mtn West. You need your academics/media market to align with whatever conference is looking for a team.
                    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

NDSU wins to go to their 7th final in 8 years.

Play either Maine or Eastern Washington.
                      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                        uf has less than u penn (and they feel just as recent )
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                          NDSU wins to go to their 7th final in 8 years.

Play either Maine or Eastern Washington.
                          Looks like Eastern Washington. And what is that red carpet!?!?
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            Looks like Eastern Washington. And what is that red carpet!?!?
                            The result of giving Colin Cowherd a lot of money.
                            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

http://www.espn.com/college-football...?sf204715774=1

No, OSU. Bad OSU. No.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                                Maybe they are going with the theory that showing an example of what not to do is educational. Highly unlikely but maybe.
                                "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
                                Groucho Marx
                                "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
                                Ron White
                                "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
                                Milo Bloom

Comment

Working...
                                X