Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football 2018-19: We Want Mugs, Pugs, Thugs... AND METHODISTS on our team!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College Football 2018-19: We Want Mugs, Pugs, Thugs... AND METHODISTS on our team!

Go on.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Re: College Football 2018-19: We Want Mugs, Pugs, Thugs... AND METHODISTS on our team

Go Hawks!

(Checking in)
    AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Re: College Football 2018-19: We Want Mugs, Pugs, Thugs... AND METHODISTS on our team

Love For Heisman!

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-moth...223132593.html
        Report: Mothers of both Zach and Courtney Smith claim ex-OSU assistant is victim of retaliatory plot by ex-wife

Reposting as it was the last one in last thread
        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
        Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
        Grandma ~ Jan 2004
        Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
        Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Well These Guys Are Awful

Several current University of Maryland football players and people close to the Terrapins program describe a toxic coaching culture under head coach D.J. Durkin before offensive lineman Jordan McNair's death in June after a football workout.

McNair, who was 19, died two weeks after being hospitalized following a May 29 team workout. He collapsed after running 110-yard sprints, showing signs of extreme exhaustion and difficulty standing upright. No official cause of death has been released, but ESPN reported Friday that he died of heatstroke suffered during the workout and had a body temperature of 106 degrees after being taken to a hospital.

EDITOR'S PICKS

Sources: Terps OL had visible issues pre-collapse
          Maryland offensive lineman Jordan McNair showed signs of extreme exhaustion, had difficulty standing upright while running sprints and had a temperature of 106 degrees before he died of heatstroke, multiple sources told ESPN.

Over the past several weeks, two current Maryland players, multiple people close to the football program, and former players and football staffers spoke to ESPN about the culture under Durkin, particularly strength and conditioning coach Rick Court, who was one of Durkin's first hires at Maryland back in 2015. Among what they shared about the program:

There is a coaching environment based on fear and intimidation. In one example, a player holding a meal while in a meeting had the meal slapped out of his hands in front of the team. At other times, small weights and other objects were thrown in the direction of players when Court was angry.

The belittling, humiliation and embarrassment of players is common. In one example, a player whom coaches wanted to lose weight was forced to eat candy bars as he was made to watch teammates working out.

Extreme verbal abuse of players occurs often. Players are routinely the targets of obscenity-laced epithets meant to mock their masculinity when they are unable to complete a workout or weight lift, for example. One player was belittled verbally after passing out during a drill.

Coaches have endorsed unhealthy eating habits and used food punitively; for example, a player said he was forced to overeat or eat to the point of vomiting.
          Read the whole article...this looks very very bad.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

What is it with that conference?
            A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
              Jim Delany either needs to hold his schools accountable or get the hell out.
              https://***********/TheVTHockeyBlog
              https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
              NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
              Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

If you honestly think it is just the Big Ten I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  If you honestly think it is just the Big Ten I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.
                  I would guess 95%+ football teams are guilty of most of all of this.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    I would guess 95%+ football teams are guilty of most of all of this.
                    I remember when Brady Hoke was in the news for putting Shane Morris back in when he was clearly concussed, it came out he had made a player at Ball State train outside for 40 minutes in subzero temperatures and the player got frostbite on his fingers.
                    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      I did have my eye on the new Tappan Zee bridge but if you can't help me....Look, I understand every conference has it's baggage and skeletons but since the Penn State scandal broke in 2011 it seems that's the only conference that's been in the news.

Comment

I did have my eye on the new Tappan Zee bridge but if you can't help me....Look, I understand every conference has it's baggage and skeletons but since the Penn State scandal broke in 2011 it seems that's the only conference that's been in the news.
                        Because the SEC pays enough to keep people quiet.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                          Because the SEC pays enough to keep people quiet.
                          Didn't pay enough to keep Urban Meyer and his thugs(hello Aaron Hernandez)out of the news. The bidding war for Cam Newton's services is another one. Bobby(sfb)Petrino.

I get it, most everybody does it. Just not to the degree of some.

Comment

Cuz every kid can't wait to live in Tuscaloosa.

Comment

Durkin put on leave while investigation continues
                              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Working...
                              X