Bottom Feeders 2018-19: Just So You Know, They Really Suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bottom Feeders 2018-19: Just So You Know, They Really Suck

I nominate the Skating Club of Wilmington, DE as the host of the Futile Four. They've already made numerous people sick with carbon monoxide poisoning, a few more tossing their cookies because of watching bad hockey won't even be noticed.

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...414200313.html

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
      I nominate the Skating Club of Wilmington, DE as the host of the Futile Four. They've already made numerous people sick with carbon monoxide poisoning, a few more tossing their cookies because of watching bad hockey won't even be noticed.

You're deliciously evil. We'll do it.
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
        You're deliciously evil. We'll do it.
        The rink looks sufficiently sh*tty enough. Peeling paint on the ceilings, mediocre lighting (based on Google search images), very limited seating. Just need to secure that backup Zamboni before it gets fixed or junked.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          Just need to secure that backup Zamboni before it gets fixed or junked.
          Zamboni? Losers scrape and hose 'er down.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post

My kids played there 20+ years ago.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

But we gotta make tickets impossible to get. We actually had people show at a regional last year, which led to fierce debate on how they showed up.
              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
                Zamboni? Losers scrape and hose 'er down.
                Not the point. We'd like just a hint of carbon monoxide in the air. Not enough to kill anyone, but enough to cause some ill effects.

But we gotta make tickets impossible to get. We actually had people show at a regional last year, which led to fierce debate on how they showed up.
                New rule this year - close and lock the doors for a "private event". Don't sell tickets.

Comment

Fade, I looked at your mall rink. Assuming we can put the Pac Sun, Hot Topic, and one of those awful kiosks in play... we will put the South Regional there.
                  I've received word that Hot Topic is willing to sponsor, provided the players wear black skinny jeans and team hoodies, in lieu of hockey pants/socks and jerseys.

EDIT: I'm also being told that Furr's "Fresh" Buffet will donate their leftover food for the team meals.
                  Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 09-07-2018, 08:29 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=FadeToBlack&Gold;6695965]Not the point. We'd like just a hint of carbon monoxide in the air. Not enough to kill anyone, but enough to cause some ill effects.

/QUOTE]

Just leave the old rig idling during the game.[

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                      In my neck of the woods, they're commonly confused. Close enough?
                      Eh, given that where I am now people assume you’re referring to Worse (Minnesota) Rochester, I’d prefer confusion with the only other upstate tech school.

Comment

I've received word that Hot Topic is willing to sponsor, provided the players wear black skinny jeans and team hoodies, in lieu of hockey pants/socks and jerseys.

EDIT: I'm also being told that Furr's "Fresh" Buffet will donate their leftover food for the team meals.
                        I love this! Now to put the kiosks in play... I'll figure that out later.

Comment

For refs, I plan on going to local watering holes, and offering to buy people cases of their favorite beer if they'll ref for a day. No prior knowledge of hockey is a bonus.

Comment

No prior time on skates is also a bonus.

Comment

Just keep this menu secret from Marty the Cat at the Northeast Regional.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                                In my neck of the woods, they're commonly confused. Close enough?
                                RPI is certainly often called RIT, but is RIT ever called RPI?
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X