X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USCHO Music Thread: Less Talk, More Rock

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
    Talked with LWB today, she said she's gonna get the links for you. I guess her hubby has RAWR music, and then more accessible music.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      Talked with LWB today, she said she's gonna get the links for you. I guess her hubby has RAWR music, and then more accessible music.
      Awesome, thank you!
      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Here are the links to Mr. wore Black's music adventures.

The accessible stuff:
        https://movingwaves.bandcamp.com/releases
        https://www.facebook.com/officialmovingwaves/

The RAWR stuff
        https://www.facebook.com/LivingThroughGhosts/
        https://livingthroughghosts.bandcamp.com/releases
        Originally posted by Skeeterman
        Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
        "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Radiohead: Let Down

Top 10 favorite of all time.
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_wGLZmwZ8o
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by Lady wore Black View Post
            Nice!
            First band has an old school Rush vibe in the riff.

Second band is real good but I’m less into the style of vocals.

Thanks for posting!!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

Nice!

Thanks for posting!!
              I just spit out my drink laughing.

Mr LWB is a Rush fanboy.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Nice!

Thanks for posting!!
                No problem. Moving Waves is his personal/solo project.

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                I just spit out my drink laughing.

Mr LWB is a Rush fanboy.
                I think fanboy is an understatement.
                Originally posted by Skeeterman
                Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
                "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Originally posted by Lady wore Black View Post
                  You're probably right. Remember all those teenage girls that cried at the sight of (insert Beatles, BackstreetBoys, etc). That's him and Rush.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lady wore Black View Post
                    No problem. Moving Waves is his personal/solo project.

Nice!

Comment

https://arstechnica.com/information-...&ICID=ref_fark

LLAMA *** STATUS: WHIPPED

I know people who still use Winamp 2.x to this day. Small, RAM friendly, does what you ask it to, nothing more, nothing less, and it just plain works.
                      Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post

I know people who still use Winamp 2.x to this day. Small, RAM friendly, does what you ask it to, nothing more, nothing less, and it just plain works.
                        Had to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JntDcqOxMsM NSFW.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post

Winamp to this day is the absolute best music player. If it wasn’t for Spotify I would still be using it.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
                            Swansong has been in a few bands since we've been friendly. Here's a few links:
                            Blatch
                            Birch Hill Dam
                            Downpour
                            Thanks! Also I play with Blacksoul Seraphim (slow, mostly clean-sung doom metal).

BHD is pretty much all done at this point. We have one more show and will release the album we just recorded eventually, but that'll be it.

Downpour doesn't ever play, since our singer lives in St. Louis and the rest of us are in Mass (plus other reasons but we'll leave it at that).

And I'm doing the Opiate EP for a halloween cover show.

I like blatch, guitar harmonics lure me in every time! Sounds like Swansong may be the lead writer. He’s a really good bass player.
                            Thanks! I'm not the chief songwriter, but I have a heavy hand in arrangements for BHD (along with maybe 1/4 of the riffs). I help with arrangements in Blatch and Downpour but Blacksoul has a songwriter that I find brilliant and basically all I do is add bass parts.
                            I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                              You're probably right. Remember all those teenage girls that cried at the sight of (insert Beatles, BackstreetBoys, etc). That's him and Rush.
                              Count me in as a Rush fanboy as well😀

Comment

Woot!
                                https://youtu.be/8Z04FtRzgJc
                                Going to see Metallica tonight for the first time since 1989!

Comment

Working...
                                X