This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by herbst20 View Post
    Wasn't it Bob that got heated with Montgomery over flipping Guttman?
    Heated argument yes. Over Guttman? Don't know for sure.
    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
      Gentleman's agreement was a joke, and Bob's finally at a school where he can steal instead of get stolen from. God forbid we let kids change their minds on a decision they made when they were 16.
      It wil snap back in motzko’s face and I can’t wait to see your reaction (and alums) when it does.
      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
        He's 15, as we know a lot can happen these days. Wake me up in 3 years when he makes a decision.
        Agreed! Plus now there’s a poacher vs recruiter in rodent town so Granato and Oseicki best beware.

It would be nice to wake up to news of another blue chip forward. Losing Ranta and Cruikshank has really ****ed me off.

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. IV - It's all coming together

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
          It wil snap back in motzko’s face and I can’t wait to see your reaction (and alums) when it does.
          We will be on the good side of it more often than the bad side, just like your school. If you aren't doing everything you can to win you aren't going to last long at the big hockey schools.

Comment

• Originally posted by Koho View Post
            This is a message board. Of course people will gloat and troll fans from other teams. The days of 50 page game threads may be over, that had opposing fans either sandbagging or predicting massive sweeps may be gone. But opposing fans need to keep some of the reason for hating the other team intact to keep things interesting. IF we all start looking at the other teams and their fans as humans just like us, and the player as kids just giving it their best, and not accepting that the opposing fans are all lying jerks and players cheap-shotting, cheating, punks, what fun will it be watching the games?
            Meh, I’m getting too old for the banter. Love the rivalry and some good natured trash talking, but hard to really hate opposing fans anymore. I’ve also lived in Wisconsin for almost 20 years now, so hard to hate people from this state. That said, I am still a Gopher hockey fan to the core, and will be until I die.
            @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
            On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
            High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
              We will be on the good side of it more often than the bad side, just like your school. If you aren't doing everything you can to win you aren't going to last long at the big hockey schools.
              I don’t think Bob Johnson and Herb Brooks ever conducted themselves in such a scummy manner. Neither did Sauer, Eaves, Granato or Lucia. Fact.

Comment

I don’t think Bob Johnson and Herb Brooks ever conducted themselves in such a scummy manner. Neither did Sauer, Eaves, Granato or Lucia. Fact.
                Lucia was a main proponent of killing the gentleman's agreement.

Kids didn't commit before they got their licenses in the Brooks era.

This Ranta thing is a weird one off that no one has actual facts about.

Comment

Well, there is a big boy from out east I like and would be willing to make a trade. Watched him play beantown summer classic. Patrick Keegan Jr. Is a beast. If you guys don't want him let me know. He'd look real good in a Maine uni.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post

This Ranta thing is a weird one off that no one has actual facts about.
                    Well, if the problem indeed has to do with his TOEFL Test score, and people are certain he speaks great English because he attended a U.S. high school during his USHL time, it seems to me that tanking the test would be an easy way for him to get out of his Wisconsin commitment and open up other options...

Comment

Like I said, no one has facts lol that is a message board guess

Comment

Johnson and Brooks were recruiting 18 year olds about 6 months before they started playing collegiate hockey. Until recently, kids weren't committing as early as they are now. Do you think schools that over-recruit might also see an issue in the long run?

Comment

Originally posted by altazo View Post
                          Well, if the problem indeed has to do with his TOEFL Test score, and people are certain he speaks great English because he attended a U.S. high school during his USHL time, it seems to me that tanking the test would be an easy way for him to get out of his Wisconsin commitment and open up other options...
                          That would require a lot of forethought, how would you gauge while taking the test you are doing bad enough not to get into UW and good enough to get into a safety school to the west? Doesn't see plausible.
                          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                            That would require a lot of forethought, how would you gauge while taking the test you are doing bad enough not to get into UW and good enough to get into a safety school to the west? Doesn't see plausible.
                            I highly doubt many high end recruits care as much about the educational quality of the schools as they do the quality of the hockey programs they are considering. Most don’t plan on staying more than a year or two, and few who stay that short of time go back for their degree. Some do, but many don’t. So I don’t think the term “safety school” applies much.

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
                              I highly doubt many high end recruits care as much about the educational quality of the schools as they do the quality of the hockey programs they are considering. Most don’t plan on staying more than a year or two, and few who stay that short of time go back for their degree. Some do, but many don’t. So I don’t think the term “safety school” applies much.
                              If a player plays 2 years in college, goes pro, then has a career ending injury and subsequently has finish their degree and get a real job, it will indeed matter if they went to a safety school or a real university.
                              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                                If a player plays 2 years in college, goes pro, then has a career ending injury and subsequently has finish their degree and get a real job, it will indeed matter if they went to a safety school or a real university.
                                First off, we can save the hyperbole. I graduated from Eau Claire and am making a very good living. But I do agree that having a college education would be extremely beneficial. That doesn’t mean a high percentage of top-end recruits that only stay a year or two go back. I’d say even a smaller percentage who know they won’t be staying long put education above their hockey development.

If what you’re saying is true, how does North Dakota get any recruits over Minnesota and Wisconsin?

Comment

Working...
                                X