This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. IV - It's all coming together

TOEFL testing is offered nearly every week of the year, sometimes twice a week at various locations in Iowa, WI, and Finland. You can take it virtually anytime, almost anywhere in the world. Strange indeed.
    Originally posted by WiscTJK
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Originally posted by Timothy A
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
      TOEFL testing is offered nearly every week of the year, sometimes twice a week at various locations in Iowa, WI, and Finland. You can take it virtually anytime, almost anywhere in the world. Strange indeed.
      not strange, an utter disaster by someone in Admissions, Athletic Dept and / or coaching staff.
      gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
        not strange, an utter disaster by someone in Admissions, Athletic Dept and / or coaching staff.
        Looks a lot worse now that we know this. I wonder the cost, it would be fun to take it.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
          Looks a lot worse now that we know this. I wonder the cost, it would be fun to take it.
          It's not cheap, I believe it's $195.00.

Any college-bound native English speaker would have zero problem scoring very high. The vocabulary isn't that difficult and native speakers have little problem with using context for words they aren't quite sure about. Also native speakers have heard most common idioms like "Catch-22" or "A double-edged sword" a million times and know what they mean, where as an ESL student might have great difficulty in discerning meaning if they are unfamiliar.

As an example in Spanish, Zapatero a tus zapatos translates literally to: Shoemaker, to your shoes -- but it more or less means you should stick to talking about what you know. (Obviously!)
          I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by herbst20 View Post

ffs....
              Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by herbst20 View Post

I had suspicions.

Geezus. Nothing like making a terrible situation worse. What a ****ing disaster.
                I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

I had suspicions.

Geezus. Nothing like making a terrible situation worse. What a ****ing disaster.
                  Since they are a recruiting "dream team" it makes sense that they are sleeping through the important steps of getting kids on campus.
                  Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Mark Divver just tweeted Sampo Ranta is headed to Minnesota

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                    BU has one of the most international populations of any school in the country. I wonder if that somehow gives them the means to provide assistance to students in a certain score range.

The TOEFL is what kept Max Letunov from getting into BU, so there is a standard that has to be met, I guess it is just lower than at UW.

Comment

this is absolutely ludicrous and self-inflicted like watching Cruikshank leave due to scolly money.
                      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                        Since they are a recruiting "dream team" it makes sense that they are sleeping through the important steps of getting kids on campus.
                        Greatest recruiters in history. So good they even got 3 drafted players for other teams in the conference.
                        I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                          this is absolutely ludicrous and self-inflicted like watching Cruikshank leave due to scolly money.
                          Problem solved! We have plenty of scholly money now!
                          I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Unreal. *** is going on! Goofers? Really. I am having a bad day and this BS caps it off great!
                            gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

Comment

BTW it's gwhini's fault for the name on this thread jinxing it.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                                BTW it's gwhini's fault for the name on this thread jinxing it.
                                Hey now, let's be reasonable and put the blame squarely where it belongs. --> It's Phil Kessel's fault.
                                I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Working...
                                X