X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. IV - It's all coming together

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
    I wonder how often our coaches contacted him?
    I know from experience, Wisco is known for "you come to us" philosophy. Meantime, East Coast School is in Chicago scouting an event...my kiddo also played baseball. They shoot up to watch his baseball game and say hi. Tell me what that means to a 17-18 year old kid.

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
      The rich get richer. If Hughes stays and his brother comes in lookout.
      Doubt either of those things happens

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
        Cam York to Michigan
        Would have loved to have him, but obviously signing Vorlicky meant we were pretty much out of the running. From our point of view he would have been a great fit at UW because he's likely a one or two year player and it would have given us a huge insurance policy against an early departure before the next couple of star D are ready to step in. But from York's point of view, MI makes a lot of sense. Hughes is certain to depart and York is set to step right into that role of playing 25-30 minutes a game next year. At UW, if Kalynuk and Miller stay, which is more likely then Hughes staying by a good margin, as good as York is, he's not likely to step into that top role right away. So whether we went at him hard or not, MI does have the playing time to all but guarantee him next year. It's a pretty good fit for York.
        Originally posted by WiscTJK
        I'm with Wisko and Tim.
        Originally posted by Timothy A
        Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by IronRange View Post
          I know from experience, Wisco is known for "you come to us" philosophy.
          Even under Granato?
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
            Rumored to have showed up with two black eyes, I would think it was a maturity issue.
            A former coach inside the athletic department told me Greenway would go out to the bars and get in fights during the weekdays. So yeah maturity issue.

Comment

Originally posted by druzy192 View Post
              A former coach inside the athletic department told me Greenway would go out to the bars and get in fights during the weekdays. So yeah maturity issue.
              Not the only kid to ever get into those situations.

Hopefully the change of scenery helps him in the long run.
              Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by druzy192 View Post
                Reminds me of the Gary Suter and Chris Chelios years (and MANY others), except those boys weren't the ones that came out with "shiners". Almost all of those scuffles were started by punk students with Pabst or Old Style muscles challenging the hockey players; never ended well. I witnessed a few!
                "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

I have to admit watching the interview with Oz about the recruits sure has me jacked up. I know him and Brophy were selling lots of red Kool-Aid to disappointed fans, but that's my fav color and I was buy buy buying it.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                    I have to admit watching the interview with Oz about the recruits sure has me jacked up. I know him and Brophy were selling lots of red Kool-Aid to disappointed fans, but that's my fav color and I was buy buy buying it.
                    Where did you see that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                      Where did you see that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Between periods on TV coverage.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                        Last year I posted about his talk at the WHB luncheon before the NoDak series. He's quite the motivational speaker. I wanted to jump up, lace `em up, and skate with the team myself. I just hope this special teams problem is more of a talent glitch than coaching.
                        "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                          Last year I posted about his talk at the WHB luncheon before the NoDak series. He's quite the motivational speaker. I wanted to jump up, lace `em up, and skate with the team myself.
                          He just talked the guys up so much in my mind we're going single loss total for the season next year. And those eyes.....

Comment

Future Badgers Ethan Leyh (14-16-30 in 29GP -Langley Rivermen, BCHL) and Dylan Holloway (20-26-46 in 29GP -Okotoks Oilers, AJHL) will both be playing for Team Canada West in the World Junior A Challenge, which kicks off this coming Sunday. Canada West will open up against Team USA Sunday night at 8 CST. Will probably be available streaming somewhere, but I'm not sure where yet.
                            Originally posted by WiscTJK
                            I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                            Originally posted by Timothy A
                            Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                              Future Badgers Ethan Leyh (14-16-30 in 29GP -Langley Rivermen, BCHL) and Dylan Holloway (20-26-46 in 29GP -Okotoks Oilers, AJHL) will both be playing for Team Canada West in the World Junior A Challenge, which kicks off this coming Sunday. Canada West will open up against Team USA Sunday night at 8 CST. Will probably be available streaming somewhere, but I'm not sure where yet.
                              Leyh putting up a point a game with one more year in the BCHL left to develop is an awesome sign. Holloway's numbers are ridiculous, even for the AJHL. He's the 2nd youngest guy in the top 20. The youngest guy has 39 in 30 and he's going to DU.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                                Leyh putting up a point a game with one more year in the BCHL left to develop is an awesome sign. Holloway's numbers are ridiculous, even for the AJHL. He's the 2nd youngest guy in the top 20. The youngest guy has 39 in 30 and he's going to DU.
                                As Leyh is draft eligible I'm not sure if he is destined for another year in the BCHL or not...

Comment

Working...
                                X