Thread: Alaska Nanooks 2018-2019

Alaska Nanooks 2018-2019

Well, it’s August so let’s get this thing going.

Perhaps a little bit of politics to start, as voters will have the opportunity to approve a new ice plant at the Carlson Center in October.

http://http://www.newsminer.com/news...8ede2d7e1.html
    Last edited by Squarebanks; 08-02-2018 at 09:03 AM.
    “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Re: Alaska Nanooks 2018-2019

From KTVF11 Sports:
    A source within the University says that one of the Candidates, Mike Waddell, has dropped out of the running for the @AlaskaNanooks athletic director job. The only other word is that they are awaiting approval before making an offer.

I went to 3 of the 4 public meet & greets. IMHO, he was heads and shoulders above the others. I believe there are only two left in the pool. Unfortunately, they need go with an interim and start the process all over again in the spring. And for god sakes streamline the hiring process. What a frigging joke.
    "Who got the Cup?"
    UAF UAA UAA UAA UAF UAF UAA UAA UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAA UAA UAA UAF* UAF* UAF* UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF

* lost to NCAA mucky-mucks but not to UAA on the ice.

Quote Originally Posted by mmf View Post
    From KTVF11 Sports:
    A source within the University says that one of the Candidates, Mike Waddell, has dropped out of the running for the @AlaskaNanooks athletic director job. The only other word is that they are awaiting approval before making an offer.

I went to 3 of the 4 public meet & greets. IMHO, he was heads and shoulders above the others. I believe there are only two left in the pool. Unfortunately, they need go with an interim and start the process all over again in the spring. And for god sakes streamline the hiring process. What a frigging joke.
    Who else dropped out? None of the proposed finalists really jumped out at me as a great hire. I wish they would find someone with some better connections to Alaska.

Quote Originally Posted by Squarebanks View Post
    Who else dropped out? None of the proposed finalists really jumped out at me as a great hire. I wish they would find someone with some better connections to Alaska.
    I recall a tweet or post somewhere about one other candidate no longer being in the running, but have heard nothing official, or maybe I just wasn't paying attention. Waddell would have been a good hire. Very dynamic personality. Our previous two ADs were nice guys but as personable and dynamic as dish rags. I don't believe an Alaskan connection necessarily brings anything to the AD position.
    "Who got the Cup?"
    UAF UAA UAA UAA UAF UAF UAA UAA UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAA UAA UAA UAF* UAF* UAF* UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF

Roll along you BG Warriors!

Hey folks, who do you play on 10/19-20? USCHO composite has you playing both Denver and UAF that weekend, Denver's schedule says they're playing you, your schedule says UAF, and WCHA's composite says UAF.

Quote Originally Posted by talonsuppuckdown View Post
    hey folks, who do you play on 10/19-20? Uscho composite has you playing both denver and uaf that weekend, denver's schedule says they're playing you, your schedule says uaf, and wcha's composite says uaf.
    uaa*

Quote Originally Posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
    Hey folks, who do you play on 10/19-20? USCHO composite has you playing both Denver and UAF that weekend, Denver's schedule says they're playing you, your schedule says UAF, and WCHA's composite says UAF.
    @Denver.

I believe UAA added a new non-conference series against someone, albeit on a different weekend.

- UAF and UAA dropped their home & home intra-conference “non-conference” games originally scheduled for Oct 19th & 20th.

- UAF now plays at Denver on Oct 19th & 20th. (I’m sure there is an excuse but no valid reason other than incompetence that UAF hasn’t updated their on-line schedule).

- UAA now plays at UNO on Dec 29th & 31st (Sat & Mon).
    "Who got the Cup?"

Roll along you BG Warriors!
    Quote Originally Posted by BGDrew View Post
    uaa*
    Yeah. Doh.

Thread Information