Norwich 2018-19 Season Thread: The Ellsworth Era begins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Norwich 2018-19 Season Thread: The Ellsworth Era begins

NUPastime asked for it....about to turn the calendar to August...The Doyle is right around the corner.

Classes start in less than a month.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Re: Norwich 2018-19 Season Thread: The Ellsworth Era begins

He posts!!
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      He posts!!
      And scores!!!

Comment

"The Ellsworth Era"

I guess McShane being gone hasn't really set in for me yet, because I just had a weird, "This is real", moment.
        Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

Originally posted by NU Pastime View Post
          "The Ellsworth Era"

I guess McShane being gone hasn't really set in for me yet, because I just had a weird, "This is real", moment.
          I knew it had to happen sooner or later. So many good memories. I hope the winning tradition continues
          2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
          2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
          2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
          2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
            I knew it had to happen sooner or later. So many good memories. I hope the winning tradition continues
            I fully expect the winning will continue because Norwich has a young-talented-experienced team and coach Ellsworth will be able to build on that in the future

Comment

Took some time off from following this thread, man, did I miss a lot!!!

There were only two things I worried about in Men's Hockey at Norwich.
              1. The retirement of George Como as the "Voice of NU Hockey"
              2. The end of the McShane Dynasty.

I am glad I only have 1 to deal with at a time and from what I have read and heard, Coach Ellsworth is a worthy replacement and I welcome him to the Norwich community from far and wide.

To Coach McShane, I will miss your drive and desire to promote what is best for today's hockey players and young people as a whole. You taught not only hockey, but life, and many a young man learned both from the best. Coach Ellsworth mentioned Pride in his introductory press conference and the desire to maintain that as he takes control of the program. Coach McShane, you are the origin of that PRIDE and it will live on forever at Norwich. Happy retirement, hope you visit George in the press box sometimes as the "color man", that would be a real treat!

Thank you George for sticking around, can't wait for the first game broadcast!

Worries gone, problem solved. Let's play hockey!
              There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Comment

Off topic my family had a great time at the Norwich Homecoming this weekend,with The Cadets spanking castleton 40-0...just a great group of people and a awesome campus up there my dad class of 55' has a great time every yr,he 87 but we hope to be back for many more yrs....good to see Prez as well....just hope my wife does not drop $300 bucks at the campus store next time...next yr Prez how about a home volleyball game for my daughter to watch

Comment

Had to get here Friday for volleyball! The Cadets played the No. 5-ranked team in the nation Johnson & Wales at 5pm.
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                    Had to get here Friday for volleyball! The Cadets played the No. 5-ranked team in the nation Johnson & Wales at 5pm.
                    At least you'll get revenge when the hockey team comes calling.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

yea couldn't get there that early didn't want to pull her out of school for a full day...next yr we will be up there on Thursday I think....

Comment

Norwich recruiting class was released yesterday:

https://www.norwichathletics.com/spo...20180920n217pi

Ice starts going in on Sunday. First scrimmage is less than a month away...
                        GO LAKERS!!!
                        Oswego State '09

Comment

Norwich recruiting class was released yesterday:

First scrimmage is less than a month away...
                          When do the pink fluffy bunnies show up at the BOR?
                          2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                          2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                          2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                          2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

First Official Day of Practice today! Is anybody out there?

Comment

By the way, in case you missed them ...

Norwich Recruits - 2018-2019

1 Adam Mercer

Mercer is a 5-foot-11, 190-pound goaltender from Belchertown, Mass, who played for the Junior Bruins of the United States Premier Hockey League (USPHL) NCDC division. Mercer. He split time between the South Shore Kings and the Junior Bruins last season, playing in 18 games with a 2.64 goals against average and a .920 save percentage.

#4 Gabriel Chicoine

Chicoine is a 6-foot, 180-pound defenseman from St. Dominique, Quebec, who played for Les Inouk de Granby for the last three years in the Quebec Junior Hockey League. In 200 career QHJL games, he scored 22 goals and had 114 assists for 136 points. Last season, he was among the top scoring defensemen in the league with 11 goals and 47 assists for 58 points in 47 games played. In nine playoff games, he scored three goals and had four assists for seven points.

#5 Alex Monteleone

Monteleone is a 6-foot-1, 205-pound defenseman from Montreal, Quebec, who played for the Cornwall Colts of the Central Canadian Hockey League (CCHL) in 2017-18. In 47 games played, he scored three goals and had 10 assists for 13 points. He also had one assist in seven playoff games.

#11 Josh Vertentes

Vertentes is a 5-foot-10, 185-pound forward from Rehoboth, Mass., who played for the Boston Jr. Bandits of the USPHL-NCDC. Vertentes scored 23 goals and had 19 assists for 42 points in 50 games played.

#18 Sam DiBitetto

DiBitetto is a 5-foot-8, 175-pound forward from Hilton, N.Y., who played for Northwood Prep last season. In 58 games combined between the Prep and the 18U team, he scored 29 goals and had 32 for 61 points. He also had three points in three playoff games.

#19 Brett Ouderkirk

Ouderkirk is a 6-foor-0, 185-pound forward from Monkland, Ontario, who played for the Markham Royals of the Ontario Junior Hockey League (OJHL). He scored 29 goals and 68 assists for 97 points 108 games in the last two seasons with the Royals. Last year, he ranked among the league leaders with 23 goals and 47 assists for 70 points.

#26 Maxime Bourdas

Bourdas is a 5-foot-9, 166-pound forward from St. Cesaire, Quebec, who played with Chicoine on Les Inouk de Granby for the last three seasons. Bourdas 73 goals and 100 assists for 173 points in 135 games played in three seasons in Granby. Last year, he registered 33 goals and 61 assists for 94 points. He also added seven more points in six playoff games.

#29 Noah Williams

Williams is a 6-foot-0, 185-pound forward from Cortland, N.Y., who played for the Cornwall Colts of the CJHL and the Calgary Canucks of the Alberta Junior Hockey League (AJHL). In 46 games, he scored five goals and had nine assists for 14 points. In seven playoff games with the Colts, he had three goals and an assist for four points.

Comment

Working...
                              X