Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Norwich 2018-19 Season Thread: The Ellsworth Era begins

Proud supporter of Osmirwich hockey

Re: Norwich 2018-19 Season Thread: The Ellsworth Era begins

Quote Originally Posted by PuckVoice View Post
    It is a long season and there will be ups and downs with this young team, but the Hobart win shows how good this group can be. That Gorilla is off their backs ... now on to Boston and the Beacons/Beavers doubleheader this weekend.
    One thing to note. Norwich was missing arguably a top 2 defenseman in Jake Erickson all weekend and then a top 6/9 forward in Carter Cowlthorp.

Very encouraging indeed to get the Hobart monkey off their back without those two in lineup.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Tough game at UMass, couldn’t find the back of the net. Need to clean up the power play and keep improving. Never have I ever seen so many phantom ref calls in a game either..

Quote Originally Posted by 802Hockey View Post
    Tough game at UMass, couldn’t find the back of the net. Need to clean up the power play and keep improving. (Never have I ever seen so many phantom ref calls in a game either)..
    I did in the women's game this past Wednesday....and many not called..

We have 3 of our 6 kids here this weekend in FL so I was not able to watch last night's game or today's game. What exactly was the bench penalty called for last night before the starters were announced that seemed to throw the Cadets off at the start of the game. My classmate who was there could not explain it and the Boston fans he was sitting next to were very surprised. Anyway after the first 10 minutes we seemed to do well. I read both teams' news stories who summarized the game very well, but it would be helpful to me as an aging NU fan to see some opinions and perspective. Any help out there? Many thanks for any remarks. Hope to get some info out of this board.

NU56
    Old Member
    Maybe the Oldest

Quote Originally Posted by NU56 View Post
    We have 3 of our 6 kids here this weekend in FL so I was not able to watch last night's game or today's game. What exactly was the bench penalty called for last night before the starters were announced that seemed to throw the Cadets off at the start of the game. My classmate who was there could not explain it and the Boston fans he was sitting next to were very surprised. Anyway after the first 10 minutes we seemed to do well. I read both teams' news stories who summarized the game very well, but it would be helpful to me as an aging NU fan to see some opinions and perspective. Any help out there? Many thanks for any remarks. Hope to get some info out of this board.
    I was not there nor did I watch. My guess would be late getting on the ice which is a delay of game bench penalty.

Proud supporter of Osmirwich hockey
    Quote Originally Posted by NU56 View Post
    Protocol penalty. Reported to the ice 20-30 seconds late. Supposed to be there at 6:50 on the clock.

2-0-0 at home.
    0-2-1 on the road.

Hopefully that's not a precedent for the rest of the season. Thankfully, with the exception of Hobart, the toughest road games are now in the rear-view mirror.
    Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Four solid periods on the weekend ... but two bad ones (Period One on Friday night and Period Three on Saturday) gave NU a pair of painful losses. Like I said last week, ups and downs with a young team. The talent is there ... they will be fine.

Curious what you folks thought of Coach McShane's debut on Saturday? I thought he was great!

At a minimum, they have to get the team on the ice on time. Talk about a bad start!
    Go Wick!

Colorado Cadets Fan

Quote Originally Posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    Protocol penalty. Reported to the ice 20-30 seconds late. Supposed to be there at 6:50 on the clock.
    I've seen that called a couple of times. Usually there is little leeway, but if the visitors are more than 10 seconds behind the home team, a penalty can result. The NCAA has a strict game protocol, which dictates when all activities on the ice take place before the game and during the intermissions.
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Quote Originally Posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    Thanks, that is what I thought. I had the misinformation (fake news?) that there were other skaters on the ice and they couldn't get on in time.

NU56
    Old Member
    Maybe the Oldest

Quote Originally Posted by PuckVoice View Post
    Four solid periods on the weekend ... but two bad ones (Period One on Friday night and Period Three on Saturday) gave NU a pair of painful losses. Like I said last week, ups and downs with a young team. The talent is there ... they will be fine.

Curious what you folks thought of Coach McShane's debut on Saturday? I thought he was great!
    It was really nice to hear how positive McShane was about his old team, his passion and love for the team I thought came through loud and clear. I hope we can hear him help with the broadcast more. Nice job coach!!

have to agree with puckvoice-terrific learning experience for this year's team-you need 60 minutes of good hockey to win- especially against any quality team-- looking foward to the next game already

Gotta get healthy. I think they miss Erickson and Cowlthorp more than we realize. Coach Ellsworth has talked, since day one, about being the best team they can be in February/March, not October/November. There's a learning curve, but I expect this team to put it together and get hot in the second semester.

Colorado Cadets Fan

Lots of things for this group to learn. Not surprising to have a rough go on the road for their first away league weekend.
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Thread Information