Norwich 2018-19 Season Thread: The Ellsworth Era begins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Norwich 2018-19 Season Thread: The Ellsworth Era begins

Waited a looooonnnggggg time for that Win. Great game for the boys and a refreshing win for all Norwich supporters. Let’s go!

Comment

16 players with points through 3 games. No one with more than 2 points...no one with more than one goal.

#balance
      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
      GO LAKERS!!!
      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
        16 players with points through 3 games. No one with more than 2 points...no one with more than one goal.

#balance
        That’s one thing I noticed tonight. Still looking for a larger sample size to really see what this team is made of but it definitely feels like a much more balanced team to me.

Comment

Very pleased with what I saw this weekend. It looks like the defense was a bit ahead of the offense for most of the weekend until they got rolling about half way through the second today (up until that point, I envisioned another game which goals were hard to find. Process looks good, but concerned about the Downs penalty. Box score says it was a game misconduct and not a disqualification, so he should be okay to play next week.
          Last edited by NUProf; 11-03-2018, 08:02 PM.
          2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
          2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
          2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
          2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

It is a long season and there will be ups and downs with this young team, but the Hobart win shows how good this group can be. That Gorilla is off their backs ... now on to Boston and the Beacons/Beavers doubleheader this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post
              It is a long season and there will be ups and downs with this young team, but the Hobart win shows how good this group can be. That Gorilla is off their backs ... now on to Boston and the Beacons/Beavers doubleheader this weekend.
              One thing to note. Norwich was missing arguably a top 2 defenseman in Jake Erickson all weekend and then a top 6/9 forward in Carter Cowlthorp.

Very encouraging indeed to get the Hobart monkey off their back without those two in lineup.
              GO LAKERS!!!
              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
              Oswego State '09

Comment

Tough game at UMass, couldn’t find the back of the net. Need to clean up the power play and keep improving. Never have I ever seen so many phantom ref calls in a game either..

Comment

Originally posted by 802Hockey View Post
                  Tough game at UMass, couldn’t find the back of the net. Need to clean up the power play and keep improving. (Never have I ever seen so many phantom ref calls in a game either)..
                  I did in the women's game this past Wednesday....and many not called..

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

We have 3 of our 6 kids here this weekend in FL so I was not able to watch last night's game or today's game. What exactly was the bench penalty called for last night before the starters were announced that seemed to throw the Cadets off at the start of the game. My classmate who was there could not explain it and the Boston fans he was sitting next to were very surprised. Anyway after the first 10 minutes we seemed to do well. I read both teams' news stories who summarized the game very well, but it would be helpful to me as an aging NU fan to see some opinions and perspective. Any help out there? Many thanks for any remarks. Hope to get some info out of this board.

NU56
                    Old Member
                    Maybe the Oldest

Comment

Originally posted by NU56 View Post
                      We have 3 of our 6 kids here this weekend in FL so I was not able to watch last night's game or today's game. What exactly was the bench penalty called for last night before the starters were announced that seemed to throw the Cadets off at the start of the game. My classmate who was there could not explain it and the Boston fans he was sitting next to were very surprised. Anyway after the first 10 minutes we seemed to do well. I read both teams' news stories who summarized the game very well, but it would be helpful to me as an aging NU fan to see some opinions and perspective. Any help out there? Many thanks for any remarks. Hope to get some info out of this board.
                      I was not there nor did I watch. My guess would be late getting on the ice which is a delay of game bench penalty.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by NU56 View Post
                        Protocol penalty. Reported to the ice 20-30 seconds late. Supposed to be there at 6:50 on the clock.
                        GO LAKERS!!!
                        Oswego State '09

Comment

2-0-0 at home.
                          0-2-1 on the road.

Hopefully that's not a precedent for the rest of the season. Thankfully, with the exception of Hobart, the toughest road games are now in the rear-view mirror.
                          Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

Four solid periods on the weekend ... but two bad ones (Period One on Friday night and Period Three on Saturday) gave NU a pair of painful losses. Like I said last week, ups and downs with a young team. The talent is there ... they will be fine.

Curious what you folks thought of Coach McShane's debut on Saturday? I thought he was great!

Comment

At a minimum, they have to get the team on the ice on time. Talk about a bad start!
                              Go Wick!

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                                Protocol penalty. Reported to the ice 20-30 seconds late. Supposed to be there at 6:50 on the clock.
                                I've seen that called a couple of times. Usually there is little leeway, but if the visitors are more than 10 seconds behind the home team, a penalty can result. The NCAA has a strict game protocol, which dictates when all activities on the ice take place before the game and during the intermissions.
                                2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                                2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                                2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                                2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Working...
                                X