Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Norwich 2018-19 Season Thread: The Ellsworth Era begins

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    Protocol penalty. Reported to the ice 20-30 seconds late. Supposed to be there at 6:50 on the clock.
    Thanks, that is what I thought. I had the misinformation (fake news?) that there were other skaters on the ice and they couldn't get on in time.

NU56
    Old Member
    Maybe the Oldest

Comment

Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post
      Four solid periods on the weekend ... but two bad ones (Period One on Friday night and Period Three on Saturday) gave NU a pair of painful losses. Like I said last week, ups and downs with a young team. The talent is there ... they will be fine.

Curious what you folks thought of Coach McShane's debut on Saturday? I thought he was great!
      It was really nice to hear how positive McShane was about his old team, his passion and love for the team I thought came through loud and clear. I hope we can hear him help with the broadcast more. Nice job coach!!

Comment

have to agree with puckvoice-terrific learning experience for this year's team-you need 60 minutes of good hockey to win- especially against any quality team-- looking foward to the next game already

Comment

Gotta get healthy. I think they miss Erickson and Cowlthorp more than we realize. Coach Ellsworth has talked, since day one, about being the best team they can be in February/March, not October/November. There's a learning curve, but I expect this team to put it together and get hot in the second semester.

Comment

Lots of things for this group to learn. Not surprising to have a rough go on the road for their first away league weekend.
            2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
            2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
            2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
            2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

any news from north of the border against the quebec allstars??

Comment

Originally posted by dwb View Post
                any news from north of the border against the quebec allstars??
                Lost 3-1.
                The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                GO LAKERS!!!
                GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                Oswego State '09

Comment

Line Score:

Norwich 1 0 0 - 1
                  Quebec 2 0 1 - 3

Shots
                  Norwich 7 11 16 - 34
                  Quebec 13 10 4 - 27

Norwich Goal
                  19:53 (1st Period) Chicoine (Korol, DiBitetto)

Goaltender - Mercer 27 shots/24 saves

Following Players are not listed on the game sheet so I am assuming they did not play:
                  Swystun, Jackson, Lewis, Thompson, Downs, Erickson, Cowlthorp, Borduas, Swanson, Cronin and Aubrun

Comment

visited Granby to watch the game over the weekend in an outstanding facility which has a capacity of over 3000 and used to hold a Q major junior hockey team. The arena also has a restaurant/snack bar on one end and includes two rinks in the facility . Very fast paced game which should help the team get ready for this weekend. The Quebec All Stars had a few very skilled forwards that were good at making moves in close.

Prez did this exhibition game count toward the total allocated to Norwich or did we get an additional game for playing in Canada.
                    2009-2010 Last Person Standing winner
                    2009-2010 Interlock LPS winner

Comment

• Originally posted by hawk View Post
                      visited Granby to watch the game over the weekend in an outstanding facility which has a capacity of over 3000 and used to hold a Q major junior hockey team. The arena also has a restaurant/snack bar on one end and includes two rinks in the facility . Very fast paced game which should help the team get ready for this weekend. The Quebec All Stars had a few very skilled forwards that were good at making moves in close.

Prez did this exhibition game count toward the total allocated to Norwich or did we get an additional game for playing in Canada.
                      Every 4 years you’re allowed to take an “international trip”. If you recall 4 years ago Norwich went up to quebec and played two games as part of this. That’s how Norwich was able to play the two exhibitions that they are limited too, but also play this additional game because of the international trip rule.
                      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                      GO LAKERS!!!
                      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                      Oswego State '09

Comment

• Re: Norwich 2018-19 Season Thread: The Ellsworth Era begins

Prime link - I see Erickson, Downs, Thompson were out. Any idea when they are coming back? Borduas did not play also injured or healthy scratch?
                        Kane sat out Friday but played Sat. We thought Vertentes looked good. Ouderkirk - great weekend.

Comment

Braeden Ostepchuk is prominently featured in a new video for NU's bicentennial:

https://vimeo.com/296037920?fbclid=I...-4_YiV6vGc_mFQ

NU has taken their PR campaign to a new level.
                          Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

Originally posted by NU Pastime View Post
                            Braeden Ostepchuk is prominently featured in a new video for NU's bicentennial:

https://vimeo.com/296037920?fbclid=I...-4_YiV6vGc_mFQ

NU has taken their PR campaign to a new level.
                            Pretty **** cool...

Comment

• Advance notice ... Cory cannot work with me on Saturday so Coach McShane will be filling on.

Comment

Great! Cory does a fantastic job, but if he can't be there, Coach McShane is the next best thing, besides you George!
                                There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Comment

Working...
                                X