Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 95

Thread: Norwich 2018-19 Season Thread: The Ellsworth Era begins

  1. #1
    Proud supporter of Osmirwich hockey
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Northfield, VT
    Posts
    16,130

    Norwich 2018-19 Season Thread: The Ellsworth Era begins

    NUPastime asked for it....about to turn the calendar to August...The Doyle is right around the corner.

    Classes start in less than a month.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    35,628

    Re: Norwich 2018-19 Season Thread: The Ellsworth Era begins

    He posts!!

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    72

    Re: Norwich 2018-19 Season Thread: The Ellsworth Era begins

    Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    He posts!!
    And scores!!!

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    West Texas
    Posts
    569

    Re: Norwich 2018-19 Season Thread: The Ellsworth Era begins

    "The Ellsworth Era"

    I guess McShane being gone hasn't really set in for me yet, because I just had a weird, "This is real", moment.

  5. #5
    Colorado Cadets Fan
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Lafayette, CO
    Posts
    9,606

    Re: Norwich 2018-19 Season Thread: The Ellsworth Era begins

    Quote Originally Posted by NU Pastime View Post
    "The Ellsworth Era"

    I guess McShane being gone hasn't really set in for me yet, because I just had a weird, "This is real", moment.
    I knew it had to happen sooner or later. So many good memories. I hope the winning tradition continues
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    burlington,vt
    Posts
    144
    Quote Originally Posted by NUProf View Post
    I knew it had to happen sooner or later. So many good memories. I hope the winning tradition continues
    I fully expect the winning will continue because Norwich has a young-talented-experienced team and coach Ellsworth will be able to build on that in the future

  7. #7
    Fan Of Div III Hockey, GO NORWICH
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Florida a bit of a trip from Norwich
    Posts
    871

    Re: Norwich 2018-19 Season Thread: The Ellsworth Era begins

    Took some time off from following this thread, man, did I miss a lot!!!

    There were only two things I worried about in Men's Hockey at Norwich.
    1. The retirement of George Como as the "Voice of NU Hockey"
    2. The end of the McShane Dynasty.

    I am glad I only have 1 to deal with at a time and from what I have read and heard, Coach Ellsworth is a worthy replacement and I welcome him to the Norwich community from far and wide.

    To Coach McShane, I will miss your drive and desire to promote what is best for today's hockey players and young people as a whole. You taught not only hockey, but life, and many a young man learned both from the best. Coach Ellsworth mentioned Pride in his introductory press conference and the desire to maintain that as he takes control of the program. Coach McShane, you are the origin of that PRIDE and it will live on forever at Norwich. Happy retirement, hope you visit George in the press box sometimes as the "color man", that would be a real treat!

    Thank you George for sticking around, can't wait for the first game broadcast!

    Worries gone, problem solved. Let's play hockey!
    There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    out of NYC and up to Orange County
    Posts
    5,281

    Re: Norwich 2018-19 Season Thread: The Ellsworth Era begins

    Off topic my family had a great time at the Norwich Homecoming this weekend,with The Cadets spanking castleton 40-0...just a great group of people and a awesome campus up there my dad class of 55' has a great time every yr,he 87 but we hope to be back for many more yrs....good to see Prez as well....just hope my wife does not drop $300 bucks at the campus store next time...next yr Prez how about a home volleyball game for my daughter to watch

  9. #9
    Proud supporter of Osmirwich hockey
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Northfield, VT
    Posts
    16,130

    Re: Norwich 2018-19 Season Thread: The Ellsworth Era begins

    Had to get here Friday for volleyball! The Cadets played the No. 5-ranked team in the nation Johnson & Wales at 5pm.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    35,628
    Quote Originally Posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    Had to get here Friday for volleyball! The Cadets played the No. 5-ranked team in the nation Johnson & Wales at 5pm.
    At least you'll get revenge when the hockey team comes calling.

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    out of NYC and up to Orange County
    Posts
    5,281

    Re: Norwich 2018-19 Season Thread: The Ellsworth Era begins

    Quote Originally Posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    Had to get here Friday for volleyball! The Cadets played the No. 5-ranked team in the nation Johnson & Wales at 5pm.
    yea couldn't get there that early didn't want to pull her out of school for a full day...next yr we will be up there on Thursday I think....

  12. #12
    Proud supporter of Osmirwich hockey
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Northfield, VT
    Posts
    16,130

    Re: Norwich 2018-19 Season Thread: The Ellsworth Era begins

    Norwich recruiting class was released yesterday:

    https://www.norwichathletics.com/spo...20180920n217pi

    Ice starts going in on Sunday. First scrimmage is less than a month away...
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

  13. #13
    Colorado Cadets Fan
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Lafayette, CO
    Posts
    9,606

    Re: Norwich 2018-19 Season Thread: The Ellsworth Era begins

    Quote Originally Posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    Norwich recruiting class was released yesterday:

    First scrimmage is less than a month away...
    When do the pink fluffy bunnies show up at the BOR?
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 1999
    Location
    Burlington, Vermont,USA
    Posts
    1,268

    Re: Norwich 2018-19 Season Thread: The Ellsworth Era begins

    First Official Day of Practice today! Is anybody out there?

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 1999
    Location
    Burlington, Vermont,USA
    Posts
    1,268

    Re: Norwich 2018-19 Season Thread: The Ellsworth Era begins

    By the way, in case you missed them ...

    Norwich Recruits - 2018-2019

    1 Adam Mercer

    Mercer is a 5-foot-11, 190-pound goaltender from Belchertown, Mass, who played for the Junior Bruins of the United States Premier Hockey League (USPHL) NCDC division. Mercer. He split time between the South Shore Kings and the Junior Bruins last season, playing in 18 games with a 2.64 goals against average and a .920 save percentage.

    #4 Gabriel Chicoine

    Chicoine is a 6-foot, 180-pound defenseman from St. Dominique, Quebec, who played for Les Inouk de Granby for the last three years in the Quebec Junior Hockey League. In 200 career QHJL games, he scored 22 goals and had 114 assists for 136 points. Last season, he was among the top scoring defensemen in the league with 11 goals and 47 assists for 58 points in 47 games played. In nine playoff games, he scored three goals and had four assists for seven points.

    #5 Alex Monteleone

    Monteleone is a 6-foot-1, 205-pound defenseman from Montreal, Quebec, who played for the Cornwall Colts of the Central Canadian Hockey League (CCHL) in 2017-18. In 47 games played, he scored three goals and had 10 assists for 13 points. He also had one assist in seven playoff games.

    #11 Josh Vertentes

    Vertentes is a 5-foot-10, 185-pound forward from Rehoboth, Mass., who played for the Boston Jr. Bandits of the USPHL-NCDC. Vertentes scored 23 goals and had 19 assists for 42 points in 50 games played.

    #18 Sam DiBitetto

    DiBitetto is a 5-foot-8, 175-pound forward from Hilton, N.Y., who played for Northwood Prep last season. In 58 games combined between the Prep and the 18U team, he scored 29 goals and had 32 for 61 points. He also had three points in three playoff games.

    #19 Brett Ouderkirk

    Ouderkirk is a 6-foor-0, 185-pound forward from Monkland, Ontario, who played for the Markham Royals of the Ontario Junior Hockey League (OJHL). He scored 29 goals and 68 assists for 97 points 108 games in the last two seasons with the Royals. Last year, he ranked among the league leaders with 23 goals and 47 assists for 70 points.

    #26 Maxime Bourdas

    Bourdas is a 5-foot-9, 166-pound forward from St. Cesaire, Quebec, who played with Chicoine on Les Inouk de Granby for the last three seasons. Bourdas 73 goals and 100 assists for 173 points in 135 games played in three seasons in Granby. Last year, he registered 33 goals and 61 assists for 94 points. He also added seven more points in six playoff games.

    #29 Noah Williams

    Williams is a 6-foot-0, 185-pound forward from Cortland, N.Y., who played for the Cornwall Colts of the CJHL and the Calgary Canucks of the Alberta Junior Hockey League (AJHL). In 46 games, he scored five goals and had nine assists for 14 points. In seven playoff games with the Colts, he had three goals and an assist for four points.

  16. #16
    Go Wick!
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Essex Junction, Vermont
    Posts
    323

    Re: Norwich 2018-19 Season Thread: The Ellsworth Era begins

    Quote Originally Posted by PuckVoice View Post
    By the way, in case you missed them ...

    Norwich Recruits - 2018-2019

    1 Adam Mercer

    Mercer is a 5-foot-11, 190-pound goaltender from Belchertown, Mass, who played for the Junior Bruins of the United States Premier Hockey League (USPHL) NCDC division. Mercer. He split time between the South Shore Kings and the Junior Bruins last season, playing in 18 games with a 2.64 goals against average and a .920 save percentage.

    #4 Gabriel Chicoine

    Chicoine is a 6-foot, 180-pound defenseman from St. Dominique, Quebec, who played for Les Inouk de Granby for the last three years in the Quebec Junior Hockey League. In 200 career QHJL games, he scored 22 goals and had 114 assists for 136 points. Last season, he was among the top scoring defensemen in the league with 11 goals and 47 assists for 58 points in 47 games played. In nine playoff games, he scored three goals and had four assists for seven points.

    #5 Alex Monteleone

    Monteleone is a 6-foot-1, 205-pound defenseman from Montreal, Quebec, who played for the Cornwall Colts of the Central Canadian Hockey League (CCHL) in 2017-18. In 47 games played, he scored three goals and had 10 assists for 13 points. He also had one assist in seven playoff games.

    #11 Josh Vertentes

    Vertentes is a 5-foot-10, 185-pound forward from Rehoboth, Mass., who played for the Boston Jr. Bandits of the USPHL-NCDC. Vertentes scored 23 goals and had 19 assists for 42 points in 50 games played.

    #18 Sam DiBitetto

    DiBitetto is a 5-foot-8, 175-pound forward from Hilton, N.Y., who played for Northwood Prep last season. In 58 games combined between the Prep and the 18U team, he scored 29 goals and had 32 for 61 points. He also had three points in three playoff games.

    #19 Brett Ouderkirk

    Ouderkirk is a 6-foor-0, 185-pound forward from Monkland, Ontario, who played for the Markham Royals of the Ontario Junior Hockey League (OJHL). He scored 29 goals and 68 assists for 97 points 108 games in the last two seasons with the Royals. Last year, he ranked among the league leaders with 23 goals and 47 assists for 70 points.

    #26 Maxime Bourdas

    Bourdas is a 5-foot-9, 166-pound forward from St. Cesaire, Quebec, who played with Chicoine on Les Inouk de Granby for the last three seasons. Bourdas 73 goals and 100 assists for 173 points in 135 games played in three seasons in Granby. Last year, he registered 33 goals and 61 assists for 94 points. He also added seven more points in six playoff games.

    #29 Noah Williams

    Williams is a 6-foot-0, 185-pound forward from Cortland, N.Y., who played for the Cornwall Colts of the CJHL and the Calgary Canucks of the Alberta Junior Hockey League (AJHL). In 46 games, he scored five goals and had nine assists for 14 points. In seven playoff games with the Colts, he had three goals and an assist for four points.
    Is Coby Downs back this year? Noticed #18 is assigned to Sam DiBitetto. Haven't seen this season's roster as yet.

  17. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    141

    Re: Norwich 2018-19 Season Thread: The Ellsworth Era begins

    Quote Originally Posted by Norwich59 View Post
    Is Coby Downs back this year? Noticed #18 is assigned to Sam DiBitetto. Haven't seen this season's roster as yet.
    He marched with the team in the Labor Day Parade. Maybe a number change?

  18. #18
    Go Wick!
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Essex Junction, Vermont
    Posts
    323

    Re: Norwich 2018-19 Season Thread: The Ellsworth Era begins

    Quote Originally Posted by KrbFlint View Post
    He marched with the team in the Labor Day Parade. Maybe a number change?
    I was thinking a number change, but was wondering. Top scorer last season as a freshman.

  19. #19
    Proud supporter of Osmirwich hockey
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Northfield, VT
    Posts
    16,130

    Re: Norwich 2018-19 Season Thread: The Ellsworth Era begins

    It turns out yours truly made a mistake....no conspiracy theories here folks. Coby Downs indeed back and in the same number #18. Sam DiBitetto will be #16.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

  20. #20
    Go Wick!
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Essex Junction, Vermont
    Posts
    323

    Re: Norwich 2018-19 Season Thread: The Ellsworth Era begins

    Quote Originally Posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    It turns out yours truly made a mistake....no conspiracy theories here folks. Coby Downs indeed back and in the same number #18. Sam DiBitetto will be #16.
    Thank you Mr. D.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •