Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.39: Dick Pictures for Everyone!!!!!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.39: Dick Pictures for Everyone!!!!!!!

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
    Some random person, no. The former CIA Director, who was himself probably involved in a lot of the long-running investigations still going on, yes.
    ^^^^
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
      Excellent closing argument and statement.
      Your faux independent shtick wore thin a long time ago. My response said all it needed to, as long as you speak Southern.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
        I don't see why folks are in a tizzy over pulling the clearance of someone who no longer works for the Federal Government. I didn't retain mine when I left a clearance-required "need to know" position.

Mr. Brennan, no longer on the payroll, no longer has need to know. He's not in a position requiring clearance. If his historic knowledge is needed, he can be read-in on what he needs to know under a temporary clearance authorization.

As far as obstruction: He's not prosecuting; he's not investigating; he's not on the payroll; there's nothing about Mr. Brennan to "obstruct."

The other I've heard (CNN? MSNBC? One of those on S-XM) was "Brennan's First Amendment rights have been infringed." Really? In a word: No. He can still say anything he wants.

I put this courtesy of leaving top officials (either party) with clearance and access as something that never made sense to me. They're off the payroll. They no longer have need to know. (Need to know is the basis of all classified materials, even if you're cleared!) The justification I hear is "precedent". That's legalese for "there's no other justification than TTWWADI."

TTWWADI: that's the way we've always done it
        So what is your argument against TTWWADI when it comes to the CIA director?

All of the arguments "for" I've heard are that they are constantly being asked to advise, and they are also on the board of many high level government organizations that talk about national security.

Why would you intentionally want to throw all of that knowledge and experience away? Just because you may not agree with their assessment of a situation does not make them wrong. Just means you don't interpret it the same. And if you want a truly effective decision to be made, you should be looking for all sides of the situation.

Seems like the only reason you don't like it is because you can make a snappy acronym out of the procedure.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
          That's trivializing the offense, isn't it?
          Directly from Nixon's articles of impeachment:

8. making or causing to be made false or misleading public statements for the purpose of deceiving the people of the United States...

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
            Bless your heart.
            My viewing of Sharp Objects has allowed me to learn that this is a polite Southern way of saying "go eff yourself".

I'm certain this is not the meaning you ascribed to it.
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Some random person, no.
              Re: someone like Sicatoka.

His main concern, as he says so himself repeatedly, is security issues. Has no comment on someone being able to record conversations in the WH Situation Room. Had a conniption that someone used a private server that was never shown to be compromised or hacked.

Comment

I don't see why folks are in a tizzy over pulling the clearance of someone who no longer works for the Federal Government. I didn't retain mine when I left a clearance-required "need to know" position.

Mr. Brennan, no longer on the payroll, no longer has need to know. He's not in a position requiring clearance. If his historic knowledge is needed, he can be read-in on what he needs to know under a temporary clearance authorization.
                If the reasons for the removal are the above why not just say it? Trump himself said it's retribution not protocol and I do believe it's not even protocol to remove the clearance that quickly.

But you're just asking right?

Comment

Military parade cost up to $92M. https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/16/trum...estimated.html

It would be really nice if all of the soldiers gave up their pay raises to help for this. That would be good and patriotic of them.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                  iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                  gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                  Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                  Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                  TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                  DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Red Don's "worship me" parade now expected to cost $92 million.

Gotta cut food stamps, gotta cut Medicare, gotta cut Social Security, but we can always scrounge up $100 million for Republican's pet projects.

Comment

Military parade cost up to $92M. https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/16/trum...estimated.html

It would be really nice if all of the soldiers gave up their pay raises to help for this. That would be good and patriotic of them.
                      Originally posted by rufus View Post
                      Red Don's "worship me" parade now expected to cost $92 million.

Gotta cut food stamps, gotta cut Medicare, gotta cut Social Security, but we can always scrounge up $100 million for Republican's pet projects.
                      jfc
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                        If the reasons for the removal are the above why not just say it? Trump himself said it's retribution not protocol and I do believe it's not even protocol to remove the clearance that quickly.

But you're just asking right?
                        Also, Red Don doesn't have the authority to personally strip security clearances. There are procedures that must be followed by law, and he hasn't done them.

So just another "the president is above the law" actions taken by this joke of a president.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                          Your faux independent shtick wore thin a long time ago. My response said all it needed to, as long as you speak Southern.
                          It's far easier to disregard an argument than have to put up a legitimate argument to refute it.
                          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

It's far easier to disregard an argument than have to put up a legitimate argument to refute it.
                            The whole reason for this is to create a council of advisers, of former CIA directors, who don't need to go through the extensive clearance process but they can then look at current intelligence.

And it's more for the benefit of the current administration, so the great irony is that this president is denying his own CIA and other agency officials access to the wise counsel of Brennan, now, and presumably the others who are on this list. - Andrea Mitchell
                            Here's an argument. That you of course dismissed. Cause you're just asking questions.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                              So what is your argument against TTWWADI when it comes to the CIA director?
                              He's not the CIA director.

He's not in the employment of the US Government. He no longer has need to know.

If something comes up, he can be read in.
                              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

He's not the CIA director.

He's not in the employment of the US Government. He no longer has need to know.

If something comes up, he can be read in.
                                No, he can't be read in. You need security clearance. Now that it's gone, it's gone.

Comment

Working...
                                X