Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.39: Dick Pictures for Everyone!!!!!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.39: Dick Pictures for Everyone!!!!!!!

Originally posted by unofan View Post
    Ok, point to me where that's a crime as opposed to an internal policy violation. Keep in mind D.C. is a one-party jurisdiction for wiretapping purposes.
    It's been my personal supposition that pretty much every single person in the White House is walking around with an operating recording device in his or her pocket.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
      Oma's problem is no recording devices are allowed in the Situation Room and somehow she has a recording of a conversation from that room on her device. Whups.
      Are you making some sort of poisonous tree argument or simply saying that discredits her?

Comment

Orange gas bag tweets at the Boston globe today. They just had a bomb scare an hour ago.
        Totally unrelated, I’m sure

Comment

And I'm saying if you're in the job you shouldn't need your predecessor there to hand-hold you constantly. Needing their historic knowledge should be as-needed, and when you do, read them in.

More folks with eyes on is more opportunity for information misuse. Or worse (espionage). That's why it's a big deal.
          Do you think board of directors that run companies are there for hand holding??? Seriously? How shallow are you?

And your assertion that more eyes are bad for information misuse- these guys have operated at the highest of the highest security for the entire world, and they have signed their secrecy away nice and tight. So given WHO these people are, please explain other than "common sense" why these guys are somehow a security risk- and please provide some examples.

Again, this advisory board acts more like a board of directors but without veto power than just holding hands. In a field of business that the more input is better than less- I REALLY don't want a CIA director to think he can run the show all by himself without input, given how hard that job is.

Basically, I STRONGLY disagree with the idea that this group of people are some kind of security risk- kind of an absurd assumption, actually.

So try again.

If that's the best you can come up with, it's not a compelling argument vs. keep doing the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
            It's been my personal supposition that pretty much every single person in the White House is walking around with an operating recording device in his or her pocket.
            https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...rds#view-story
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
              But there's no law against it.
              Seriously? That's a mistake.
              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                Do you think board of directors that run companies are there for hand holding??? Seriously? How shallow are you?
                I am on the board of directors of an organization with over a quarter billion dollars of assets on the balance sheet. I'm there to set policy and make sure it's followed. It's current management's job to run the business.

If there is a problem involving day-to-day operations confidential (e.g. personnel, union negotiation) matters we get "read in" during executive session.
                Last edited by The Sicatoka; 08-16-2018, 09:53 PM.
                The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                  ... why these guys are somehow a security risk- and please provide some examples. ...

Basically, I STRONGLY disagree with the idea that this group of people are some kind of security risk- kind of an absurd assumption, actually. ...
                  David Petraeus, 4th Director of the Central Intelligence Agency, in office September 6, 2011 to November 9, 2012.

Michael Flynn, former Director Defense Intelligence Agency, former National Security Adviser.
                  Last edited by The Sicatoka; 08-16-2018, 09:49 PM.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

I said read them in when they are the subject matter expert and are needed.

Not being in the employ (and thus not having need to know) is a big deal, though you may downplay it.
                    You clearly know nothing about clearances. "Need to know" is not a test that is applied when determining whether one can obtain (or hold) a security clearance. "Need to know" is a test that is applied by an individual who possesses classified information when considering whether to provide that classified information to another person who holds the correct level of clearance that would make the person eligible to receive it. Having a certain level clearance does not entitle you to see anything - it makes you eligible to see it. The burden is always on the possessor of classified information to determine if a potential receiver of that information has a need to know before sharing it.

My company obtains clearances for nearly all of its employees as a matter of course, just in case there's ever a need to have them work on classified contracts - it's far too lengthy of a process to do on the spur of the moment if there's an urgent need. Many employees end up working their entire careers having held a clearance the entire time but never seeing any classified information because they never had a "need to know" for the work they were performing. That doesn't mean their clearances should have been pulled just because they never had a need to know.
                    Last edited by LynahFan; 08-16-2018, 10:28 PM.
                    If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka
                      John Brennen is FORMER CIA director. He is no longer in the employ and thus has no need to know.

Mike Pompeo is the CIA director.

Not being in the employ (and thus not having need to know) is a big deal, though you may downplay it.
                      For a details guy, you don't really understand the details...

The "need to know" has absolutely zero bearing on holding a clearance. A clearance is essentially the government determining you are trustworthy to hold information up to the classification of your clearance. To get one you need a sponsor (either a company or Govt org) and to pass the background check. If you leave that sponsor they update your status and you typically get 2 years to get picked up by a new sponsor before your clearance expires.

Need to know on the other hand, is regarding specific classified information. To be given the info you must have a need to know and clearance. If you work on Army Program A you don't need to know anything about Army Program B. If you are a network engineer you need to know different things than a software engineer. Need to know has NOTHING to do with whether or not you hold a clearance.

Comment

Yes - what jerphirsch said, too, with one note that one can technically "sponsor" himself if he has a business (incl. sole proprietorship) which is going to work/consult on classified government contracts. So Brennen could easily have kept his clearance indefinitely, should he have chosen to do so - it would not necessarily automatically have gone inactive after 2 years.
                        If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                          I think she deserves a trial at The Hague for subjecting anyone to trump genitalia
                          Meh. Small offense.

Comment

Zing
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

getting a high-level security clearance isn't a 5 minute process. At one of my previous jobs I had secret clearance (not top secret), and that took a while to process. If there is any chance you might need access to classified information you go through the process, so in case you ever need to know you already have clearance.

Comment

A retired Navy admiral who oversaw the killing of terrorist Osama bin Laden says that if President Donald Trump is going to revoke the White House security clearance of former CIA director John Brennan, then Trump should revoke his, too.

On Wednesday, Trump cited “lying,” frenzied commentary,” and “erratic conduct” as reasons he’d revoked Brennan’s security clearance. Brennan, a frequent Trump critic, called the president’s actions an attempt to silence his free speech and tweeted, “My principles are worth far more than clearances.”

In a Washington Post OpEd on Thursday, William McRaven, the former commander of the U.S. Joint Special Operations Command from 2011 to 2014, spoke out on Brennan’s behalf. He called Brennan “one of the finest public servants I have ever known” and a man of “unparalleled integrity.”

McRaven then challenged Trump to revoke his clearance also.

“I would consider it an honor if you would revoke my security clearance as well, so I can add my name to the list of men and women who have spoken up against your presidency,” McRaven wrote.
                                https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b05906b4117dc5
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X